Home

Franchise Relocation

This is a discussion on Franchise Relocation within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 02-08-2019, 04:38 PM   #1
Rookie

reerdo's Arena

OVR: 0
Franchise Relocation

If you relocate a Franchise to a new city can you then relocate back to the original city? If you can does it force the original name or can you take one you got when you originally relocated with you?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-08-2019, 06:39 PM   #2
MVP

Rayzaa's Arena

Re: Franchise Relocation

Quote:
Originally Posted by reerdo
If you relocate a Franchise to a new city can you then relocate back to the original city? If you can does it force the original name or can you take one you got when you originally relocated with you?
No you cant
Old 03-24-2019, 09:20 PM   #3
MVP

Rayzaa's Arena

Question,....I'm moving a team to Houston. How can I move the Texans to someplace else? I know I can be the owner but their stadium isnt rated low enough. Any way to do it? Or do you get the option after the season as a new owner even if the stadium isn't rated low enough?
Or maybe I'll leave it. The team I'm moving will be a NFC team.

Last edited by Rayzaa; 03-24-2019 at 09:32 PM.
Old 03-25-2019, 01:02 AM   #4
Pro

The league settings have a toggle that will allow any user-controlled team, or any team period, to relocate regardless of stadium condition.
Old 03-25-2019, 01:19 AM   #5
MVP

Rayzaa's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tg88forHOF
The league settings have a toggle that will allow any user-controlled team, or any team period, to relocate regardless of stadium condition.
I do have the relocation toggle on and I do believe it is for all but I'll look again. There's only one toggle isn't there? I'll have to check tomorrow.

Last edited by Rayzaa; 03-25-2019 at 01:23 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-25-2019, 07:59 AM   #6
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayzaa
I do have the relocation toggle on and I do believe it is for all but I'll look again. There's only one toggle isn't there? I'll have to check tomorrow.
Yes, just the one. Turning it on for everybody allows the CPU to move any team, but they may or may not actually do it, regardless of their stadium rating.

If it's on, create an owner for the Texans, then go to the stadium tile and choose the relocate option. You have to wait several weeks, though, for the various steps of the process to show up in your To Do list. The last time I did a relocation, I chose the relocation option in week 1 of the preseason, and I wanna say the first step of choosing a new city didn't show up in my to-do list until week 3 or 4 of the regular season...so I didn't actually finish it (picked the uniforms and all) until like week 8.

Or, if your stadium is bad enough, the To Do prompt offering you a move should show up around that same week 3/4 timeframe.

If you get at least as far as picking the city, the AI should finish the rest in following weeks, but I think it hangs up sometimes if you start the relocation, but don't actually stick around for that first step.
Old 03-25-2019, 10:06 AM   #7
MVP

Rayzaa's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tg88forHOF
Yes, just the one. Turning it on for everybody allows the CPU to move any team, but they may or may not actually do it, regardless of their stadium rating.

If it's on, create an owner for the Texans, then go to the stadium tile and choose the relocate option. You have to wait several weeks, though, for the various steps of the process to show up in your To Do list. The last time I did a relocation, I chose the relocation option in week 1 of the preseason, and I wanna say the first step of choosing a new city didn't show up in my to-do list until week 3 or 4 of the regular season...so I didn't actually finish it (picked the uniforms and all) until like week 8.

Or, if your stadium is bad enough, the To Do prompt offering you a move should show up around that same week 3/4 timeframe.

If you get at least as far as picking the city, the AI should finish the rest in following weeks, but I think it hangs up sometimes if you start the relocation, but don't actually stick around for that first step.
Ok thanks. I'll probably have to wait til next season as I'm already at week 3 of the regular season.
Old 03-25-2019, 10:30 AM   #8
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayzaa
In team settings, I think you have to use the option "everyone (can relocate)" or something like that. But If you are already at week 5 and getting ready to relocate, I don't know if you still can do it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »