Home

Bump and Run

This is a discussion on Bump and Run within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 05-22-2009, 11:47 AM   #65
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

OVR: 51
Re: Bump and Run

Leadership seems to add a little umph to the players as well with regards to their coverage abilities.

One thing I have learned recently is not to use RB all of the time. I was always complaining about being taken out of the play every time I went for a catch, and then I watched a video where the dev lead said you can go for the INT, but risk being taken out of the play, and sure enough, hit LB and stop the play, but no chance of an INT, and you're not taken out of the play. Hit RB, have the possibility of an INT, but risk being out of position once the animation is over. It's a pretty neat strategy element whose impact I never full recognized until just a couple of months ago.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-22-2009, 11:55 AM   #66
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

To Valdarez, I only play on legend, so that's where my experiences are coming from. The reason I like Barney against the fade is precisely the closing speed. If he gets beat at the line, he will run that route down.

To Kasey, I think disruption is key for both types of passing games. I will not let deep threats run free, period. I will molest them constantly, and take my lumps if they get free.

Possession guys is another story. I'm content to give up 7 yard plays, so I don't worry about them as much, but if an offense is predicated on the quick out, I'll start bumping to force late and wide throws.

Most players don't have the patience to use possession receivers correctly anyway, so I usually don't worry about being consistently nickled and dimed to death.

As far as bump as a base strategy goes, I think every team in the league would love to do that. The problem is that it takes a special corner to do it well all game long.

It also boils down to defensive philosophy. I know you like to play aggressive, attack-style defense, and I'm more and more that way myself. For that style, it's probably in your best interest to load the front 7, press, blitz, and harry the QB. You may get torched from time to time, but you'll win more than you lose.

Just put your hand on their throat, and wish 'em good luck .
Old 05-23-2009, 02:54 AM   #67
Banned

OVR: 8

Ok to answer Vals question...aside from the routes mentioned to beat "Man Bump"

RUN THE D@MN BALL!!!! When a guys in bump you now control where his best defenders line up, motion them away from where you wanna go it's very simple bump is my favorite defense to play against because it takes all the guess work out for the offense...

Don't like to run, ok then for the WR you wanna throw to motion him so he takes a step back so he gets a "free release" and voila no "bump cheese" as you would refer to it (see Hitman's bold quote)....also choose formations like Quads Flip where both WR's on the outside line up off the LOS. For a guy who seems intelligent via your verbage in posts you lack basic football understanding and thus you struggle vs the most basic of defensive calls.

No more SIM...adopt the "FAIR PLAY"
Old 05-23-2009, 08:07 AM   #68
So long to a Legend.

ANDROMADA 1's Arena

OVR: 65

Quote:
Originally Posted by s38s38s

RUN THE D@MN BALL!!!! When a guys in bump you now control where his best defenders line up, motion them away from where you wanna go it's very simple bump is my favorite defense to play against because it takes all the guess work out for the offense...

Don't like to run, ok then for the WR you wanna throw to motion him so he takes a step back so he gets a "free release" and voila no "bump cheese" as you would refer to it (see Hitman's bold quote)....also choose formations like Quads Flip where both WR's on the outside line up off the LOS. For a guy who seems intelligent via your verbage in posts you lack basic football understanding and thus you struggle vs the most basic of defensive calls.

you could and should leave comments like this out.Not helpful and seems a bit insulting.It is also a violation of the TOS.you may want to take it easy on the OS'ers here.Have a nice day
Old 05-23-2009, 09:50 AM   #69
MVP

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by s38s38s

Ding Ding Ding we have a WINNER!!!!

Season 1 CHAMPION!!!
Old 05-23-2009, 12:07 PM   #70
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

OVR: 51

Ahhh... s38s, still trolling I see. I'm going to have to add you to ignore here, like I have on 2kfootballstrategy, xbox360, 2k sports forums, youtube, email, and probably more places than I can remember now after you took it upon yourself to estalk. I guess I should learn how to freeze people online like you and you're buddy have been doing for the last couple of years. I'd learn a lot more about the game that way.

This is what constantly happens when you try to break down the game and people try to defend certain tactics. Instead of talking about the game, people try to demonize you, your view point, obfuscate the argument with Sim or 'it's football' arguments when in fact it's a video game simulation. Running the ball against man coverage is a no brainer. I'm not going to break down the issues (this is not a definitive win based on personell/stick skillz of your opponent) with this as the way to beat bump because it distracts from the discussion with regards to the issues with bump that I outlined, and the one thing that's still hard to understand, namely how to read a route and the open man in order to complete a pass.

Just last night I played a game and my WR beat the CB off the bump for a mid range out play. Before the cut he was open, so I throw the ball, expecting him to break cleanly for a catch right? Instead the CB catches up, bumps him off the route, and then puts himself in position to make the INT (though he dropped it). This is what I'm talking about with bump, and continueing to bump down the field. I had a guy open, that had beat the press, but because he was bumped again as he made his cut, he was put out of position to make a catch. Even though I read the route perfectly, because of the way bump's working in Legend lobby, I nearly had the ball picked.

Last edited by Valdarez; 05-23-2009 at 12:23 PM.
Old 05-23-2009, 01:38 PM   #71
In case you forgot...

mKoz26's Arena

OVR: 30

Bump is not cheese. Period. That discussion is over.

Now, let's discuss what we have learned using and/or facing bump in the game. This non-constructive arguing is getting us nowhere, and it makes us all look bad.

@CDonkey26

Quote:
Originally Posted by baumy300
Yeah, she may be a bit of a beotch, but you get back to me when you find out a way to motorboat personality...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-23-2009, 04:33 PM   #72
MVP

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by mKoz26
Bump is not cheese. Period. That discussion is over.

Now, let's discuss what we have learned using and/or facing bump in the game. This non-constructive arguing is getting us nowhere, and it makes us all look bad.
Read some of the stuff I wrote... I tried to be constructive

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »