Home

Why do people love Madden 12 so much?

This is a discussion on Why do people love Madden 12 so much? within the Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 12-23-2014, 02:21 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 6
Why do people love Madden 12 so much?

Besides xanthol's editor working best with Madden 12 (can edit franchise mode/coaches), what is so great about the game? It seems its positives/pros far outweigh its negatives/cons (don't know them). This game is to us xbox users what madden 08 is to PC Users. Surprised by all this love for Madden 12. Why does everyone keep wanting to play this version of Madden?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-23-2014, 03:48 PM   #2
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Why do people love Madden 12 so much?

It was the last iteration to feature the old franchise mode and not the connected franchise...there is a lot more in-season editability (particularly if you run a 32 team franchise).
Old 12-23-2014, 05:39 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 6

noticed madden 12 has "stadium editor"

For retro/classic rosters, is it possible to assign NFL teams these venues through editors like Xanthol's or other editors?

It be nice to give the Cardinals an outdoor stadium, have the 91 falcons play outdoors, put the 99 seahawks in a dome, and put the 1990 eagles in a cookie cutter style stadium

Last edited by steelblutarheel; 12-23-2014 at 05:42 PM.
Old 12-26-2014, 07:55 AM   #4
Banned

Steel4Reel's Arena

OVR: 0

If you are a single player....meaning you mostly play against the CPU, Madden 12 is the only way to go.

M25 and 15 might be better against other human opponents, but its no contest when it comes to human vs CPU. In Madden 25, ratings mean next to nothing when playing against CPU, which in turn makes draft/FA/team building worthless and unnecessary, thus completely defeating the intended purpose of franchise mode/connected careers.

Madden 12 has its flaws, like any Madden, but while there are some elements of Madden 25 that are better, its just too frustrating in franchise mode.

32 team control with fully editable ratings in seasons (to counter the awful progression/regression system) is where its at FOR ME. Only way I can even remotely enjoy this series for longer than a few games.
Old 12-28-2014, 08:26 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelblutarheel
Besides xanthol's editor working best with Madden 12 (can edit franchise mode/coaches), what is so great about the game? It seems its positives/pros far outweigh its negatives/cons (don't know them). This game is to us xbox users what madden 08 is to PC Users. Surprised by all this love for Madden 12. Why does everyone keep wanting to play this version of Madden?
It's the last Madden that EA stopped messing up the Franchise mode. I simply stopped buying anything newer. I rented Madden 25 it isn't the same.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-31-2014, 12:39 AM   #6
Rookie

I have M-12 on PS2 Good Game!
Old 12-31-2014, 03:53 AM   #7
MVP

OVR: 3

Franchise mode works fine for me in M25?
Old 12-31-2014, 11:06 PM   #8
Rookie

xCAGEx's Arena

OVR: 2

I still play for several reason ... (Xbox)
Ease of updating rosters and coaches.
I love playing "GM Mode"
I sign the coaches, handle the roster signings, cuts and drafts then put the game on Spectator Mode and watch the team I built play.

Something else I do, which I feel is very important - At the beginning of each season I go into the editor and change each teams playbook to match the Offensive and Defensive Cords Playbooks.
I noticed as coaches changed the teams playbooks never changed to match. Its easier then it sounds and when playing the same teams in your own division twice each season, it prevents it from feeling the same every time.

Ive also gone in and edited the coaches Run vs Pass playing.
Also adjusted Specialties. Found some OC's specialties were set to defense and Vice Versa for DC's
I believe I've figured out how to narrow it done even further. For example Champ Bailey is a DC for the Jags. I made his specialty DB's as the game for some reason made it Kickers...

Hope that helps

Cage

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters »