Home

J-Kits: NCAA Football Sliders - OFFICIAL 2016/17' season update

This is a discussion on J-Kits: NCAA Football Sliders - OFFICIAL 2016/17' season update within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 05-29-2016, 12:54 AM   #1
Pro

jkits's Arena

OVR: 3
J-Kits: NCAA Football Sliders - OFFICIAL 2016/17' season update

*Editor's Note*
First, I want to thank everyone who tried out this slider set for the 2015/16 season. You guys helped make this a success, and helped improve the set for the NCAA community. Thanks for all your box scores, complaints, and joys!! And yes, its back for the 2016/17 season!

__________________________________________________ _________________________________________________

What’s up Operation Sports family! To all my NCAA Football enthusiasts, welcome to this slider thread!! This is a fresh, true simulation of challenging, re-playable, and an overall fun experience for the skilled vet/enthusiast of NCAA FB for the 2016/2017 season... These are Heisman only sliders.

__________________________________________________ _________________________________________________

Listed Below:

1) Introduction
2) GAME SLIDER SET
3) Sliders explanation (in depth)
4) GAME RULES/Penalties (brief explanation)
5) Gameplay Options
6) Auto Subs (optional)
7) Final thoughts
8) Box scores
9) Gameplay Videos **NEW**
10) Custom Stadium Sounds (immersive...)

Lets get to it...

1) Introduction:

Spoiler

2) GAME SLIDERS:
(HEISMAN only)

Spoiler

3) Sliders:
(In-Depth Explanation)

Spoiler

4) GAME RULES/Penalties:
(settings, brief explanations)

(**Updated 5/29/16**)

Spoiler

5) Gameplay Options:

***UPDATE***
Must Read

Shoutout to jbrew2411 for his introspective take on turning FATIGUE OFF. The biggest going issue w/ these sliders last year was that the cpu would start off HOT in the first half, and then somewhat run out of gas in the second, allowing you to take advantage. I say, If you don't mind not having auto subs, turning fatigue OFF will result in the cpu giving you 4 full quarters of mayhem. Here's his jbrew2411 link below for a more in depth read on this matter:

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...er-thread.html

Spoiler

6) AUTO-SUB SLIDERS:
(optional...)

Spoiler

7) Final Thoughts:

Spoiler

8) Box Scores:

Spoiler

9) Gameplay Videos: **NEW**

Spoiler

10) Custom Stadium Sounds (191 Total HQ Sounds):

(B/c many people aren't on the custom sounds thread much, I decided to put them on my sliders's thread. I made these custom sounds as well, to help bring another layer to the game...

Spoiler

Its been real!

Kits

Last edited by jkits; 06-21-2017 at 08:01 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-29-2016, 12:58 AM   #2
Pro

jkits's Arena

Re: J-Kits: NCAA Football Sliders - OFFICIAL 2016/17' season update

Hey Guys,

I wanted to refresh the thread w/ new updates, and a clean slate for the 2016/17' season! I kept the "if it aint broke, don't fix it" approach to this year to focus more on the little things, such as penalties, pass coverage, game momentum, and other small things. Check out the thread above to see the current changes (which are few for now), and know that as the build up to the season progresses, more will be added. As always, will need your help!

Thanks, KITS

Last edited by jkits; 06-04-2016 at 11:31 PM.
Old 05-29-2016, 07:06 PM   #3
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

I saw your statement about being unsure on the holding slider. As an FYI...the higher you go, the fewer holding animations occur. A setting of 80 is the 'break point' where you see less 'sticky' blocking and more of a fluid line interaction. It should play well with your false start and offsides settings.
Old 05-29-2016, 08:32 PM   #4
Pro

jkits's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
I saw your statement about being unsure on the holding slider. As an FYI...the higher you go, the fewer holding animations occur. A setting of 80 is the 'break point' where you see less 'sticky' blocking and more of a fluid line interaction. It should play well with your false start and offsides settings.
Thanks Josh! will give it a try. If all goes well, i'll make that change courtesy of you.
Old 05-30-2016, 07:04 PM   #5
Rookie

KRAKENWAGON's Arena

OVR: 0

Really like this slider set, much more realistic and also very challenging. The only issue is the pitch relationship for under center triple option offenses.

The User RB ability being so low, they don't a good enough initial burst of speed to be able to catch the pitch. The will actually be running about 5 yards directly QB and not 5 yards outside and 1 yard behind like usual.

So to any other option guys out there, be wary of this and change the user RB ability to say 35-45 if needed.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-30-2016, 10:50 PM   #6
Pro

jkits's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRAKENWAGON
Really like this slider set, much more realistic and also very challenging. The only issue is the pitch relationship for under center triple option offenses.

The User RB ability being so low, they don't a good enough initial burst of speed to be able to catch the pitch. The will actually be running about 5 yards directly QB and not 5 yards outside and 1 yard behind like usual.

So to any other option guys out there, be wary of this and change the user RB ability to say 35-45 if needed.
Great observation KRAKENWAGON..Im gonna test that out myself to see the best RB ability setting. Thanks!!

Last edited by jkits; 06-03-2016 at 10:22 AM.
Old 06-04-2016, 07:23 PM   #7
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Hey jkits....

I've been perusing through your set a bit and fundamentally like what you have done here (I like my own set well, but have been looking to amp things up a bit from a challenge perspective). I would like to offer a thought here for you from a theoretical perspective. You ever notice that even really good DBs stop in the middle of their coverage (especially on cuts and so on)? Well, it has a nasty tendency of making some of the routes a little unstoppable.

Well, Matt10 did some research and found that DPI is the culprit. What he discovered (and I independently verified) was that if you set DPI at 50, the DBs are much more fluid in their coverage (and still attack the balls). To offset that, set OPI at 51, otherwise it will give WRs too much of an advantage. Alternatively, you can try OPI at 50, but at least with my set, I noticed DBs 'running routes" ahead of the WRs (most noticeable on crossing routes)....you'll likely see it too given that the facemask slider is at 54 on your set (and that too affects the tightness of coverage).

Just throwing it out there, I see you adapted my suggestion on the holding slider

One other note: the KRI slider affects the defensive reaction. The higher it is, the more reactive they become. So, if you see defenders maybe unrealistically reacting to plays, that could be a culprit. But, this slider is relative to virtually every other slider setting, so, it is individual to a slider setup. Just saw it was another slider you weren't sure about.

Hope you don't mind me chiming-in. I love chatting about this game and the sliders and I love that there is someone else still active that shows a passion for things.

Take care!
Old 06-04-2016, 11:24 PM   #8
Pro

jkits's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
Hey jkits....

I've been perusing through your set a bit and fundamentally like what you have done here (I like my own set well, but have been looking to amp things up a bit from a challenge perspective). I would like to offer a thought here for you from a theoretical perspective. You ever notice that even really good DBs stop in the middle of their coverage (especially on cuts and so on)? Well, it has a nasty tendency of making some of the routes a little unstoppable.

Well, Matt10 did some research and found that DPI is the culprit. What he discovered (and I independently verified) was that if you set DPI at 50, the DBs are much more fluid in their coverage (and still attack the balls). To offset that, set OPI at 51, otherwise it will give WRs too much of an advantage. Alternatively, you can try OPI at 50, but at least with my set, I noticed DBs 'running routes" ahead of the WRs (most noticeable on crossing routes)....you'll likely see it too given that the facemask slider is at 54 on your set (and that too affects the tightness of coverage).

Just throwing it out there, I see you adapted my suggestion on the holding slider

One other note: the KRI slider affects the defensive reaction. The higher it is, the more reactive they become. So, if you see defenders maybe unrealistically reacting to plays, that could be a culprit. But, this slider is relative to virtually every other slider setting, so, it is individual to a slider setup. Just saw it was another slider you weren't sure about.

Hope you don't mind me chiming-in. I love chatting about this game and the sliders and I love that there is someone else still active that shows a passion for things.

Take care!
JoshC wsup bro,

Definitely don't mind you chiming in, as this is what this year's Slider set is all about! Really bringing in the community to help shape it up even tighter. I think the points you made here are some great starting points to this year's goal of improvement. Pass coverage is always great area to see improve.

I myself noticed that with the OPI set high, the CPU's receivers make aggressive attempts toward the ball, diving catches and jump balls have been prime. Which I like. To balanced that out, i thought that by setting the DPI around the same, the CPU defensive backs would attack the ball aggressively. But that isn't always the case. What you will see, like you mentioned, are even the really good DB's still blowing coverages by stopping mid way sometimes. I will always take great consistent coverage from the CPU DB's, over them trying to aggressively pick the ball off but still blowing coverage. I'll also round it off by testing an adjusted facemask setting as well. This will be pretty dope to test out, so i will give my updates on this.

As far as the KRI setting, I'll play around with this again in 10 point increments to get a feel. With my defensive rush setting, I like the CPU's defensive rush. I would love to see how it plays with the coverage w/o compensating the rush D. Anyway thanks again bro, & likewise to keeping this gem of a game alive!!

Kits

Last edited by jkits; 06-04-2016 at 11:30 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »