Home

This attempt at college basketball is pathetic

This is a discussion on This attempt at college basketball is pathetic within the College Hoops 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > College Hoops 2K
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 01-13-2008, 06:20 PM   #17
Pro

OVR: 16
Re: This attempt at college basketball is pathetic

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngusH
Guess I'm a noob too. How do you 'veterans' deal with the block animation (yes, I know it's getting removed in the patch, but this clown thinks he can deal with it now)? How about the "ball going through the defender"? Which slider fixes that problem.

Outside of that, thanks for your insight.
Haha, I think he was being sarcastic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoCo-LINEBACKER-
Yes, theyre are, healthy people to, not the obese kind.
Old 01-14-2008, 08:23 AM   #18
MVP

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehh
I have the speed set to three notches lower for the CPU than human with Help Defense for the CPU at 100 and Help Recovery at 0 and I rarely see a shot blocked on the perimeter. Yes, they still close out way too fast and can contest a lot of shots they shouldn't but I'm not seeing any blocked jumpers.
Having to set any slider at ZERO IMO means there is a glaring problem and something should be done in the patch to fix it if possible.
Old 01-14-2008, 09:14 AM   #19
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by soce
Having to set any slider at ZERO IMO means there is a glaring problem and something should be done in the patch to fix it if possible.
Alot of sliders are broken. Having it at 0 may actually not be doing as much as you would expect.
Old 01-14-2008, 09:56 AM   #20
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by soce
As long is it's fixable one way or another I'm fine with it. I'm not going to complain about how the issues gets resolved, whether it's via sliders or a patch.

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet
Old 02-27-2024, 03:14 PM   #21
MVP

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimsontide27
First off...Im a major college sports fan. Doesnt matter if its football or basketball, I like them better than their pro counterparts.

I avoid the bugs and glitches thread because I find that some people will find issues that I dont notice, but when I read about them...all of a sudden it bothers me. Forgive me if I mention something that has been brought up before.

WTF is up with the announcing? I have not heard a worse announcer since the early 90s. He cant even get the score right. I was winning 1 - 0 in the first 20 seconds of the game, and he comes across saying there is a double digit lead??? At one point I was up by 4 and he said we were down by 9. I dont get it. I have never heard errors this bad in my life.

WTF is up with the atmosphere? I didnt hear my band play or the cheers from the cheerleaders or anything. I heard the band when the game started....at half time, and when the game ended....99% of the time during the game was DEAD silence. I thought there was a glitch or something, so I adjusted the volumn , but to no avail. I then put in 2k7 and got my atmosphere back.

WTF is up with blocks?? Wether it be my guy or the computer... I go up for a dunk...no cpu guy around...all of a sudden I go into some sort of slow motion dunk, and it gets blocked from behind. Same with the computer. He can be wide open for a dunk or lay up, but the game slows down enough for me to catch up to him and block it. In retrospect, how the hell can you pull down a rebound and put the shot back up with 3 defenders in your face, yet it goes in without getting blocked. This defies almost every amount of baskeball logic Ive ever witnessed.

What is going on with the steals?? I see a guy wide open on the perimeter, so I go to guard him. I know his teammate is getting double teamed in the paint, so its likely he will kick it out. Sure enough, he passes the ball to the perimeter. I am standing DIRECTLY in the passing lane to get the steal . I swat at the ball, and it goes right the fug through me!!

I saw a long thread about this being the greatest basketball game ever and picked it up. I read about some of the bugs in that thread, but most wouldnt have an impact on my play length ( as I tend to never play more than 1-2 seasons )

Only way anyone could even remotely consider this a good basketball title is have rampant blind fanboyism going on. And no...Im no EA basketball fan. I havent played a March Madness this decade.
How we feeling 16 years later and no game?

They powers that be said "Its not a good game? watch this"

Still having the same thoughts?
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > College Hoops 2K »