Home

This game owns my soul.

This is a discussion on This game owns my soul. within the College Hoops 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > College Hoops 2K
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 03-19-2008, 08:12 PM   #9
Banned

Laettner32's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: This game owns my soul.

No. But that did happen to me a year or so ago while I was playing around year 28 of my NCAA Football 2004. I had this bad @#$ receiver for Texas, he was WR of the year, and a Heisman winner. During like Texas real game to aTm which the Longhorns lost, I swear for a split second I thought to myself.."we're the HELL is Jones at?" Really disappointed in myself after that.
Old 03-19-2008, 09:04 PM   #10
jsg
Pro

OVR: 10

this is the greatest sports game ever for me. no game can match the intensity. i've never felt attached to a team in any college b-ball i've played until now. i started my closed legacy thinking i'll just do 2 seasons and move on to the next school but i'm now in my 4th season. i landed a solid C and SF after my 2nd season and they are the reason i'm still at my school. i want to see both these guys graduate. now in my 4th season, i'm close to signing a 4* pg. i'm determined to make my team into a contender.

in my 3rd season, i made it to the 2nd round of the tournament and faced Gonzaga. i thought i was going to get blown out but only lost by 9. i was bitter after the game because it was close until the last 2 minutes so i scheduled a game for the following season. i was hyped for the game because my team was improved with 3 solid recruits. i ended up losing the game by 35. i'm going to schedule Gonzaga until i beat them.
Old 03-19-2008, 09:29 PM   #11
MVP

Hammerhunker's Arena

OVR: 22

A very surprising, yes. I have never been a big video basketball guy, until trying this game last year, and then this year. This year is the first year I have tried a dynasty. I finally chose UConn, for what reason I don't know. I have become so attached to this team, just like teams I have coached in real life. When I watch UConn in real life, I am always second guessing Calhoun's coaching decisions, and the way he substitutes. I am kind of jealous, those are my guys he is running. Kind of creepy, but man is this game fun.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-19-2008, 11:56 PM   #12
MVP

spit_bubble's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuburnAlumni
This game owns my soul.

Is it also addicting?

Old 03-20-2008, 12:10 AM   #13
Hall Of Fame

TJdaSportsGuy's Arena

OVR: 69

Couldn't agree with you more, Drew. I'm in Year 3 of my career legacy, my first year at Gonzaga. I managed to tear through the regular season with a 32-1 record, going unbeaten in a very weak WCC but I played a tough enough non-conference slate to earn a #1 seed in the NCAA's. I have a 2nd round game against Indiana to play at some point.

I can honestly see myself playing through this career legacy mode until something better comes along in the way of a college basketball game. Since it appears that won't happen, it looks like I'm going to be in it for the long haul with my coaching career.
Old 03-20-2008, 07:21 AM   #14
Rookie

WarEagleTom's Arena

OVR: 5

agreed best sports game around
Old 03-20-2008, 08:50 AM   #15
MVP

Hammerhunker's Arena

OVR: 22

Not to take this thread of tangent, but is this game is as good or better as The Show 07 or 08? I haven't played the Show, so I couldn't imagine a game being as good as this, or better.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-20-2008, 10:24 AM   #16
Hall Of Fame

TJdaSportsGuy's Arena

OVR: 69

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerhunker
Not to take this thread of tangent, but is this game is as good or better as The Show 07 or 08? I haven't played the Show, so I couldn't imagine a game being as good as this, or better.
You can't compare a basketball game to a baseball game. That's like saying, "Who's a better player, A-Rod or Kobe?"

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > College Hoops 2K »