Home

#Realism Another year, more promises and disappointments

This is a discussion on #Realism Another year, more promises and disappointments within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 09-24-2017, 09:44 AM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: #Realism Another year, more promises and disappointments

Quote:
Originally Posted by shayellis
Well this whole thread has been about the online portion. 2k is taking part in eleague so of course they shouldnt have every player be a god. Should they separate online and offline mycareer, yes. But you did confirm my "patch fears theory", that people are sidestepping or making excuses for the games flaw because of patch fears being the underlying foundation. 2k is going to patch this game at some point, or should we just not patch anything so we never risk a possible bug popping up?
E-League is separate. Players will all be 80's or something according to one of the organizers in an interview I saw.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-24-2017, 09:56 AM   #26
Pro

TheDuggler's Arena

Online play will never be realistic because online players (almost) never play realistically. There is nothing 2K can patch or change to affect this. Even if they did find a way to enforce some realistic play, BasketBallGawd69 would post a video on youtube the next day with the latest cheese tactic/build and it would just go back to how it always is.
Old 09-24-2017, 10:46 AM   #27
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDuggler
Online play will never be realistic because online players (almost) never play realistically. There is nothing 2K can patch or change to affect this. Even if they did find a way to enforce some realistic play, BasketBallGawd69 would post a video on youtube the next day with the latest cheese tactic/build and it would just go back to how it always is.
But you're wrong. Sim players constantly beating cheesers will force cheesers to go back to the park where they belong.

And having 2k fix the build flaws, and other major issues such as respecting defensive position, would not or should I say should not affect gameplay.

Having 2k fix flaws to "force realism", as someone said, is all that people that play online can do as opposed to offline players "forcing realism" by adjusting sliders.

Do the vast majority of 12 year olds cry to 2k simply because they aren't skilled, yes. But not all of us are 12 year olds.

It's on 2k to find their games flaws and fix them before they sell the game. And then to figure out who the cheesers and 12 olds are and ignore them. It's not hard to figure out.

Sent from my 831C using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 09-24-2017, 11:00 AM   #28
Banned

realtalk0131's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by awg811
It appears that I need to learn who the people are that just go around trolling threads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by awg811
I'll break this down one last time for all of you trolls that think that because you play strictly offline that you somehow have the final say on what is realistic and what is not.

You yourself have been called a troll in multiple threads so this likely won't register with you.

If you would read, you would know that I am not strictly an online or offline player.
You would also understand that I've likely been playing sports games before you were even born and long before there was even online sports gaming.
I was a sim head before being a sim head was even a thing.

I've spent countless hours trying to find the right balance of sliders to get competitive realistic games on multiple sports games throughout the years.

I finally gave up because no matter what, you will become familiar with what the cpu is restricted by and you will eventually exploit those flaws without even knowing it.

The CPU doesn't have the ability to make human judgement, adjustments, or mistakes. But can be forced into mistakes by what the user does. The user becomes familiar with these issues and either consciously or subconsciously will force those mistakes to happen.

You can say that you know those flaws and adjust for them by intentionally not doing them.
I call BS because when the games on then line you will do whatever is needed to win the game.
And if you do either of those things, intentionally not doing them or not doing whatever you can to win the game, you are in fact, not playing sim basketball.

You are adjusting to fact that it's not sim basketball and either exploiting the flaw or exploiting yourself and the game of basketball by not playing sim basketball.
No basketball team that I've ever heard of would not cause a turnover just because they know they can nearly every time.

For those of you that think that just because someone plays online that they can't be sim players, I've got news for you.
For those of you that think that just because someone plays online that they are a 12 year old cheeser, I've got news for you.
For those of you that think that playing online doesn't require skill, I've got news for you.
For those of you that don't think a group of 5 high IQ sim players would dominate all the 12 year old cheesers in pro am, I've got news for you.
For those for you that think playing real sim basketball, running plays and playing great defense isn't possible online, I've got news for you.

The challenge is finding people that can and do play high IQ sim basketball online!

I challenge all of you "strictly offline" players to play 10 walk on Pro Am games by yourself and see how hard it is to actually play basketball.
And then, if you think that you'd like to try again playing with the few online sim players that I've been able to find, add me on XBL - Tony Two Steps
I'm always looking for good basketball players to run with.
I would love to get a group together that wants to work on plays, start a team, play sim basketball, and dominate the pro am league. Because if you play sim basketball you will!

Then you will see that the problems that I've stated previously are both offline and online problems, but online they are 10 times worse.

Cheesers do ruin the game, but not all online players are "cheesers". Some of us are "sim heads".
And a group of sim heads will beat a group of cheesers nearly 100% of the time!

First of all nobody's trolling here it just annoying that all online people creating different thread with the same complain why??? thats why just have one thread for all your comments about the game exclusively online. if your sick of "offline sim heads coming at you is because maybe they sick of seeing the same thing from online players here" did it even cross your mind.

2nd what you trying to achieve will never be possible and i dont even need to explain that since you are already playin online.

im not here to go back and forth with you since you think you are older than me which means you are smarter and get the point already. but online and realistic will never ever happen. and regarding about offline and being sim yes there are sim heads play the game like how they see their favourite team/players play and dont feel bad if they loose at least for me. Peace again nobody trolling more of just sick of i guess. Peace
Old 09-24-2017, 11:17 AM   #29
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by realtalk0131

First of all nobody's trolling here it just annoying that all online people creating different thread with the same complain why??? thats why just have one thread for all your comments about the game exclusively online. if your sick of "offline sim heads coming at you is because maybe they sick of seeing the same thing from online players here" did it even cross your mind.

2nd what you trying to achieve will never be possible and i dont even need to explain that since you are already playin online.

im not here to go back and forth with you since you think you are older than me which means you are smarter and get the point already. but online and realistic will never ever happen. and regarding about offline and being sim yes there are sim heads play the game like how they see their favourite team/players play and dont feel bad if they loose at least for me. Peace again nobody trolling more of just sick of i guess. Peace
As you said yourself, you've played 1 pro am game. That's not nearly enough to have an informed opinion.

As for the online offline separation, that's on the people that run this forum not for me.

I don't have a problem with online vs offline because, once again, I play both. I read threads that deal with issues for both, because both effect me.

But I don't go from thread to thread telling people how wrong they are and how much more I know than them since I've played 1 pro am game.
If I don't like the thread, I won't read it or comment on it.
Unfortunately you do.

Old 09-24-2017, 11:18 AM   #30
Rookie

Realism is out the window I don't even see the option anymore for simulation sliders anymore... so much for saying put the game on HOF SIM when I face friends or people online. Then to make matters worse 2K has the nerve to make layups and driving to the paint easier?

''I'm Just laughin To the Bank All you do is ''Giggle''
Old 09-24-2017, 11:54 AM   #31
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Online (H2H) and offline player here...

I'm not saying it's a battle that 2k shouldnt fight...

but shooting for realism in a mode where players have supped up ratings and badges on top of that is an uphill battle...

What's the current Pro Am difficulty?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Operation Sports mobile app
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-24-2017, 12:20 PM   #32
Pro

TheDuggler's Arena

I think 2k should go the way of other online games and have classes you can play rather than just letting you use your jacked up/VC boosted offline player.

For example, you could choose from 10 different center archetypes that would all be similarly rated, however they would have different specialities. I think this would allow 2K a lot more control over the gameplay and to keep it as true to sim basketball as possible. As a bonus, this would finally force everyone who claims to be king of the sticks to prove it on a level playing field.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »