Old 05-23-2009, 04:51 PM   #73
In case you forgot...

mKoz26's Arena

OVR: 30
Re: Bump and Run

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreatineKasey
Read some of the stuff I wrote... I tried to be constructive
Oh, definately. I was talking to the few bringing things over from the 2k forums and what not. It's getting old.

You're always giving good tips, especially defensively. I gotta play you sometime, maybe learn a few things seeing it in action. You'd tear me apart though. It's nothing I'm not used to so I can deal with a nice blowout.

@CDonkey26

Quote:
Originally Posted by baumy300
Yeah, she may be a bit of a beotch, but you get back to me when you find out a way to motorboat personality...
Old 05-23-2009, 06:00 PM   #74
MVP

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by mKoz26
Oh, definately. I was talking to the few bringing things over from the 2k forums and what not. It's getting old.

You're always giving good tips, especially defensively. I gotta play you sometime, maybe learn a few things seeing it in action. You'd tear me apart though. It's nothing I'm not used to so I can deal with a nice blowout.
I like to think I'm better at talking about APF than playing it I don't think there would be any blowouts. In fact, if you played my SQL team I'd be lucky to be within 1 score in the 4th quarter. We'll have to play sometime, I have all kinds of teams so we can match up however you want to play (CAPs, Legends only, Single team themes)
Old 05-23-2009, 11:44 PM   #75
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdarez
Hitman, I've about had my fill of you misrepresenting me on forums, whether here, or on the 2K Sports forums. How about you stick to presenting your own views, instead of attempting (emphasis on attempting) to represent mine. Taking bits and pieces of something I have stated in order to misrepresent it is dishonest, and a waste of everyone's time.

What I have said is that cheese is doing anything over, and over again, especially when you are trying to replicate a NFL Sim experience, in a NFL Sim league.

With regards to bump coverage, I do believe that bump coverage is OP (over powered). You can do some examples to test it out and draw your own conclusions. You can run bump with receivers, give them inside coverage, and they'll still successfully cover the outs. How does that work? Answer, it shouldn't.

On deep routes, when double covered, WR's will be bumped well beyond the 5 yard line, many times pushed back and forth between the two defensive backs, so much so that every once in awhile a WR will actually be knocked to the ground, which is both a funny thing to watch, and a frustrating thing to watch as no flag is thrown and needless to say you can't complete a pass to a WR laying on the ground.

With regards to passing against bump coverage, I have posted questions to the entire community asking how to throw against bump coverage for normal routes (how to read and throw) beyond running a specific route (arrow or comeback of some sort), none of which can be hot routed too. To date, no one has been able to explain it.

For some reason, bump man does not just have the DB bump the man at the 5 yard line, it causes the DB to stay very close to the receiver, thus you are right Hitman, it is by far the most effective man coverage in the game.

The problem, as I see it is that man coverage is too lax (DB's are too far off their coverage), and bump coverage is too close. In reality both coverages should be somewhere in between with the only difference on the bump coverage being a bump before the 5 yard line.
All you need is a bump buster, or use TE more, or someone of the line of scrimige, either TE flex or the slot, or the flanker. Shy away from split end and your fine against bump masters.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-24-2009, 08:34 AM   #76
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUSS
All you need is a bump buster, or use TE more, or someone of the line of scrimige, either TE flex or the slot, or the flanker. Shy away from split end and your fine against bump masters.
I know we all know this, but there is a reason most teams put their best receiver at flanker: it gives them a free release.

The game will line up the first receiver you pick at split end, but I always make sure my main target is at flanker unless they were a natural split end irl and can handle press coverage.
Old 05-24-2009, 12:17 PM   #77
MVP

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Autumn Wind
I know we all know this, but there is a reason most teams put their best receiver at flanker: it gives them a free release.

The game will line up the first receiver you pick at split end, but I always make sure my main target is at flanker unless they were a natural split end irl and can handle press coverage.
Ever since this bump discussion started I've learned so much about how to run an offense against man coverage, and more importantly how to defend it. You are right on with this observation. It is HUGE which WR is on and off the L.O.S. If you have a deep threat guy... keep him off the line of scrimmage and they HAVE TO double him! It's awesome!

