Home

Base Running

This is a discussion on Base Running within the Super Mega Baseball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Super Mega Baseball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 07-12-2020, 02:16 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Base Running

Is there a way for your lead baserunner to run home without the other player running to second base causing an out and ruining your score?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-12-2020, 02:27 PM   #2
Banned

Re: Base Running

Yes.

Use the RS to point toward the runner you want to move. Then press down on the D-pad. After doing that, you can point back to first and then send that runner if you think the throw will go through and you can make it.

I use the D-pad for individual runners most of the time. After a hit in the gap, I will use the LB to get everyone moving, then point and take over the lead or trailing runners depending on the situation.
Old 07-12-2020, 11:12 PM   #3
Rookie

Thank you for the helpful explanation, you are truly a gentleman and a scholar.
Old 07-15-2020, 04:30 AM   #4
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayhawkerStL
Yes.

Use the RS to point toward the runner you want to move. Then press down on the D-pad. After doing that, you can point back to first and then send that runner if you think the throw will go through and you can make it.

I use the D-pad for individual runners most of the time. After a hit in the gap, I will use the LB to get everyone moving, then point and take over the lead or trailing runners depending on the situation.
Funny how two people can play the game so differently to accomplish the same thing.

I use the left stick instead of the right stick (didn't know you could use the right stick, since I'm using that to potentially swing even if a pickoff is in motion), and I use the face buttons to send an individual runner instead of the D-pad.

On that note, you can also use L2/left trigger to only advance your lead runner. This is a new feature to SMB 3. Pressing R2/right trigger can retreat your trailing runner as well.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 07-15-2020, 10:38 AM   #5
Banned

Honestly, I’m probably using the LS, but messed up when thinking out how I do it instead of booting the game up. But I’m all-in on the D-pad.

I also never use the RS to swing. I use the buttons for both contact and power swings. I’m surprised at how well the check swing works by just releasing the button before completing your swing.

Despite using the RS to hit in 2K baseball, I cannot get the timing down in SMB3.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2020, 11:06 PM   #6
Banned

This games mechanics are so much better than The Show.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Old 03-28-2021, 08:07 AM   #7
Banned

Thank you for the helpful explanation

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Super Mega Baseball »