Home

New Owner Debut

This is a discussion on New Owner Debut within the Wrestling forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 01-30-2014, 08:58 PM   #1
# The No Movement!

Mr2Nice's Arena

OVR: 22
New Owner Debut

Tonight we find out who this new owner is and if the product will actually improve or not.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-30-2014, 11:35 PM   #2
RIP Brodie!!!

CaptainZombie's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: New Owner Debut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr2Nice
Tonight we find out who this new owner is and if the product will actually improve or not.
I'm finally watching tonight's show about 2 hrs later and this is such a nice crowd vs. most of the crowds in WWE. Too bad TNA couldn't tape in the UK 3-4 times a year.

MVP is a great wrestler, I just think we all expected someone in a non wrestling capacity vs. a mid-card WWE/mid-card NJPW talent to come in as they are an investor. If Dixie is the President and if TNA isn't a publicly traded company, how could there be this investor that has 25% of the company decisions.
Old 01-31-2014, 08:01 AM   #3
MVP

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainZombie
I'm finally watching tonight's show about 2 hrs later and this is such a nice crowd vs. most of the crowds in WWE. Too bad TNA couldn't tape in the UK 3-4 times a year.

MVP is a great wrestler, I just think we all expected someone in a non wrestling capacity vs. a mid-card WWE/mid-card NJPW talent to come in as they are an investor. If Dixie is the President and if TNA isn't a publicly traded company, how could there be this investor that has 25% of the company decisions.
I guess they could say that her parents sold some/all of their shares to him. I agree that the crowd was good. It was nice to see them have a show with a relatively big crowd that was into it. Sometimes I do wonder if they'd be better off if they moved all their tv to the UK or maybe even Canada.
Old 01-31-2014, 10:58 AM   #4
# The No Movement!

Mr2Nice's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainZombie

I just wish they would have went with anyone else for this and actually not even done this story line. Its just a reboot off of when Mick Foley came in and etc. I would have like to see either a old legend come in. (Not have him wrestle just figure head) or someone like Ted Dibiase Jr or even Tommy Dreamer. Who I heard works for them now.

If MVP is buying into ur company (kayfabe) then ur really are in trouble lol. I got 20 bucks can I be a owner to?
Old 01-31-2014, 05:30 PM   #5
Just started!

Realist V's Arena

OVR: 0

MVP while in the WWE showed a lot of personality and potential to be imo a future world champion. Him being the new investor of TNA and working with the American Wolves looks fairly odd however this could be an interesting angle if done correctly.

Btw on the same episode of impact, Rockstar Spud was simply amazing he had a great segment with the wolves and also Samoa Joe is next in line for a world title shot in which im hoping he wins. I'm definitely looking forward to what happens next on impact. MVP's first promo as investor should also be interesting.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-01-2014, 02:16 PM   #6
All Star

SmashMan's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr2Nice
or even Tommy Dreamer. Who I heard works for them now.

If MVP is buying into ur company (kayfabe) then ur really are in trouble lol. I got 20 bucks can I be a owner to?
Wait...MVP looks out of place as a guy who has enough money to invest in a company - but Tommy Dreamer doesn't?
Old 02-01-2014, 06:21 PM   #7
RIP Brodie!!!

CaptainZombie's Arena

OVR: 49

Now that the spoilers for the coming weeks are out, I think this new TNA could be good and a long time coming. I was kind of upset the direction the last few weeks but it looks like the young talent is getting a go ahead there. I really hope that they do stick with the younger set of stars at the top. Personally, I would of kept AJ Styles and would of never resigned Mr. Anderson. Hoping the night of Lockdown he makes his return.

If they overhaul the announcing team, that would help a lot. Tenay is good at what he does, but he's not as fun to listen to anymore. I feel like Taz is just phoning it in from time to time. I would go with Borasch and probably bring back Todd Keneley.

I'd love if they were to change the name after the win at Lockdown for the faces. This would be a perfect opportunity.
Old 02-01-2014, 08:17 PM   #8
# The No Movement!

Mr2Nice's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmashMan
Wait...MVP looks out of place as a guy who has enough money to invest in a company - but Tommy Dreamer doesn't?
Dreamer has a wrestling promotion. House of Hardcore I believe (if its still in operations). In kayfabe terms he could be investing to bring a edgier/extreme side to the company. Dreamer has some actual cred with fans. I'm a fan of MVP I just don't think this is the right angle for him

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling »