Home

Player attribute efficacy analysis (sim)

This is a discussion on Player attribute efficacy analysis (sim) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-22-2015, 06:22 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Player attribute efficacy analysis (sim)

I decided to chart which player attributes are the most effective at producing results during simulated games.

For the experiment, I took 1 team and I manually edited each player's attributes to be an 80 out of 99 using a 4-3 defense.

The specific attribute being tested was then raised to 99 and a full season was simulated with those attributes in place.

The player's teammates also had each attribute set at 80. I did not do each position but you should get the idea.

Keep in mind this was for simulated games only. Attributes in live games may have varying effects.

Here's the link to the full results: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

If you're just interested in a cliffnotes version, the most important attributes were these:

QB: Deep Throwing Accuracy, Awareness
RB: Elusiveness, Ball Carrier Vision (Stiff Arm, Juke and Spin are useless)
WR: Route Running, Ball Carrier Vision
OL: Strength (for pancake blocks), Pass Blocking (for sacks allowed) (Note: run blocking did nothing to improve RB stats and Run/Pass Strength and Footwork are useless)
TE: (did not test TE's, but I imagine it's the same as WR)
DT: Power Moves (for sacks), Strength (for TFL), Speed (for tackles)
DE: (did not test, probably similar to DT)
MLB: Tackling (for tackles), Man/Zone Coverage (for INT's), Play Rec a good balance
CB: Play Recognition resulted in by far the most INT's and deflections, Press resulted in least amount of catches allowed
S (did not do safeties, you can probably combine the results of MLB and CB)
Did not test special teams

Also of note was that Hit Power did nothing to increase the number of forced fumbles. Enjoy the results, use them to dominate your simmed franchise league.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2015, 06:27 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: Player attribute efficacy analysis (sim)

Very interesting, I wonder how much of this is due to sample size.
Old 09-22-2015, 06:29 PM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by slipknottin
I wonder how much of this is related to sample size.
I did a full season with each attribute. I figure that's a big enough sample size. Maybe not for interceptions or rushing TD's since those can be kind of fluky, but with Play Recoginition at 99 a CB got 7 INT's whereas the most he got with any other attribute maxed was 4 INT's. I bet a CB with really high Play Recognition and decent speed, acceleration and press (instead of 80's) would really kill it.
Old 09-22-2015, 06:33 PM   #4
Rookie

This is great, I've always wondered what ATTS. actually contribute to better play by a player in a sim. I find it much more difficult to build a contender because of the XP limitations this year so it's nice to see which stats to actually spend my time building.
Old 09-22-2015, 06:38 PM   #5
Rookie

I was shocked that the run blocking attribute did absolutely nothing to improve your team's running game. I guess it's entirely up to the RB. Might as well invest all of your OL's points into strength and pass blocking.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2015, 07:38 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 4

Good work man. I would think that Finesse moves for DE's would have a similar effect that power moves did for DT's as it relates to sacks.

-Jim Valvano
Old 09-22-2015, 07:58 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrt3177
Good work man. I would think that Finesse moves for DE's would have a similar effect that power moves did for DT's as it relates to sacks.
I suppose I could've tested that. Perhaps I will still.
Old 09-24-2015, 10:30 PM   #8
Rookie

i like the results but im iffy about the sample size. maby doing ths 3 seaons or even replaying the same season again. how much of a differance would we see in these #s. as ive simmed a saints franchise twice from year one just to do the draft inj off and got differnt results both times. so im just curious to if the gap would be huge or still close. but im defintly glad to see the work you have put into this.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »