Home

J-Kits: NCAA Football Sliders - OFFICIAL 2016/17' season update

This is a discussion on J-Kits: NCAA Football Sliders - OFFICIAL 2016/17' season update within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 06-24-2016, 01:07 AM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: J-Kits: NCAA Football Sliders - OFFICIAL 2016/17' season update

These are a superb set of sliders. But I run a flexbone offense so I had to bump the RB ability to 20 because when I pitch the ball it is like my backs ae stuck in quick sand.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-24-2016, 09:15 AM   #26
Pro

jkits's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanYouRead
These are a superb set of sliders. But I run a flexbone offense so I had to bump the RB ability to 20 because when I pitch the ball it is like my backs ae stuck in quick sand.
Definitely know what u mean, I'm currently making changes to the sliders from the dynasty editor...will post updates soon. Thanks!
Old 07-06-2016, 08:49 AM   #27
Pro

Balrog's Arena

OVR: 14

Can anybody help me with stopping the pass. I lowered the cpu catching by 5. I am getting blitzed through the air every game. I am giving up about 500 passing yards a game. I gave up 425 against Umass...
Old 07-14-2016, 09:56 PM   #28
Just started!

Giving these sliders a test right now. Season 1 of a new offline dynasty using the updated rosters. So far so good. Like them a lot
Old 07-17-2016, 10:17 PM   #29
Rookie

OVR: 2

Fairly new to Operation Sports and adjusting the sliders in general. I tried out this slider set, and the first game came with realistic gameplay/results. However in the second game, my QB was EXTREMELY inaccurate, throwing passes 10-15 yards in front/behind receivers, often resulting in interceptions. Has this happened to anyone, or what would be the reason the sliders work great one game but appear to be broken the next?

-Vince Lombardi
Old 07-18-2016, 08:13 PM   #30
Rookie

TNBassMan10's Arena

I must say, I've enjoyed these sliders so far in 2 test games.

(I have had RBA for HUM @ 30. I can't stand the slow pace of the start. It does add challenge which I'm for but its unbelievable. I've also had Stamina ON).

First game:
Back & forth game the whole time. I was Kentucky @ Vandy.

I lost 34-28. I had the ball 3rd & GL from the 2 yard line with :08 left and a timeout. I got stuffed twice. Ball game. AMAZING game. However, I thought the INTs were a little ridiculous but that happens. I lost, which is awesome cause I NEVER LOSE TO CPU.

Second game:
I was Tennessee at home against hated Florida.
17-7 at half. 34-14 win at the end.
The game started slow (7-3 at end of 1st) but picked up momentum. They couldn't stop Josh Dobbs running or passing. Jalen Hurd had 17 carries for 101 yards.

i'd give more stats but I don't have time right now. Both games featured YPC averages of 4.5-7.5 for me and 5.0 or less for CPU. I'm good against the run though. I thought they were great. Maybe a tweak or two to the passing game but overall great great great set.
Old 07-24-2016, 11:26 PM   #31
Rookie

djkleins's Arena

Been using these sliders (well the 2015/2016 ones) in a online dynasty and everyone has some trouble adjusting... my defense is always terrible but at least the games are competitive no matter who you play.

I seem to have harder times vs terrible teams but then step up against much higher ranked teams but that's probably the coaches fault. ha

Anyway, glad you are updating them and I'll continue to use them... I am curious if you are testing with a specific roster tho? Depending on which one it is that can definitely impact the results. Thanks again!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2016, 03:46 AM   #32
Rookie

CoachModer's Arena

How do these sliders work for coach mode, where you don't control the players other than kicking? I take it these are for controlling the players which I may eventually go to. But for years since the 1998 disk I have let the CPU run the play (coach mode), because I would rather the play on the field be determined by the player skill on the field not me.

I am going to place this in a blog, but since we are on the subject:

NCAA 2001 was one of the best NCAA football out during that time, currently rated as an 8.3 out of 10 by IGN and one I still consider the best and play. First off, yes, I know the graphics were just coming of age and style of play. However it had the following;

• Momentum meter - went up and down based on first downs and key plays, long runs/passes, sacks, etc. Turnovers took the momentum from you to your opponent (and vice versa) if you had the momentum. Great feature.
  • 24 Team playoff with bowl games named for each bracket. First 8 team had a bye. Best playoff system to date under an excellent playoff system.
  • There were no sliders to chase. You have Freshman, Varsity, All-American, and Heisman. I played coach mode on Varsity vs. Varsity and it was challenging to say the least, if you went higher you go destroyed. Where now with the games you have to lower to slider to almost 0 to get a good game on Heisman and it still appears easy - Great graphics though, but terrible game play for a serious gamer, unless you like the arcade style and just rack up points which most people don't. EA just cannot get it right and the same goes for Madden now since NCAA is no longer made.
I would say if you don't own a copy, pick one up and give it a shot. If you can get past the early 2000 graphics which were 32 bit, you will not be disappointed. I have played countless number of dynasty seasons and only one I believe without looking 1 or 2 titles over 15 seasons or so. When NCAA was still being made wrote the EA Sports and tried to offer suggestions and tips and sent them my findings and stats. It was funny when I wrote them in concerning naming the playoff brackets as bowl games and some others, that it was funny that in the 2001 game the brackets were named. Not saying they took my advice or even read my letter at the time, but it was interesting and sort of rewarding to see that feature added.

I will pull some stats and add them to my Blog.

Thanks for listening,

Coach

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »