Home

This game owns my soul.

This is a discussion on This game owns my soul. within the College Hoops 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > College Hoops 2K
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 03-20-2008, 10:32 AM   #17
Bow for Bau

Vince's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: This game owns my soul.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJdaSportsGuy
You can't compare a basketball game to a baseball game. That's like saying, "Who's a better player, A-Rod or Kobe?"
Well, it's as if we were debating which is sports game of the Year.

I think that's kinda what he meant.

http://twitter.com/52isthemike
Old 03-20-2008, 11:14 AM   #18
stewaat

OVR:

Quote:
You can't compare a basketball game to a baseball game. That's like saying, "Who's a better player, A-Rod or Kobe?"
A-Rod

When it's between different sport titles there is way too much of a bias to get opinions. I enjoy college basketball video games more, therefore I'm going to say CH is better. To someone who loves the Show, he'll say that game is better. It sounds like you can't go wrong with either.

Old 03-20-2008, 11:29 AM   #19
MVP

Radja's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerhunker
Not to take this thread of tangent, but is this game is as good or better as The Show 07 or 08? I haven't played the Show, so I couldn't imagine a game being as good as this, or better.
the fact this question can even be asked is cool, though. too often we are complaining about what is wrong with a game.

these games CH, The Show and i will add winning eleven & ncaa football (from last gen) are the games that seem to most immerse their fans in the game. these games more than any others seem to stay in peoples console from release day to the next release day.

so which is better? the important things to ask are:

which makes YOU want to play most when you get home?

which one do YOU think about improving your roster or strategy when you are standing in line at the grocery store?

which one frustrates YOU most when you lose in the playoffs and not because you feel cheated?

i have been debating buying this from the standpoint of available time, but you guys are convincing me to go buy it right now.
Old 03-20-2008, 05:34 PM   #20
MVP

Hammerhunker's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Obviously they are two different sports, comparing apples to oranges, but let's compare fruit:

If it were announced today that the Show will be discontinued after this year, will people, like so many upon hearing the end of Hoops, say, "Actually, that's ok, now it gives me time to really get into the game." Though the disappointment was there, the game is so good that it will continued to be played, kind of like MVP 05. Is the Show this revered? That's all I was asking, because I hear so many great points about the Show, and wondering if the two games compared in that way.
Old 03-20-2008, 05:38 PM   #21
stewaat

OVR:

Good point by Radja

It's huge when the gameplay is to the point where you don't really worry about it anymore. I'm done with sliders and the like and the minor flaws of the game don't take away from my enjoyment.

I would love to see my experience with other titles be on par with this game.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-20-2008, 06:03 PM   #22
War Eagle

AuburnAlumni's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerhunker
Obviously they are two different sports, comparing apples to oranges, but let's compare fruit:

If it were announced today that the Show will be discontinued after this year, will people, like so many upon hearing the end of Hoops, say, "Actually, that's ok, now it gives me time to really get into the game." Though the disappointment was there, the game is so good that it will continued to be played, kind of like MVP 05. Is the Show this revered? That's all I was asking, because I hear so many great points about the Show, and wondering if the two games compared in that way.
Considering the fact that the Hoops rosters are FULLY customizable, including class, etc., I'm sure we'll see roster updates for years to come if the fanbase is still there.

If not by 2k..then by a collection of gamers like ourselves doing annual roster projects.
Old 03-20-2008, 07:18 PM   #23
MVP

Radja's Arena

OVR: 17

ok, all you wackos made me go out and buy this today. now i have to put it in the 360 and hope my wife thinks its just nba 2k8.
Old 03-20-2008, 07:43 PM   #24
War Eagle

AuburnAlumni's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radja
ok, all you wackos made me go out and buy this today. now i have to put it in the 360 and hope my wife thinks its just nba 2k8.
Enjoy. Best sports game on the market IMO.

I just finished my 3rd year at Auburn. After winning the conference my first 2 years, I finished 3rd this season. However, I ran the table and beat Vandy in the SEC Tourney Champ Game to get Tourney title this season.

I finished 21-9 and now I'm an 8 seed in the West Regional. My first matchup... 9th seeded Kansas. Ugh.

If I get past them..I face the #1 seed California Golden Bears. I'm in full March Madness mode. I'll be watching the real games and/or playing my tourney tonight.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > College Hoops 2K »