Home

Predicting "Bonus Matches" for WWE 2K14's '30 Years of Wrestlemania" mode...

This is a discussion on Predicting "Bonus Matches" for WWE 2K14's '30 Years of Wrestlemania" mode... within the Wrestling forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-27-2013, 02:16 PM   #1
2014 Dodgeball Champion.

almostbobsaget's Arena

OVR: 2
Predicting "Bonus Matches" for WWE 2K14's '30 Years of Wrestlemania" mode...

Much like WWE 13's Attitude Era Mode had Bonus Matches and an Off Script category, let's assume WWE 2K14 injects a similar bonus content scheme into the 30 Years of Wrestlemania mode. In the Attitude Era mode, the bonus matches weren't part of the main storylines of each chapter, but were milestone events of each chapter or introduce a sub-story into each chapter. With this, the mode was able to give us more characters, additional costumes, and additional arenas.

What will WWE 2K14 give us? Additional matches at each Wrestlemania? Perhaps matches leading up to the event for storyline purposes and additional arenas? Rematches of Wrestlemania matches? If they incorporate some sort of bonus content like last year, I'm very excited to see what additional content we will see.

Analyzing WWE 13, there were 56 matches total in the main Attitude Era mode, with an additional 10 matches in the Off Script mode, advancing the total to 66 matches. WWE 2K14 is said to have 45 matches total, which means there's the possibility of having 21 additional matches to the mode if it falls in line with last year's product.

Here's my quick predictions, that don't include any matches outside of a Wrestlemania:

Lock to Happen:
WM XII: The Ultimate Warrior defeated Hunter Hearst Helmsley (with Sable) (Probably no Sable)
WM X8: Stone Cold Steve Austin defeated Scott Hall (with Kevin Nash) (will allow the game to have Hall/Nash for nWo)
WM XIX: Shawn Michaels defeated Chris Jericho
WM XIX: Triple H (c) (with Ric Flair) defeated Booker T
WM XX: John Cena defeated Big Show (c) for US Title
WM XXV: Rey Mysterio defeated John "Bradshaw" Layfield (c) for IC Title

Might Happen:
WM V: Rick Rude (with Bobby Heenan) defeated The Ultimate Warrior (c)
WM V: Jake Roberts defeated André the Giant (with Bobby Heenan) by disqualification (Big John Studd as SGR)
WM VIII: Bret Hart defeated Roddy Piper (c) for IC Title
WM XIV: Cactus Jack and Chainsaw Charlie defeated the New Age Outlaws (c) (Billy Gunn and Road Dogg)
WM XV: Shane McMahon (c) defeated X-Pac
WM X-7: Shane McMahon defeated Vince McMahon w/ Mick Foley as SGR
WM XIX: Hulk Hogan defeated Vince McMahon
WM XXVII: Michael Cole (with Jack Swagger) defeated Jerry Lawler w Austin as SGR
WM XXVIII: CM Punk (c) defeated Chris Jericho by submission
WM XXVII: Michael Cole (with Jack Swagger) defeated Jerry Lawler w Austin as SGR

Probably Not Going to Happen:
WM IV: Rick Rude (with Bobby Heenan) and Jake Roberts fought to a
time-limit draw.
WM IX: Lex Luger defeated Mr. Perfect
WM X: Owen Hart defeated Bret Hart
WM X: Any WWF Championship match from the event.

Off Script Mode from WWE 13 = The Streak Mode for WWE 2K14 (Undertaker's Top 10 matches from Wrestlemania)
***Top 10 = Matches they don't need additional licenses for/already have the wrestlers in the game***
1. WM VII: The Undertaker (with Paul Bearer) defeated Jimmy Snuka
2. WM XI: The Undertaker (with Paul Bearer) defeated King Kong Bundy (with Ted DiBiase)
3. WM XII: The Undertaker (with Paul Bearer) defeated Diesel
4. WM XIV: The Undertaker defeated Kane (with Paul Bearer)
5.WM X7: The Undertaker defeated Triple H
6. WM X8: The Undertaker defeated Ric Flair
7.1 ***Maybe?*** WM XIX: The Undertaker defeated Big Show and A-Train
7.2 WMXX: The Undertaker (with Paul Bearer) defeated Kane
8. WM XXV: The Undertaker defeated Shawn Michaels
9. WM XXVIII: Undertaker defeated Triple H by submission
10. WM 29: The Undertaker defeated CM Punk (with Paul Heyman)

***All other matches of importance I'm assuming will be in the actual WM mode***

What do you think?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2013, 09:55 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Predicting "Bonus Matches" for WWE 2K14's '30 Years of Wrestlemania" mode...

I would love to see Snuka and JYDog in. But I want to play as Goldberg vs Scott Hall-Goldberg vs Hollywood Nitro episode with the old WCW ring, WCW presentation and Tony and Heenan.

Last edited by xman2k; 08-29-2013 at 09:58 AM.
Old 08-31-2013, 06:50 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Predicting "Bonus Matches" for WWE 2K14's '30 Years of Wrestlemania" mode...

Quote:
Originally Posted by xman2k
I would love to see Snuka and JYDog in. But I want to play as Goldberg vs Scott Hall-Goldberg vs Hollywood Nitro episode with the old WCW ring, WCW presentation and Tony and Heenan.
They are absolutely saving all things non-WWE until they've run the well dry. Expect a WCW, ECW and All-Time (WWE/WCW/ECW/AWA/WCCW/whatever other folded companies they own) mode in due time.

It's amazing to me they even got Goldberg considering his only Mania was the disaster against Lesnar, but that probably means they have him in different matches like you mentioned, but I'm not sure which.
Old 12-03-2013, 08:34 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 5

Sorry if this has been revealed or not, but did they ever announce the extra matches? I swore i seen something on this forum awhile back, but cant find it. If they are announced, how do we access them? i've beaten every match with everything unlocked, just curious how to access these matches if they have been announced? Thanx
Old 12-03-2013, 08:40 PM   #5
MVP

bigbob's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjdogjjdog5162
Sorry if this has been revealed or not, but did they ever announce the extra matches? I swore i seen something on this forum awhile back, but cant find it. If they are announced, how do we access them? i've beaten every match with everything unlocked, just curious how to access these matches if they have been announced? Thanx
There aren't any new matches. What was in the game is what we got.

Have you ever wanted to coach or play basketball at the next level, but something prevented you from achieving that dream? Fret no more. Ask me about SimWorld Hoops to see how you can create your virtual self, and follow your path from the prep-level to the pros.

#SeeTheGameBeTheGame
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-04-2013, 02:16 AM   #6
Just started!

OVR: 0

Old 12-04-2013, 02:30 AM   #7

jvalverde88's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbob
Quote:
Originally Posted by lushadonggo

Quote:
Never let fear determine who you are. Never let where you came from determine where you are going.
Old 12-04-2013, 02:41 AM   #8
Keep the Faith

TripleCrown9's Arena

That's gotta be a record

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling »