Home

PS3 2013/2014 Roster Project

This is a discussion on PS3 2013/2014 Roster Project within the College Hoops 2K Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > College Hoops 2K > College Hoops 2K Rosters
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 09-30-2013, 10:50 AM   #81
MVP

bhrangerfan0809's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: PS3 2013/2014 Roster Project

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamzilla
Thanks!

How do I "Unzip" the file? Do I need special software?

Sorry! So dumb about this stuff. (I hate 2K for taking the vault down!!!)
I use some free software like The Unarchiver to do the trick.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-30-2013, 12:30 PM   #82
Rookie

OVR: 4

Hey guys, first off, big ups to bhrangerfan0809 for helping me figure out how to get the right file on here for the world to download. Here is a summary of what I've been working on for the past few months. I've endured late nights, eye rolls from the wife and zoning out on the tv to do this haha. Enjoy!!!!

WHAT I DID: All 6 major conferences (PAC10, BIG10, BIG12, SEC, ACC, BIGEAST). I just wanted to let everyone know that I am all about accuracy and updates. I tried to get every individual players HT, WT, hometown, 13-14 jersey number (a lot of changes) for present players and freshman as well as going to each individual player and morphing their face, skin and body to look like them as much as possible. A lot of guys sport faux hawks now for their hairstyle so if they did I just gave them a crew or thin crew. I also changed the coaches.

When it comes to their on-court abilities I got every teams final 12-13 stats and did my ratings off of those. For the freshman I used ESPN recruit nation and read what their analyst said about each frosh coming in. I did the same with JuCo transfers on a JuCo ratings site. So if they said that this guy blocks shots like crazy I put their block rating up high, if the PG is speedy I turned his speed up, etc. I also am 99% sure I got whether each frosh shoots left or right handed.

WHAT I DID NOT DO: All other conferences. A certain thing I did not do though was check if guys had tattoos. It would take too long for that so if someone wants to get on that go for it. I also by default took off the long sleeved t-shirt which to me looks goofy on the game. So if you know someone that wears long sleeves sorry I most likely took it off. I also did not check whether each guy wears a wristband or leg brace etc. I would never get these done by myself ha.

BONUS: Looking back now I think Ive updated around 100-120 court designs to what they look like now as close to what the game will allow for big and Little schools. You can see some of them in my Updated Court Designs thread. Obviously the game wont let me put Oregon's trees, UCF's black court or Memphis new design but I got close and some look just like the new ones for 13-14.

I understand Im not gonna make everyone happy but let me know what you guys think. Good or Bad I don't mind. I hope everyone enjoys the rosters for the most part. Thanks for your patience on these. Have Fun!
Gal 2:20
Old 09-30-2013, 12:49 PM   #83
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by zack4070
Hey guys, first off, big ups to bhrangerfan0809 for helping me figure out how to get the right file on here for the world to download. Here is a summary of what I've been working on for the past few months. I've endured late nights, eye rolls from the wife and zoning out on the tv to do this haha. Enjoy!!!!

WHAT I DID: All 6 major conferences (PAC10, BIG10, BIG12, SEC, ACC, BIGEAST). I just wanted to let everyone know that I am all about accuracy and updates. I tried to get every individual players HT, WT, hometown, 13-14 jersey number (a lot of changes) for present players and freshman as well as going to each individual player and morphing their face, skin and body to look like them as much as possible. A lot of guys sport faux hawks now for their hairstyle so if they did I just gave them a crew or thin crew. I also changed the coaches.

When it comes to their on-court abilities I got every teams final 12-13 stats and did my ratings off of those. For the freshman I used ESPN recruit nation and read what their analyst said about each frosh coming in. I did the same with JuCo transfers on a JuCo ratings site. So if they said that this guy blocks shots like crazy I put their block rating up high, if the PG is speedy I turned his speed up, etc. I also am 99% sure I got whether each frosh shoots left or right handed.

WHAT I DID NOT DO: All other conferences. A certain thing I did not do though was check if guys had tattoos. It would take too long for that so if someone wants to get on that go for it. I also by default took off the long sleeved t-shirt which to me looks goofy on the game. So if you know someone that wears long sleeves sorry I most likely took it off. I also did not check whether each guy wears a wristband or leg brace etc. I would never get these done by myself ha.

BONUS: Looking back now I think Ive updated around 100-120 court designs to what they look like now as close to what the game will allow for big and Little schools. You can see some of them in my Updated Court Designs thread. Obviously the game wont let me put Oregon's trees, UCF's black court or Memphis new design but I got close and some look just like the new ones for 13-14.

