Home

College hoops 2k8 conference realignment

This is a discussion on College hoops 2k8 conference realignment within the College Hoops 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > College Hoops 2K
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 01-30-2018, 03:43 PM   #17
MVP

OVR: 10
Re: College hoops 2k8 conference realignment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortimus
Hey to anyone on this post, would anyone be interested in having a roster that uploaded with the missing 16 teams in division 1 (using this roster as a base)?
If you're willing to do this I think lots of us would be very appreciative. I was just gonna update my team and play with last year's roster but this would be huge.

Consequently, does anyone have a roster with new teams, like Massachusetts Lowell?
Old 02-07-2018, 07:35 PM   #18
Rookie

Mortimus's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ripham23232
Does adjusting the conferences mess around with the sim engine at all? For example, since the Big 10 is now the Sun Belt, do they struggle to get teams into the tourney at all? Do conferences get re-labeled from being small or mid-major to major when the teams switch?

Well. there is a way around this. I have a google spreadsheat (over 50 percent done) and adding the missing teams. The key is to keep the major conference in major conferences. for instance. ACC, Big East, Big 10, Big 12, Pac 12, SEC are listed as POWER conferences. You can say switch ACC into the Big East (and add 4 teams and make it work) and won't be no problem. Moving a team like North Carolina into the Big South might have an effect over a long period of time but not short term. Also, when I create the missing teams (out of classic teams, the first couple years, the created teams get solid recruiting and a couple are in the initial top 20 but that corrects itself very quickly and have not seen any gamebreaking things happen over a legacy.
Old 02-08-2018, 02:19 AM   #19
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortimus
I will have all the missing 16 teams and conference realignment. Been working a lot but I have a day to day schedule on which teams I am going do. My goal is ASAP but im looking around March Madness Time for whole project. Adding the teams is a breeze. If you must wanted that, could get that done in 2 weeks but if you wanted all the top players for each new team (that takes time) I created a rating scale but it can be time consuming how much you put into it. I was planning of putting the a few top players (prob 5) for each new team (add an extra year of eligibility for balance purposes) and adding some default players and making sure scholarship ratio was correct. In a four years anyways, you're using sim created players anyway.
Well this sounds fantastic. I'd go with focusing on the teams being correct and just having the top 5. That would be incredible
Old 10-11-2019, 11:55 AM   #20
Just started!

dwarrior27x's Arena

I recently did an overhaul of the conferences which took forever because of the swapping of entire conferences, editing historic teams to make them newer schools (Omaha, Seattle, Grand Canyon, etc.) and reconfiguring the conferences themselves (Penn State booted from B1G, Memphis added to SEC and etc.). Also added all the greats from historic and all conference rosters to current teams, which was interesting (David Robinson at Navy won POY two years in a row, averaged over 32ppg and 15rpg lol). So far i like the results better.
Old 10-11-2019, 12:03 PM   #21
Just started!

dwarrior27x's Arena

For example, the SEC. Ole Miss has never done anything in basketball so i kicked them to either the Sun Belt or CUSA (don’t remember, would have to go back and look). I moved South Carolina to the ACC (made sense with UNC and Clemson there as natural rivals). Added Louisville and Memphis, two strong basketball programs.

Kentucky
Louisville
Memphis
Arkansas
Florida
LSU
Alabama
Mississippi State
Tennessee
Vanderbilt
Georgia
Auburn
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-25-2022, 10:13 AM   #22
Just started!

Hey is there anyway of moving teams around without swapping?
Old 07-19-2022, 01:06 PM   #23
MVP

Mjphillips's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxChats
Hey is there anyway of moving teams around without swapping?
No Sir.

Sent from my SM-A526U using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > College Hoops 2K »