Home

How To Fix NBA Live 14

This is a discussion on How To Fix NBA Live 14 within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 11-26-2013, 10:05 AM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
How To Fix NBA Live 14

If you read my review of NBA Live 14, then you should have an idea that the game's developers have a mountain of work towering above them. Even the team has acknowledged the game must be fixed, by posting an apology and promise to bring NBA Live to an acceptable level of performance and play.

Now here we are, with a specific checklist of what needs to be improved to make NBA Live 14 worth the $60 that Electronic Arts is asking basketball fans to pay.

Read More - How To Fix NBA Live 14
Platform: PS4 / Xbox One
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-26-2013, 10:13 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 8
Good write up should email this to them
Old 11-26-2013, 10:30 AM   #3
MVP

OVR: 15
Re: How To Fix NBA Live 14

I don't see them implementing all those changes in a short amount of time before having to work on nba live 15. we're talking animations, ALOT of animations that are simply missing from the game. I don't think a few patches will solve collision detection
Old 11-26-2013, 10:41 AM   #4
Rookie

Rhouston's Arena

OVR: 3

In all honestly, you nailed it Chris. Your list is quite long and comprehensive, which is a sign to me that EA Sports simply can't work off the current build and has to build Live from the ground up. But to say that this isn't going to happen would be an understatement.

I'm not "fanboying" -- I'm basing my opinion off of the recent history of this series. It's become evident that for whatever reason, EA Sports' programmers and art team just can't figure out how to make a SEMI-realistic representation of basketball -- Mike Wang must contain the secret information that he took with him when he went from Live to 2K after Live 10. If you've played the NBA Elite 11 demo and then played NBA Live 14, they play a lot closer than EA Sports wants us to think.

We can make a list of everything Live needs to fix, but at the end of the day, I'd be shocked if they fixed at least half of the list in the next 2 or 3 years. And once again, EA Sports will just be setting itself up for failure.

Like some of the people on these boards, I think the best option is to scrap NBA Live altogether -- the series has been tarnished to the point that it's beyond repair.
Old 11-26-2013, 10:53 AM   #5
MVP

Gramps91's Arena

OVR: 22
Some great suggestions. I don't know if they'll try again though.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-26-2013, 10:57 AM   #6
Pro

soonermagic88's Arena

OVR: 6
So basically.... scrap it and start all over, because from what i can tell everything but the presentation is poo....
Old 11-26-2013, 10:57 AM   #7
MVP

El_Poopador's Arena

OVR: 0

while i do agree with some of this list most of it is ridiculous. half of the things on this list arent in any game to date. the crashing issues are console related and not specific to the game.

basically what i just read is that in order for this game to be worth $60 it must be 100% perfect.
Old 11-26-2013, 11:02 AM   #8
MVP

OVR: 23
Damn thats a laundry list of "fixes"

They might as well scrap it and starting working on a brand new game from the ground up...

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »