Home

#Realism Another year, more promises and disappointments

This is a discussion on #Realism Another year, more promises and disappointments within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-23-2017, 08:36 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 0
#Realism Another year, more promises and disappointments

First, let me say NBA 2K18 is full of potential and could have/could be the best 2k of all time.
I thought same thing for 17, but the glaring problems were never addressed and likely won't be this year as well.

Once again this year, and probably more so than ever, there is no reason not to be a sharp shooter or 7'3" max weight center.

In the history of the NBA you'd be hard pressed to find more than 10 7'3" centers that ever amounted to anything. Most are too slow, too unathletic, and too uncoordinated to ever be any good.
But, in NBA 2k, 7'3" has always been OP.

Sharps have been OP since forever as well and just like 7'3" centers there's no reason not to choose that as your archetype.

It seems like 2k spends most of the dev cycle figuring out ways to scam us out of VC and little to no time addressing the same glaring issues that break the game every year.

Example:

I cut my own hair and my hair color is natural. It costs me literally $0 to maintain my look.

In the second picture, the winning team is an elite pro am team, no disrespect intended.
But the shooters all broke NBA records in the same game in half the time of a real NBA game.

"Want to make sure its realistic going forward", huh Ronnie?

You can say it's because they are an elite and were playing a weak team and in fact they were and are. In the comment section of the tweet the other team said they were a team of 70 overalls.

I would say this is another example of poor development.
Elite teams should be paired up with other elite teams not an amateur team full of low overall players.
You don't see Golden State playing high school teams and that's a good reason for the blowout and broken records, but that shouldn't excuse the match making!

2k once again states that user skill matters and it may as long as you pick one of the 2 OP builds.

They (2k) show right on their player builds that height, weight, and arm length all change different things, yet a 7'3" 350 pound post scoring 3 point shooter (the two slowest archetypes) center is just as fast, agile, and athletic as my 6'11" 230lbs athletic defender (the two fastest and most athletic archetypes) PF.

Speaking of defense, it means almost nothing especially when it comes to defending the OP builds.
I can be in perfect defensive position and magically get pushed out of the way because the center decided to take a bad well defended shot.

And speaking of magic.
There's a magic spot in the paint where no matter what you do, you can't defend it against any build.
That spot is also very easy to get to, regardless of defensive positions, because more magic happens and passes lead players into that magic spot.

I could go on and on and on, but this is already so long that I'm sure most won't read until the end.

2k really needs more gameplay testing and a full beta to test and work out these issues before they release the game and charge me full price for a work in progress!

Sent from my 831C using Operation Sports mobile app

Last edited by awg811; 09-23-2017 at 08:42 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2017, 08:47 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: #Realism Another year, more promises and disappointments

Quote:
Originally Posted by awg811
First, let me say NBA 2K18 is full of potential and could have/could be the best 2k of all time.
I thought same thing for 17, but the glaring problems were never addressed and likely won't be this year as well.

Once again this year, and probably more so than ever, there is no reason not to be a sharp shooter or 7'3" max weight center.

In the history of the NBA you'd be hard pressed to find more than 10 7'3" centers that ever amounted to anything. Most are too slow, too unathletic, and too uncoordinated to ever be any good.
But, in NBA 2k, 7'3" has always been OP.

Sharps have been OP since forever as well and just like 7'3" centers there's no reason not to choose that as your archetype.

It seems like 2k spends most of the dev cycle figuring out ways to scam us out of VC and little to no time addressing the same glaring issues that break the game every year.

Example:

I cut my own hair and my hair color is natural. It costs me literally $0 to maintain my look.

In the second picture, the winning team is an elite pro am team, no disrespect intended.
But the shooters all broke NBA records in the same game in half the time of a real NBA game.

"Want to make sure its realistic going forward", huh Ronnie?

You can say it's because they are an elite and were playing a weak team and in fact they were and are. In the comment section of the tweet the other team said they were a team of 70 overalls.

I would say this is another example of poor development.
Elite teams should be paired up with other elite teams not an amateur team full of low overall players.
You don't see Golden State playing high school teams and that's a good reason for the blowout and broken records, but that shouldn't excuse the match making!

2k once again states that user skill matters and it may as long as you pick one of the 2 OP builds.

They (2k) show right on their player builds that height, weight, and arm length all change different things, yet a 7'3" 350 pound post scoring 3 point shooter (the two slowest archetypes) center is just as fast, agile, and athletic as my 6'11" 230lbs athletic defender (the two fastest and most athletic archetypes) PF.

Speaking of defense, it means almost nothing especially when it comes to defending the OP builds.
I can be in perfect defensive position and magically get pushed out of the way because the center decided to take a bad well defended shot.

And speaking of magic.
There's a magic spot in the paint where no matter what you do, you can't defend it against any build.
That spot is also very easy to get to, regardless of defensive positions, because more magic happens and passes lead players into that magic spot.

I could go on and on and on, but this is already so long that I'm sure most won't read until the end.

2k really needs more gameplay testing and a full beta to test and work out these issues before they release the game and charge me full price for a work in progress!

You're mentioning multiplayer, how can you dare to talk about realism ? Realism is single offline player and in that except few problems, it's one of the best Sim games ever. Multiplayer has become the cancer of this game.

Sent from my F5321 using Tapatalk
Old 09-23-2017, 09:03 AM   #3
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelsan
You're mentioning multiplayer, how can you dare to talk about realism ? Realism is single offline player and in that except few problems, it's one of the best Sim games ever. Multiplayer has become the cancer of this game.

Sent from my F5321 using Tapatalk
I get so tired hearing this BS.

First, realism IS NOT single player offline. Basketball is a team sport with 10 human players on the court at all times, with human errors.

Second, single player offline also suffers from these same gameplay issues and more.

I play both online and offline and online when I want more realism.

The simple fact is, no matter what difficultly level or sliders that you use offline, you will never get realistic basketball because there is no human judgement and error.

Finally, this thread is about online gameplay (which is where 2k makes most of its money and is generally speaking to when they talk about their game) if you're not interested don't read it or comment on it. If you play strictly offline you have no commentary to add to an online gameplay thread.

Old 09-23-2017, 09:21 AM   #4
Pro

Quote:
I get so tired hearing this BS.

First, realism IS NOT single player offline. Basketball is a team sport with 10 human players on the court at all times, with human errors.

Second, single player offline also suffers from these same gameplay issues and more.

I play both online and offline and online when I want more realism.

The simple fact is, no matter what difficultly level or sliders that you use offline, you will never get realistic basketball because there is no human judgement and error.

Finally, this thread is about online gameplay (which is where 2k makes most of its money and is generally speaking to when they talk about their game) if you're not interested don't read it or comment on it. If you play strictly offline you have no commentary to add to an online gameplay thread.

After I speak my peace, I'm outta here, but I can't disagree anymore with the bolded. Simply put, I've played and will play dozens more offline games that have plenty of error from the CPU, and I have a great time.

To each his own... Good luck with your online gameplay.
Old 09-23-2017, 09:50 AM   #5
New Ork Giants

Goffs's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevertheles109
After I speak my peace, I'm outta here, but I can't disagree anymore with the bolded. Simply put, I've played and will play dozens more offline games that have plenty of error from the CPU, and I have a great time.

To each his own... Good luck with your online gameplay.
Online guys are a delusional lot...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2017, 09:53 AM   #6
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goffs
Online guys are a delusional lot...
Trolls!

Old 09-23-2017, 10:01 AM   #7
MVP

OVR: 8

Quote:
Trolls!

pot meet kettle
Old 09-23-2017, 10:02 AM   #8

m1ke_nyc's Arena

OVR: 7

Realism is dependent upon the user. Has nothing to do with online or offline. It's how the user plays. Me and a like minded individual can have a realistic experience in an online match just as easy as I can cheese the CPU to death offline.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »