Home

Never played EA MMA on ps3, but Submissions do look awsome

This is a discussion on Never played EA MMA on ps3, but Submissions do look awsome within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 07-19-2016, 12:10 AM   #1
MVP

manliest_Man's Arena

OVR: 0
Never played EA MMA on ps3, but Submissions do look awsome

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uqZgexRCqU8

The X-Ray effect and the choke making everything go dark, are some pretty cool effects.

I'd like to see them in EA UFC 3 and it would be perfect if we could break an opponent's limb with a submission and have the xray effect show the bones breaking like the Sniper Elite games.

It would be awsome to even have some standing KO's where in rare occasions the opponent gets some sort of broken limb/bones injuries and an X-Ray effect shows.

I mean you already have that Grapple Assist Hud, some cool effects like that wouldn't be bad in my opinion.

That said, one thing i've noticed with EA MMA and UFC 3 Undisputed(the only simulator fighting game i played on the last gen consoles) is that they were both so fluid and nothing felt turn based.

Why is this the case with EA UFC, especially with EA UFC 2? What's holding the Devs back from getting this fluidity thing right? Why doesn't the game feel like a non-stop action and it suffers from many glitchy unresponsive momments?

Are those issues to be adressed on EA UFC 3? Or will you simply adress the biggest issue which is stand-up and make us wait and pay for EA UFC 4 to get feutures like that fixxed?

P.S. Funny thing i found out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5N9dlcQWJs

Flying submission were in EA MMA, but not in EA UFC 1, they were a "new" feuture for EA UFC 2. (Exact same animation)

Edit 2: https://youtu.be/C5N9dlcQWJs?t=5m49s Throwing punches from your back

Knees from Sprawl to the shoulder: https://youtu.be/C5N9dlcQWJs?t=4m40s

Instant fluid ground and pound: https://youtu.be/C5N9dlcQWJs?t=6m46s

Why are things like that missin from EA UFC 1 & 2 that their oldest game had? I am genuinly curious on why that is the case?

Last edited by manliest_Man; 07-19-2016 at 12:19 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2016, 12:32 AM   #2
MVP

TheGentlemanGhost's Arena

Re: Never played EA MMA on ps3, but Submissions do look awsome

The chokes had the best feel to them. You actually had to feel your way to or out the submission. It could really test your will sometimes when you get caught in a long submission battle lol. I loved it. A lot of people didn't like the limb submissions b/c they felt it was just button mashing be it didn't work that way to me. You had to pace yourself and time when to be aggression and when to relax with the button pressing. But I loved the old way, especially for chokes.

STAMINA REALLY MATTERED TOO! lol This video really explains the old EA MMA sub system well too. I think it really should've been implemented in these UFC games.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JxnlUac3l4Y

I did enjoy the analog stick striking as well and I think it would also make it easier for more moves to be implemented. So you don't certain fighters with a Superman Punch and no Overhand.

You can also see in that video showing strikes while having your back mounted, that the fighter on top didn't just end the fight with only 3 or 4 shots in that position. I really don't understand why they made those mounted strikes SO OP in this game.

Last edited by TheGentlemanGhost; 07-19-2016 at 12:41 AM.
Old 07-19-2016, 12:53 AM   #3
MVP

manliest_Man's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGentlemanGhost
The chokes had the best feel to them. You actually had to feel your way to or out the submission. It could really test your will sometimes when you get caught in a long submission battle lol. I loved it. A lot of people didn't like the limb submissions b/c they felt it was just button mashing be it didn't work that way to me. You had to pace yourself and time when to be aggression and when to relax with the button pressing. But I loved the old way, especially for chokes.

STAMINA REALLY MATTERED TOO! lol This video really explains the old EA MMA sub system well too. I think it really should've been implemented in these UFC games.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JxnlUac3l4Y

I did enjoy the analog stick striking as well and I think it would also make it easier for more moves to be implemented. So you don't certain fighters with a Superman Punch and no Overhand.

