Home

Why do people love Madden 12 so much?

This is a discussion on Why do people love Madden 12 so much? within the Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 10-02-2016, 08:01 PM   #17
Rookie

Jatt96's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Why do people love Madden 12 so much?

Why does nobody talk about Madden 13? I just found it in a closet and was going to play it on my PS3. Does anybody know where I could find the latest rosters for Madden 13 (which seems to be the red-headed stepchild of the PS3 Maddens for some odd reason - it has great reviews).
Old 10-02-2016, 08:04 PM   #18
Hoos Rising

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by XBox_Roughneck
Bumping this because I just purchased Madden 12.

One thing you can't do in the current Maddens (without jumping through hoops) is control all 32 teams and SIMULATE (spectate) in franchise games. You have to pick one side or the other to play.
FYI - using Play The Moments, you absolutely can do a CPU v CPU franchise in Madden 17.

The "jumping through hoops" part of setting up a league with 32-team user control is still very much a thing, though.
Old 10-02-2016, 10:49 PM   #19
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jatt96
Why does nobody talk about Madden 13? I just found it in a closet and was going to play it on my PS3. Does anybody know where I could find the latest rosters for Madden 13 (which seems to be the red-headed stepchild of the PS3 Maddens for some odd reason - it has great reviews).
If I had to guess, the fact you can't import draft classes is the reason why people don't care for it.
Old 10-03-2016, 05:29 AM   #20
MVP

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jatt96
Madden 12 has the dull metallic shine on the bucs old helmets (not in current gen)... it has the slight metallic shine on the Rams horns (not in current gen)... it has force defenders (just made it to current gen)... it has full editing in franchise (just made it to current gen)... it has draft importing, etc.
Old 10-03-2016, 10:48 AM   #21
Rookie

Jatt96's Arena

Damn well it looks like I got stuck with the short end Madden.

Does anybody know where I can find the latest Madden 13 rosters, if any? I might as well give that game a go as I have no football fix right now.

Searched on these forums but all I see are Madden 12's everywhere...maybe I should go to the local EB and turn in my Madden 13 for a 12 lol.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-19-2022, 02:42 PM   #22
Rookie

I know this thread is old, but I need to vent and I haven't been around long enough to create my own threads yet (kinda stupid rule on this site if you ask me, but whatever).

Anyway, I don't love this game. I have never raged more at a game than I have with Madden 12. No matter what difficulty I set it on or how I adjust the sliders, this game either becomes too easy or too difficult. And when it's difficult, it doesn't feel like the fair kind of difficult.

This is the first Madden game I've ever played. Before buying this a few days ago, I was exclusively an NCAA Football player. I got this because I wanted to try an NFL game and I heard nothing but good things about Madden 12. Well so far I'm not impressed. The gameplay is straight up trash compared to the NCAA Football series. I win and lose games in NCAA Football 14, but I never rage about it because it always feels fair and, most importantly, the games feel like real football games. In Madden 12, nothing feels organic and real. I feel like I have no control and the game is 100% scripted. If the game decides I'm supposed to win my team is unstoppable, if it decides I'm supposed to lose, then nothing I do works.

I just don't understand how two football games made by the same studio (both Madden and NCAA are made by EA Tiburon) can be so vastly different in quality. NCAA is clearly the series that got more attention in terms of creating a fun and challenging, yet still fair, football experience. Madden 12 has great presentation and all the off-field stuff is great, but the actual gameplay is trash. And that's a deal breaker for me because I care a lot more about the actual games than I do about managing a franchise.
Old 04-06-2022, 01:00 AM   #23
Rookie

parkej13's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by commodore22345
I know this thread is old, but I need to vent and I haven't been around long enough to create my own threads yet (kinda stupid rule on this site if you ask me, but whatever).

Anyway, I don't love this game. I have never raged more at a game than I have with Madden 12. No matter what difficulty I set it on or how I adjust the sliders, this game either becomes too easy or too difficult. And when it's difficult, it doesn't feel like the fair kind of difficult.

This is the first Madden game I've ever played. Before buying this a few days ago, I was exclusively an NCAA Football player. I got this because I wanted to try an NFL game and I heard nothing but good things about Madden 12. Well so far I'm not impressed. The gameplay is straight up trash compared to the NCAA Football series. I win and lose games in NCAA Football 14, but I never rage about it because it always feels fair and, most importantly, the games feel like real football games. In Madden 12, nothing feels organic and real. I feel like I have no control and the game is 100% scripted. If the game decides I'm supposed to win my team is unstoppable, if it decides I'm supposed to lose, then nothing I do works.

I just don't understand how two football games made by the same studio (both Madden and NCAA are made by EA Tiburon) can be so vastly different in quality. NCAA is clearly the series that got more attention in terms of creating a fun and challenging, yet still fair, football experience. Madden 12 has great presentation and all the off-field stuff is great, but the actual gameplay is trash. And that's a deal breaker for me because I care a lot more about the actual games than I do about managing a franchise.
Well, if gameplay is the most important feature, you should go with Madden 10 or Madden 16. The gameplay with those games is more organic. Most people say Madden 16 has the best gameplay of any Madden on PS4 Gen consoles. If you still have a PS3, then try Madden 10. The Franchise mode and graphics are not as good as 12, but it plays better and they actually have a halftime show and weekly wrap up show. They even show fans going into the stadium before the game like in NFL 2K5, except the Franchise mode is not as deep.Hope that helps.
Madden 10
Madden 12
NCAA Football 06
NCAA Football 13
College Hoops 2K8

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters »