Home

ok guys how does 14 compare to 13

This is a discussion on ok guys how does 14 compare to 13 within the NBA 2K PC Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K PC Forum
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 10-06-2013, 08:23 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 0
ok guys how does 14 compare to 13

on pc ...how are the mods looking i have pretty much modded 13 to death ..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-07-2013, 10:07 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: ok guys how does 14 compare to 13

Same graphics basically and same presentation. Updated announcing obviously to match the offseason trades. This game really shines in the gameplay.. Much more challenging and less arcadey. Spacing is better, you must pass and move rather than playing straight iso and blowing by your man to the hoop. Seems like there is more physicality/contact and contact finishes. The blocks actually do add a great dimension to the game.

It's very fun. But I've only played play now games because I'm waiting on better rosters and draft classes for association.
Old 10-07-2013, 12:38 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 12

Actually textures are about double for stuff like faces and tattoos so there is a noticeable difference when running it on higher settings. But yeah not much change to player models or even the actual faces of most guys.

As far as the mods go, check out the modding thread for links to mods. Pretty much, almost all cyberfaces, jerseys, and courts transfer over from 2k13 so there's already a huge list of mods compatible with 2k14. From what it looks like the structure of the files is pretty similar so Vlad should get his RED MC (Reditor) out much quicker than last year.

Gameplay stuff is a pretty noticeable jump as well. Overall a very solid game, definitely worth the $30 IMO.
Old 10-07-2013, 02:08 PM   #4
MVP

outstanding thanks
Old 10-07-2013, 02:09 PM   #5
MVP

yeah i run every on max...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-07-2013, 10:09 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdizzy
Same graphics basically and same presentation. Updated announcing obviously to match the offseason trades. This game really shines in the gameplay.. Much more challenging and less arcadey. Spacing is better, you must pass and move rather than playing straight iso and blowing by your man to the hoop. Seems like there is more physicality/contact and contact finishes. The blocks actually do add a great dimension to the game.

It's very fun. But I've only played play now games because I'm waiting on better rosters and draft classes for association.
+1. Ive played 2k13 on pro and blew the team out..On 2k14 its a different story its more of a challenge and you can easily get behind if you make to many mistakes and the ai is ALOT better then last years. Even tho its not next-gen graphically i can deal with it imo 2k14 is hot
Old 10-07-2013, 10:37 PM   #7
Rookie

Sorry, when I said Graphics aren't much improved I did not mean textures. This years game does look crisper and better in HD with the texture and whatnot but the player models aren't any different.

The more I play though, the more I like the moves and the contact in the lane. It feels way more sim like rather than arcadey blow by your guy. I used to win most of my games with the Hornets (now Pelicans) on the hardest difficulty. Right now, just playing exhibition, I'm in games that come down to the wire on lesser difficulties. Having to change my approach and actually run plays for the first time ever. Before, I thought running plays was just a waste of time because it was so easy to score without them...
Old 10-08-2013, 01:45 PM   #8
Rookie

Is MyPlayer still barren of most of the customization (i.e. can I change suits?) of the console?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K PC Forum »