The upside for the defense in that situation is they can probably keep single coverage on the other side of the field since he can get bumped and locked down (ideally). With this knowledge you can force your coverage to areas you want to and not have to cover the deep half of both sides of the field.
Old 05-25-2009, 03:51 PM   #78
Rookie

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreatineKasey
It is HUGE which WR is on and off the L.O.S. If you have a deep threat guy... keep him off the line of scrimmage and they HAVE TO double him! It's awesome!
This was the single biggest thing I discovered for ACQB3. I mad Lofton the #2 WR with either Eric Martin or Charley Taylor the #1. Lofton always had free releases because he was off the line, and Taylor and Martin have Bump Buster. Free releases all day. Un-bump & run-able
Old 05-25-2009, 07:33 PM   #79
Banned

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdarez
Ahhh... s38s, still trolling I see. I'm going to have to add you to ignore here, like I have on 2kfootballstrategy, xbox360, 2k sports forums, youtube, email, and probably more places than I can remember now after you took it upon yourself to estalk. I guess I should learn how to freeze people online like you and you're buddy have been doing for the last couple of years. I'd learn a lot more about the game that way.

This is what constantly happens when you try to break down the game and people try to defend certain tactics. Instead of talking about the game, people try to demonize you, your view point, obfuscate the argument with Sim or 'it's football' arguments when in fact it's a video game simulation. Running the ball against man coverage is a no brainer. I'm not going to break down the issues (this is not a definitive win based on personell/stick skillz of your opponent) with this as the way to beat bump because it distracts from the discussion with regards to the issues with bump that I outlined, and the one thing that's still hard to understand, namely how to read a route and the open man in order to complete a pass.

Just last night I played a game and my WR beat the CB off the bump for a mid range out play. Before the cut he was open, so I throw the ball, expecting him to break cleanly for a catch right? Instead the CB catches up, bumps him off the route, and then puts himself in position to make the INT (though he dropped it). This is what I'm talking about with bump, and continueing to bump down the field. I had a guy open, that had beat the press, but because he was bumped again as he made his cut, he was put out of position to make a catch. Even though I read the route perfectly, because of the way bump's working in Legend lobby, I nearly had the ball picked.
Lol e-stalk don't flatter yourself....freeze boy please you see any videos up of me freezing people....If I could freeze I wouldn't have losing streaks, you can jump on bandwagons all you want but it doesn't make it true. Secondly to your post if you don't appreciate the response you don't have to respond especially trying to take a cheap shot...I think it's funny you now post here must be losing your grip on the SIM community. Either way only reason I got banned is because of the one game we played where you sat in one defense all game long reguardless of the coverage for your secondary. You should probably take it as a clue you can't do one thing all game long and expect high success, especially taking into account you run about 8 plays all game on offense like you did against me its no wonder you have trouble beating bump...No one else here has any trouble with it but you refuse to get your head out your own a$$ to actually apply some thought and say hmm what are the disadvantages of running bump? Let me lay it out for you...

1.Opponent controls where your best players line up

2.No help on runs up the gut or out of formations where all WR's are on the same side of the field...

3.WR's off the LOS get a free release

For a guy who built his own strategy site you should've been forund the answer to this age old question lol, you keep flexing your E-muscle I'll continue to explore the game...
Old 05-25-2009, 08:00 PM   #80
Rookie

OVR: 1

Careful s38s! He might try to find away to become an admin on this site so he can bann us everytime we expose his stupidity. As if we care. lol. Go on with your E-muscle Val! You're still fat and have probably never played a real sport in your life so you live vicariously through sports video games attempting to know what you're talking about. You like to flex your E-muscle because you have little control in real life. It's your cotrol fix. Trust me, I know your type. And they are all city league basketball refs (where they have a little control) I know you amount to nothing in real life. Now go back to your little POS website. Me and my website designer at my company were actually laughing at your website the other day. LOL. It's so bad. I dont post on this site but when i heard you were here i had to come check it out. Later fat guy!

Last edited by Lankylegz89; 05-25-2009 at 08:02 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »