Home

Sabo's Custom Playbooks

This is a discussion on Sabo's Custom Playbooks within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 10-13-2018, 06:57 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 4
Sabo's Custom Playbooks

NOTE: MADDEN SHARE LIKES TO RANDOMLY REMOVE THE UPLOADS PLEASE POST HERE IF YOU DON'T SEE THE BOOKS ON THERE

What does this do for the CPU? Simply, it gives them more then same 20 plays to call each game. The game is programmed to call things best on what you select on defense/offense, so if you keep calling same defense/offense and they only have 20 plays to choose from, you get a repeat of the same things. With this setup they have up to 150 plays to choose from depending on the down and distance. Makes the CPU completely unpredictable with their playcalling and you can play the same team three straight times and get a different experience each game. I've yet to find someone actually try these and tell me they didn't notice a completely different game. IMO, this make a BIGGER impact then traits/sliders because it changes the way the CPU thinks in the most important part of football, the play calling!

Oh BTW, they're great for the user as well!

THE METHOD TO THE MADNESS
Spoiler

PLAYBOOK BREAKDOWN
Spoiler

HOW TO SETUP FOR CPU
Spoiler

COMMON Q&A
Spoiler

Last edited by xSABOx; 11-08-2018 at 01:32 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-13-2018, 07:00 PM   #2
Rookie

spmsr2616's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Sabo's Madden 19 CPU Gameplans

Quote:
Originally Posted by xSABOx
After much debate, I've decided to go ahead and create playbooks for this year... I can only take the CPU doing so many Shot plays by the offense and cover 0 blitzes by the defense...

This is in the testing stages so I just uploaded the first book, maybe after a little bit of feedback I'll know how to approach it going forward... The more feedback, the more I'll know how to rate the plays to help balance the run/pass ratio and remove broken plays...

The book is called CPUPB1, and I used the Rams playbook as the base... Looks like this years game limits me to about the same 18 formations with a little under 250 (really 200) without freezing...

The defensive books I'll try to have up soon...
Will the playbooks work for players as well as the CPU

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 10-13-2018, 07:10 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by spmsr2616
Will the playbooks work for players as well as the CPU

I personally call my own plays BUT I believe since all the plays are rated it should work the same... I just don't know how much diversity you'll get relying on Madden's suggestion system... worth a shot
Old 10-13-2018, 07:23 PM   #4
Rookie

spmsr2616's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by xSABOx
I personally call my own plays BUT I believe since all the plays are rated it should work the same... I just don't know how much diversity you'll get relying on Madden's suggestion system... worth a shot
Thanks I'll give it a try

Old 10-14-2018, 09:03 AM   #5
Rookie

greed8819's Arena

OVR: 1

I did the same thing for Xbox, couldn't stand all verts or cover 0 constantly being called by the CPU... it has made the game much more challenging and more unpredictable.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-14-2018, 09:22 AM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by greed8819
I did the same thing for Xbox, couldn't stand all verts or cover 0 constantly being called by the CPU... it has made the game much more challenging and more unpredictable.
Did you happen to upload it on Xbox community?? Very interested in this but playing on Xbox one
Old 10-14-2018, 10:26 AM   #7
Rookie

greed8819's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drykilllogic2488
Did you happen to upload it on Xbox community?? Very interested in this but playing on Xbox one
I could if you like, I have the O playbook done.... still tinkering with the D. The CPU O has a good blend of sets and plays, took out most all verts and added run plays for 3rd and medium / long so watch out for the draws and screens.
Old 10-14-2018, 12:13 PM   #8
Banned

BegBy's Arena

OVR: 3

This is an area I hope they fix next year, or (I know it won't happen) patch this year. Make it so that all we have to do is quite simply assign any playbook to any team in any game mode and they use said book with all suggestions and schemes. No jumping hoops with controllers and profiles.

For all the issues Madden has, something as simple as realistic playbooks is an easy fix and the fact that it hasn't been looked at is disgraceful. There is no universe where on 3rd and 13 play action should be called 50% of the time. Nor should a 4 verts play be in the cpu's offensive scheme for goal line plays. Cpu playcalling is laughable and completely ruins gameplay and could be fixed simply by removing a handful of plays in a handful of situations. No need to have the cpu call a HB screen on 4th and 12 with 3 minutes left.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »