Home

What is Universe mode?

This is a discussion on What is Universe mode? within the WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 11-19-2014, 03:01 PM   #1
Rookie

m_maclean24's Arena

OVR: 0
What is Universe mode?

Hi guys,

I'm considering buying this game, it looks and sounds great. I haven't played a wrestling game since PS2 - I am wondering what is universe mode?
Thanks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-19-2014, 03:24 PM   #2
MVP

nate1986's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: What is Universe mode?

think of it as a "franchise" mode, you can set your roster any way you see fit, you can set your weekly shows to your liking if you wanted raw, main event, NXT, smackdown, superstars you could, you can't set a weekly show on Sundays because thats when your PPVs happen

you can also set rivalries to go 4, 8 or 12 weeks but keep in mind you can only set three rivalries per major show there are also stories you can unlock so your feuds (which i reccomend simming a few years to unlock the 861 pieces for it)

you can also change titles in and out as well, if you would rather have the ECW TV title instead of the US title then you can do that, if there are certain wrestlers you don't wanna use you can move them to the inactive tab i think i covered the major bases of Universe mode
Old 11-19-2014, 05:37 PM   #3
Rookie

m_maclean24's Arena

Wow, sounds unique - thanks a lot
Old 11-20-2014, 11:39 AM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nate1986
think of it as a "franchise" mode, you can set your roster any way you see fit, you can set your weekly shows to your liking if you wanted raw, main event, NXT, smackdown, superstars you could, you can't set a weekly show on Sundays because thats when your PPVs happen

you can also set rivalries to go 4, 8 or 12 weeks but keep in mind you can only set three rivalries per major show there are also stories you can unlock so your feuds (which i reccomend simming a few years to unlock the 861 pieces for it)

you can also change titles in and out as well, if you would rather have the ECW TV title instead of the US title then you can do that, if there are certain wrestlers you don't wanna use you can move them to the inactive tab i think i covered the major bases of Universe mode
Wow. Haven't played universe yet. Waiting for DLC to actually work. Will simming a few years to unlock everything cause your wrestlers to age? Does the calendar change to let's say 2021 if I sim 6 or 7 years? Will Season Pass unlock these stories in Universe already?
Old 11-20-2014, 01:50 PM   #5
MVP

BrianM207's Arena

OVR: 3

Simming a few years will unlock the majority of the stories you can use.

No they will not age.

Yes on the calender(I believe)

And no it wont unlock the universe stories.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-20-2014, 02:10 PM   #6
Pro

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianM207
Simming a few years will unlock the majority of the stories you can use.

No they will not age.

Yes on the calender(I believe)

And no it wont unlock the universe stories.

Would you recommend simming ahead to unlock the stories and then simply restarting your universe mode?
Old 11-20-2014, 03:12 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tru7Prodigy
Would you recommend simming ahead to unlock the stories and then simply restarting your universe mode?
You beat me to it. I was just about to ask the exact same thing. I would hate starting my Universe in 2022 just because I wanted to unlock all the stories.
Old 11-26-2014, 05:42 PM   #8
MVP

BrianM207's Arena

OVR: 3

If you want to use them right off the bad then yes....you dont loose them if you re-set so your ok

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games »