I understand Im not gonna make everyone happy but let me know what you guys think. Good or Bad I don't mind. I hope everyone enjoys the rosters for the most part. Thanks for your patience on these. Have Fun!
First and foremost, a GIANT thankyou for everything you have done. I check the board everyday to see if there is an update. ha. Would it be possible to take a screen shot of the Cincy team and possibly upload it on here? Sadly I cant get to my PS3 until 630. The HORROR...But As soon as I get home Im uploading these rosters and given them a shot. I honestly havent been this excited in a long time(sad I know)

But I was just wondering what you had for some of the players, Ive been curious as to what grades some of the incoming freshmen will receive. I have an idea how I would rate them as Ive been following each of the players alot through Youtube videos, ESPN Insider ranking, 247 rankings and rivals rankings and news alerts.

Also for the last years rosters..12-13 They had Titus Rubles as a freshmen when he was a juco transfer and should have been a Junior. I
Old 09-30-2013, 01:09 PM   #84
Rookie

BONUS:

Old 09-30-2013, 01:31 PM   #85
Rookie

Quote:

BONUS:

You are the man...I noticed A few mistakes.

Jeremiah Davis III is a redshirt sophomore.
Shaq Thomas is from NJ but that doesnt matter.
Jermaine Lawrence is more of a PF/SF
So far the PG battle is between Caupain and Guyn

I assume you have these guys but they are down lower on this list and I cannot see them but....

I didnt see Justin Jackson who is a Senior. He will be the starting 5.
Also didnt see David Nyarsuk. Another Senior and backup center.
Jamaree Strickland is a freshmen center
Jermaine Sanders a Junior SF

I have more info on these guys if you need it
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-30-2013, 02:04 PM   #86
Rookie

Yeah I got Jackson, Strickland and Sanders on here. I just didn't scroll down, I figured you wanted to see the top rated guys more than the bottom ones. I don't know about each teams position battles or anything I just went off last years stats. I do see that Davis is a So, my bad. Maybe Im more 98% correct then 99% ha. I hope you like the court designs as well!!!!
Old 09-30-2013, 02:19 PM   #87
Rookie

Quote:
Yeah I got Jackson, Strickland and Sanders on here. I just didn't scroll down, I figured you wanted to see the top rated guys more than the bottom ones. I don't know about each teams position battles or anything I just went off last years stats. I do see that Davis is a So, my bad. Maybe Im more 98% correct then 99% ha. I hope you like the court designs as well!!!!
Love the designs..and yea I figured those guys were just at the bottom of the page. What I meant by the starting PG was from as much as Ive read Caupain will be a PG this year and not a SG. But these are changes I can easily make. Justin Jackson added 20 pounds this off season and David Nyarsuk 30(did you add him as well?). I think Jacksons ratings still might be a little low if someone like Guyn is ranked higher than him. Im not a JAckson fan to be honest. Hes been a huge disappointment the last 2 years so we will see where he stands, but He might still be the 2nd best player on this team. But all things I can change with my Bias on wanting this team to be good haha
Old 09-30-2013, 02:44 PM   #88
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by coachpipe
Love the designs..and yea I figured those guys were just at the bottom of the page. What I meant by the starting PG was from as much as Ive read Caupain will be a PG this year and not a SG. But these are changes I can easily make. Justin Jackson added 20 pounds this off season and David Nyarsuk 30(did you add him as well?). I think Jacksons ratings still might be a little low if someone like Guyn is ranked higher than him. Im not a JAckson fan to be honest. Hes been a huge disappointment the last 2 years so we will see where he stands, but He might still be the 2nd best player on this team. But all things I can change with my Bias on wanting this team to be good haha
I hear ya. I expect people to tweek their teams a little to their own liking. This just gives everybody a great starting point. There might be a guy or two from each team who I left out. Most likely a guy that was close to irrelevant to last years teams but I tried. I did not get Nyarsuk though. My main thing was to get close to all freshman. A lot of the times if I left someone out it would be a low rated Senior because judging by the depth chart and last years stats he wouldn't get much play anyways and would be irrelevant in a franchises future years. I also didn't care for putting Walk-Ons on teams as well. There might be a couple on there but I definitely did not go out of my way to create them. Thanks for the feedback and yeah I thought you might like the Xavier court as well since they are your rivals!

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > College Hoops 2K > College Hoops 2K Rosters »