Home

Survivor Series - 11/21/10

This is a discussion on Survivor Series - 11/21/10 within the Wrestling forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 11-13-2010, 09:16 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 55
Survivor Series - 11/21/10

1) No count out or disqualification match for the WWE Championship:

Randy Orton (c) vs. Wade Barrett

John Cena is the special guest referee

If Barrett wins the championship, Cena is free from the Nexus but if Orton retains, Cena will be fired

-

2) World Heavyweight Championship match:

Kane (c) vs. Edge

-

3) Classic 5 on 5 Survivor Series Elimination match:

Rey Mysterio/Kofi Kingston/MVP/Chris Masters/Big Show vs. Alberto Del Rio/Jack Swagger/Drew McIntyre/Cody Rhodes/Tyler Reks

-

4) Intercontinental Championship match:

Dolph Ziggler (c) vs. Kaval

-

5) United States Championship match:

Daniel Bryan (c) vs. Ted DiBiase

-

6) Unified Tag Team Championship match:

Justin Gabriel & Heath Slater (c) vs. Santino Marella & Vladimir Kozlov

-

7) Singles match:

Sheamus vs. John Morrison

-

8) 2-on-1 Handicap match for the WWE Divas Championship:

Lay-Cool (Layla & Michelle McCool) (c) vs. Natalya

Last edited by 55; 11-20-2010 at 05:28 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-13-2010, 09:28 PM   #2
Banned

Re: Survivor Series - 11/21/10

We're eight days away from the event and there are only three matches booked for this so far. Lame!

I'm hoping we'll also get an IC title and/or a US title match. Ziggler has a mini-feud with MVP going but I can't think of a good opponent for Bryan right now. A tag team title match between Gabriel/Slater and the Hart Dynasty would be pretty sweet too.

Also, an old fashioned 4 on 4 or 5 on 5 classic Survivor Series match would be cool too. Perhaps the Nexus against some of faces of the WWE. Of course that would cancel out the tag team championship match, so I would settle for a classic faces vs. heels match instead.

The possibilities are endless, but they damn sure waited until the last minute to book this thing...
Old 11-13-2010, 09:37 PM   #3
Banned

blues4life74's Arena

OVR: 2

They have a hard time building up for PPV's nowadays, especially for their mid-card and lower-card talent. The fact they only have 3 matches booked so far isn't surprising to me. They'll have impromptu IC title and Tag Title matches for sure but I don't think they're going to have a Survivor Series style match. I read somewhere that they're not doing that this year..
Old 11-14-2010, 11:52 AM   #4
Titans Era has begun.

HealyMonster's Arena

OVR: 31

Is there like a specific "event" around survivor series like is it a tourney? Like whats the gimmick behind survivor series? Ive never seen one, Im going to watch this one hopefully seeing Miz finally cash in, we will see there, but Im wondering what the survivor series actually is, like what are they surviving?
Old 11-14-2010, 12:04 PM   #5
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiderGH
Is there like a specific "event" around survivor series like is it a tourney? Like whats the gimmick behind survivor series? Ive never seen one, Im going to watch this one hopefully seeing Miz finally cash in, we will see there, but Im wondering what the survivor series actually is, like what are they surviving?
The original concept for the Survivor Series was to have an annual pay-per-view event that focused on tag team wrestling. Another contributing factor to the birth of the Survivor Series was to capitalize on the big time feud between Hulk Hogan and André the Giant, who wrestled each other at WrestleMania III.

It was originally created to be a "Thanksgiving tradition" as the first four Survivor Series events took place on Thanksgiving Day in November. After four years of taking place on Thanksgiving Eve following that, Survivor Series moved to a more-traditional Sunday PPV date.

The event is usually characterized by having five on five (or sometimes four on four) tag-team elimination matches. These matches are generally referred to simply as "Survivor Series matches".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Survivor_Series
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-14-2010, 12:20 PM   #6
Titans Era has begun.

HealyMonster's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by 55
The original concept for the Survivor Series was to have an annual pay-per-view event that focused on tag team wrestling. Another contributing factor to the birth of the Survivor Series was to capitalize on the big time feud between Hulk Hogan and André the Giant, who wrestled each other at WrestleMania III.

It was originally created to be a "Thanksgiving tradition" as the first four Survivor Series events took place on Thanksgiving Day in November. After four years of taking place on Thanksgiving Eve following that, Survivor Series moved to a more-traditional Sunday PPV date.

The event is usually characterized by having five on five (or sometimes four on four) tag-team elimination matches. These matches are generally referred to simply as "Survivor Series matches".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Survivor_Series
wow, thanks for the link, seems like wwe has been loving them some 5 on 5 matches lately, surprised the Orton-Barret match doesn't have more ppl in it.
Old 11-14-2010, 02:13 PM   #7
MVP

vernond's Arena

OVR: 17

I don't really know what goes through the minds of the higher ups at the WWE. It seems like they think people are going to drop 50 bucks no matter what on a ppv regardless of the card or the build up to the event.

I remember last year after the Survivor Series reading about Vince wanting to ax it because it did so poorly in buy rates. They had a big time main event with Cena/hbk/hhh and did nothing to build it. If i remember correcty the nascar drivers booked the match and their was some skit with Hornswoggle and the week before their was some kind of in ring scuffle and that was it. The blame was put on the Survivor Series having run its course not the crappy booking. They could've teased a DX split over the belt, had Cena planting seeds of doubt in DX, making DX look like a force that Cena couldn't stop, but they just threw them out there with no build and no one cared, great match though.

I think the emotional aspect of wrestling is extremely undervalued and underutilized presently. There needs to be more focus on getting people emotionally tied to the storylines and fueds, actually caring about who is winning and losing.

Sorry kind of went off topic but last years Survivor Series just sticks out to me as on being terribly under built at least the main event.

Last edited by vernond; 11-14-2010 at 02:17 PM.
Old 11-14-2010, 04:39 PM   #8
goh
Banned

OVR: 37

Lay-Cool (Layla & Michelle McCool) (c) vs. Natalya
I'm suprised this match is happening. I guess Nattie will finally win?

Kane (c) vs. Edge
I think Edge will beat Kane for the title,just don't think it'll be here.

Randy Orton (c) vs. Wade Barrett
Barrett will kick out of the RKO.
Orton will kick out of the Wasteland.
Barrett will do a few more moves and go for another Wasteland. It will be reversed into a RKO.
Cena will count 2,pick up Orton,give him an AA and drag Barrett on top of him then count 3.

I said there were 3 possibilities but they're all after the match. I believe that much will happen. Then Barrett will extend his hand to Cena and say good job at which point Cena...

1. Slugs him. Predictable and safe. Yawn.
2. Shakes it and sticks with Nexus on his own accord. Wonderful and suprising.
3. Takes it,gives him a AA and Miz cashes in.

A 4th possibility has occured to me and that's that the match doesn't even happen.
Orton loses the title to START the show when Cena beats him all over the arena,drags him to the ring,Miz comes out to cash in and Cena makes the count as he has refs powers. He explains to Barrett it's much easier to beat Miz than Orton. Only to screw Barrett in the actual match and help Miz win. He's fired but Miz signs him to a personal contract like Riley has so Cena picks the lesser of 2 evils.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling »