Home

TopSpin 2K25 Impressions Thread

This is a discussion on TopSpin 2K25 Impressions Thread within the Tennis forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Tennis
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 05-11-2024, 12:13 AM   #89
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: TopSpin 2K25 Impressions Thread

They gave such little care to the game that they have John McEnroe using a Head racquet and Andy Murray doesn't even have a hat, like c'mon 2K 😭
Old 05-11-2024, 03:21 AM   #90
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by pst98
They gave such little care to the game that they have John McEnroe using a Head racquet and Andy Murray doesn't even have a hat, like c'mon 2K ��
Not sure why Murray doesn’t have a hat, but McEnroe is signed with Head racquets now, hence why he’s using it in game.

https://www.head.com/en_US/athletes/...s/john-mcenroe
Old 05-18-2024, 03:00 AM   #91
MVP

phillyfan23's Arena

OVR: 16

Been playing on very hard level which is hard to start with until you get shot timing. I recommend to turn the meter off compeletely. So you can play tennis instead of playing a timing meter. The meter is intuitive so you dont need it to pull of perfect timing. Just use basic tennis 101, ball at highest point, etc etc.

This also gives variance to the game, because for a period of time u get into a rhythm and hit winners consistently. You lose that rhythm for a bit, you're gonna get broken. Same idea applies for serving.

The game without the meter really shines, there is no crutch, so when the cpu is pressing you and the only way to get out of the jam is to hit a perfect shot, there is an added pressure.

Cpu makes PLENTY of unforced errors, bad approach shots, etc so you feel like a tide can turn at any point. I hope to see similar errors on even highest difficulty levels later.

Cpu ai Players play very differently and you can really notice their strengthd and weaknesses. Mcenroe will volley a lot, and the more you struggle the more he goes to it. Its important to get him out of the volley strategy and go groundstroking since he is weaker there.

Nice chess matches ive had.

Big negative is the roster and lack of player share, especially since the create player is pretty detailed. Would have loved to make some becker/edberg matches with accurate player attributes/styles.

The game is better than top spin 4 for sure. Represents the game of tennis better imo. Very happy with the purchase.

Last edited by phillyfan23; 05-18-2024 at 03:03 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-18-2024, 03:14 AM   #92
MVP

lareka's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyfan23
Been playing on very hard level which is hard to start with until you get shot timing. I recommend to turn the meter off compeletely. So you can play tennis instead of playing a timing meter. The meter is intuitive so you dont need it to pull of perfect timing. Just use basic tennis 101, ball at highest point, etc etc.

This also gives variance to the game, because for a period of time u get into a rhythm and hit winners consistently. You lose that rhythm for a bit, you're gonna get broken. Same idea applies for serving.

The game without the meter really shines, there is no crutch, so when the cpu is pressing you and the only way to get out of the jam is to hit a perfect shot, there is an added pressure.

Cpu makes PLENTY of unforced errors, bad approach shots, etc so you feel like a tide can turn at any point. I hope to see similar errors on even highest difficulty levels later.

Cpu ai Players play very differently and you can really notice their strengthd and weaknesses. Mcenroe will volley a lot, and the more you struggle the more he goes to it. Its important to get him out of the volley strategy and go groundstroking since he is weaker there.

Big negative is the roster and lack of player share, especially since the create player is pretty detailed. Would have loved to make some becker/edberg matches with accurate player attributes/styles.

The game is better than top spin 4 for sure. Represents the game of tennis better imo. Very happy with the purchase.
Great analysis, thank you for the suggestion of turning the meter off. I tried both, i agree with you
Old 05-18-2024, 01:24 PM   #93
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyfan23

I’d also add the best part about turning off the meter is that you learn to hit based on the bounce of the ball and not try to time when to hit it within the meter. Also I find that the press of the button compared to the meter is slightly lagged, so you avoid that completely.
Old 05-18-2024, 11:47 PM   #94
MVP

DarthRambo's Arena

OVR: 20

I'll give this no meter a try next time I play.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

https://www.youtube.com/DarthRambo
Old 05-19-2024, 12:12 AM   #95
MVP

DarthRambo's Arena

OVR: 20

Honestly, the only thing missing from this game is presentation. I want a play by play announce crew. An EA sports PGA tour type of presentation. Which is surprising for 2k because normally, their sports games have top notch presentation.

https://www.youtube.com/DarthRambo
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-19-2024, 10:44 AM   #96
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthRambo
Honestly, the only thing missing from this game is presentation. I want a play by play announce crew. An EA sports PGA tour type of presentation. Which is surprising for 2k because normally, their sports games have top notch presentation.

I personally would turn off announcers since they always annoy me in tennis and don’t talk during points anyway, but it would be a cool option to add. Agree that a bit more could be added to presentation. The player walk outs are cool, but they could add a bit more. Also I did find that when I don’t skip replays on big points that land just in or out on the line, they have the Hawkeye system shown. Would be cool if they added challenges.

The more I play, the more I keep finding some additional things I’d like to see for the next release. But the base game itself is great and career mode is keeping me busy.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Tennis »