Home

NBA 2K16....which version should i get??

This is a discussion on NBA 2K16....which version should i get?? within the NBA 2K PC Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K PC Forum
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 09-03-2015, 07:41 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 4
NBA 2K16....which version should i get??

hi guys. i have always had nba 2k on the xbox, but now i have a brand spanking new PC and a PS4. i have always liked the rosters available by the xbox guys like the sim world team and the trifecta guys. Is there good roster support on the pc end??

do 2k support the game well post release??

is gameplay the same???

does it have a good online community?? (not as important as always been a franchise guy)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2015, 08:52 AM   #2
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

OVR: 38
Re: NBA 2K16....which version should i get??

- There are some great roster makers on PC, though you'll definitely have less options than on consoles.

- Last year, the PC was supported well post release

- Game play is the same, yes (the only difference may be stability/FPS, depending on your hardware).

- I don't play online, but from what I understand the PC online community isn't very good. Beyond being less robust than consoles, there are also apparently more cheaters (due to tools such as trainers and Cheat Engine). Typically, consoles have been the preferred platform for online play.

Personally, even without the more robust mod support from pre-2K15, PC offers me the best offline experience since I can still get small visual improvements via the (currently) limited modding. Plus, I can do things like use sliders in MyCareer, etc. If modding ever opens back up, PC will be, without question, the best platform for offline players.

As it is now though, the differences are so small that if you have a preferred console, it may be the better option.
Old 09-03-2015, 12:38 PM   #3
MVP

jayman504's Arena

OVR: 5

So is it true that the PC version doesn't have a Pre-Order bonus? as in the game is only downloadable on the 29th no early release?
Old 09-03-2015, 01:19 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoxFan01605
- There are some great roster makers on PC, though you'll definitely have less options than on consoles.

- Last year, the PC was supported well post release

- Game play is the same, yes (the only difference may be stability/FPS, depending on your hardware).

- I don't play online, but from what I understand the PC online community isn't very good. Beyond being less robust than consoles, there are also apparently more cheaters (due to tools such as trainers and Cheat Engine). Typically, consoles have been the preferred platform for online play.

Personally, even without the more robust mod support from pre-2K15, PC offers me the best offline experience since I can still get small visual improvements via the (currently) limited modding. Plus, I can do things like use sliders in MyCareer, etc. If modding ever opens back up, PC will be, without question, the best platform for offline players.

As it is now though, the differences are so small that if you have a preferred console, it may be the better option.
thanks ... i'm not quite sure what to do. from what i gather the best rosters are on the x1 but i barely use that now, i prefer the ps4 (bought it for mlb).
Old 09-03-2015, 01:36 PM   #5
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayman504
So is it true that the PC version doesn't have a Pre-Order bonus? as in the game is only downloadable on the 29th no early release?
Nope. It's available for preorder with bonuses and early release.

Right now, the best deal I've seen to this point is at greenmangaming.com. Use voucher code SAVE23-WITHGM-GSEP15 to get 23% off.

Last edited by SoxFan01605; 09-03-2015 at 01:38 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2015, 02:26 PM   #6
MVP

jayman504's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoxFan01605
Nope. It's available for preorder with bonuses and early release.

Right now, the best deal I've seen to this point is at greenmangaming.com. Use voucher code SAVE23-WITHGM-GSEP15 to get 23% off.
Thanks bro...*High 5*
Old 09-03-2015, 02:43 PM   #7
All Star

poster's Arena

OVR: 23

CD Keys has it for 30 and change

http://www.cdkeys.com/pc/games/nba-2k16-pc-cd-key-steam

I've used them before and have never had any issues getting my steam or origin keys.

Kind of torn myself on which version to get. Usually PC all the way, but the lack of modding and some of the great work by OS'ers on playbooks, etc on the console side have me wondering...
Old 09-04-2015, 01:43 PM   #8
Pro

Vroman's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by poster
CD Keys has it for 30 and change

http://www.cdkeys.com/pc/games/nba-2k16-pc-cd-key-steam

I've used them before and have never had any issues getting my steam or origin keys.

Kind of torn myself on which version to get. Usually PC all the way, but the lack of modding and some of the great work by OS'ers on playbooks, etc on the console side have me wondering...
I don't know, there are some art mods released in nba 2k15 also sweetFX/higher resolutions available. Also there is great roster creator named Albys who releases rosters with updated playbooks, tendencies, sig moves etc. I'm fan of his works, the roster updates used to be must have on previous nba 2k's where i played offline only.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K PC Forum »