You can also see in that video showing strikes while having your back mounted, that the fighter on top didn't just end the fight with only 3 or 4 shots in that position. I really don't understand why they made those mounted strikes SO OP in this game.
I mean the current one feels too ****** and too repetitive and you don't actually get to enjoy the submission, with the current mini-game being the same for joint and choke submissions. I am not suprised they don't make submissions more complex.. I swear i've seen hundreds of comments about people complaining that the current submission system is too difficult and people actually were unable to figure it out even with an EA sports youtube tutorial video..

The way the camera zoomed to the face and all of that, it was too good. It still sort of does it in EA UFC 1-2 but nothing that makes them feel that way, EA MMA does.

They should also add the option to allow people to tap in submissions or get chocked out/ their limbs broken.

If they realise that they are in bad shape and not gonna pull through the submission they can go ahead and click a button 3 times to tap out instead of waiting 20-30 seconds for the submission to end, if they don't tap, they get their hand dislocated or they going to sleep.

I am seriously bothered at the state AAA gaming is heading at. I understand that the devs are not that many, the ones working on this game at least, but the fact that EA has the monopoly in the UFC liscence and they are taking full advantage of it, seeing that they don't have any competition, it allows them to plain out slack in their games and you can see little things that could improve the game so much more, are simply ignored and not put in the game, in order to meet some deadline and set some new statistic goals of "less work/assets used - more profit."

It's just a sad era for gaming in 2016. We have advanced real-time graphics so much, but we can't get a proper game, because companies consider every single one of their consumers to have an IQ lower than a coconut and they treat their games like that.

It's just sad knowing that you get a game like EA UFC 2, where the devs want to support it with updates and improve on it and add new stuff, but the game is at such a poor state that none of that stuff makes a noticable difference.

Last edited by manliest_Man; 07-19-2016 at 12:58 AM.
Old 07-19-2016, 03:48 AM   #4
Pro

TreJayMMA's Arena

Yeah. They should make it if you are getting your legs chopped by lets say jose aldo, they eould zoom in and show their shin cracked or completely broken, and if its cracked the fighter would still try to fight but would have a major game changing limp. Or if you keep hitting somone with either left or right hooks through their guard and your arms are red, tje camera would zoom in and show one of your hands are broken. You would still be able to fight ala Urijah Faber, but if you keel punching with the damaged hand it would render thay whole hand useless leaving just the other hand leg kicks and elbows.
Old 07-19-2016, 06:51 AM   #5
Rookie

GnP looks better in that old game than in this one..
sub minigame in this one, I don't like it
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2016, 09:36 AM   #6
MVP

Boiler569's Arena

EA MMA had some great features

I won't say it was a better game than UFC 2 --- I think they're about the same, in different ways --- but since it came out half a decade earlier, it wins by default in my heart

I hated the button mashing joint submissions in that game....but the choke game was fun for sure! (there were two different mini games for different sub attempts)

As noted earlier, some really long and fun/strategic submission battles in that game. Not so much in UFC 2...although the UFC 2 sub mini-game isn't bad really (and definitely better than the button mashing joint minigame in EA)

definitely hope we get transition based subs in UFC 3 lol knock on wood --
FNR4 Gamestop Vegas Tournament Qualifier
Ranked #1 (EA MMA)

UFC 3 LEC: 2x Diamond; 6x Plat.
@Boiler569 on Twitter & Twitch

Last edited by Boiler569; 07-19-2016 at 09:39 AM.
Old 07-19-2016, 09:55 AM   #7
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by manliest_Man
P.S. Funny thing i found out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5N9dlcQWJs

Flying submission were in EA MMA, but not in EA UFC 1, they were a "new" feuture for EA UFC 2. (Exact same animation)
Yeah, I knew already it. I think, devs take up many animations from EA MMA. but I don't understand Why not damage system of EA MMA? It's the best part in EA MMA.

Last edited by tissues250; 07-19-2016 at 11:27 AM.
Old 07-19-2016, 01:30 PM   #8
Handling it

fishingtime's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by manliest_Man

The X-Ray effect and the choke making everything go dark, are some pretty cool effects.
Actually one of the reasons I passed on EA MMA. Looked too arcade. Plus, I had no friggin' clue what to do. Didn't even want to learn after seeing the bone. These games are supposed to be about immersion. That took it right out the window.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »