Home

Speed With Ball Rating Test (SWB)

This is a discussion on Speed With Ball Rating Test (SWB) within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-19-2016, 11:02 AM   #1
Rookie

CBAT's Arena

OVR: 2
Speed With Ball Rating Test (SWB)

Hypothesis: Is Speed with Ball (SWB) a modifier?

I ran a quick test with a friend in 2KU Freestyle with Russell Westbrook and Steph Curry to see how SWB is implemented.

Test:
I don't have the ratings in front of me, but these are approximate.

Russell Westbrook:
98 Speed
98 SWB

Steph Curry:
83 Speed
97 SWB

We ran these two side by side with the ball and they were about the exact same speed.

We then ran without the ball and Russell Westbrook was noticeably faster, probably about 8-10 feet faster from baseline to baseline.

We then ran Steph with the ball next to Russ without the ball and their speeds were almost identical.

Conclusion: My hypothesis was incorrect. Speed with Ball is measured at the same rate as Speed and there are many players that are faster with the ball than they are when in an all out sprint.

I've never met anyone that was slower in an all out sprint than they were when trying to do something else. This seems preposterous.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-19-2016, 11:09 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Speed With Ball Rating Test (SWB)

Yeah that is completely ridiculous. This needs to be fixed ASAP.

1.) Swap SWB with quickness

2.) Quickness would make dribble moves be performed faster and imitate the "speed" that curry has on his handles.

By no means should this have ever made it into the game. Makes absolutely no sense.

Sent from my LGLS751 using Tapatalk
Old 09-19-2016, 11:13 AM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBAT
Hypothesis: Is Speed with Ball (SWB) a modifier?

I ran a quick test with a friend in 2KU Freestyle with Russell Westbrook and Steph Curry to see how SWB is implemented.

Test:
I don't have the ratings in front of me, but these are approximate.

Russell Westbrook:
98 Speed
98 SWB

Steph Curry:
83 Speed
97 SWB

We ran these two side by side with the ball and they were about the exact same speed.

We then ran without the ball and Russell Westbrook was noticeably faster, probably about 8-10 feet faster from baseline to baseline.

We then ran Steph with the ball next to Russ without the ball and their speeds were almost identical.

Conclusion: My hypothesis was incorrect. Speed with Ball is measured at the same rate as Speed and there are many players that are faster with the ball than they are when in an all out sprint.

I've never met anyone that was slower in an all out sprint than they were when trying to do something else. This seems preposterous.
Thanks for testing this out. So that means that the slasher Archetype kind of got screwed. Kind of stupid since the greatest slasher of all time is named "The Flash"

Sent from my LGLS751 using Tapatalk
Old 09-19-2016, 11:20 AM   #4
Rookie

Wow... 2K... ...? Bruh...

Speed with ball is so frustrating, im so slow as a slasher fml.
Old 09-19-2016, 11:24 AM   #5
Rookie

CBAT's Arena

OVR: 2

Feel free to test this out and see if you interpret different results. I really hope you do...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-19-2016, 11:25 AM   #6
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBAT

Yeah, I noticed that Isaiah Thomas has 87 speed and 94 speed with the ball. So, I guess he can only run that fast when he has the ball in his hands

It seems a little weird, but maybe there a reason behind it?

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Old 09-19-2016, 11:31 AM   #7
Rookie

Sometimes I wonder if they even know real basketball physics in SOME cases? With the 7.3 center and their incredible reb reach and reaction to a human being able to gain MORE speed when they are dribbling a ball. Nah, 2k take note of this and try to correct this. Still a very good game though. Playing mycareer is a blast
Old 09-19-2016, 11:32 AM   #8
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10

So what way would you fix this issue? Maybe decreasing everybody's SWB across the board so that there is a noticeable gap between Speed and SWB. No way should someone be faster with the ball than without.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »