Home

ok guys how does 14 compare to 13

This is a discussion on ok guys how does 14 compare to 13 within the NBA 2K PC Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K PC Forum
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 10-09-2013, 02:05 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: ok guys how does 14 compare to 13

The game looks better to me, and it even runs smoother(on highest setting).

I like the gameplay better too. Some odd moments where the ball gets kicked, lost,etc...but I guess I kind of like that personally
Old 10-09-2013, 06:10 PM   #10
Rookie

For me the game at first was a horrible experience. However I am growing to notice the game is really more sim than other versions. In other words you really have to play the game realistically not running around shooting any shot, not making a shot just because you're wide open, and etc. yes being so realistic can be frustrating for some of us, but then others it can be a great thing that we've always wanted.

In my career I don't think the game should be limited to all star mode and higher because like I said there are those who don't want the serious gameplay or the challenge they just wanna play and have fun. Serious isn't always fun. The caps on attributes are smart, but also not well executed in my opinion. This is my reasoning. From my knowledge the attribute caps are only for the rookie season to keep you from being 99 overall your first season. I assume this was set in place to make game play last longer since last year they made it a tad bit harder to raise your overall. I think if that is the route they wanted to go they should have limited you to being maybe an overall of something like 80-83.

I still think the game needs reoccurring game milestones. I would love to be rewarded extra vc for every double double or triple double game I play or for dropping 30 points or etc every time if accomplished it not just the one time or how about something for winning MVP every season? Like a new shoe or custom accessories. I say treat it similar to prestige on COD where you get some kind of reward for making it all the way there. I have many ideas I think that would take this game to an entire new level, but I personally like both versions and I plan on putting in the time to be great at this 2k14 since I believe this game will be a game of skill.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
Old 10-14-2013, 05:52 PM   #11
MVP

Kaanyr Vhok's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzy21
For me the game at first was a horrible experience. However I am growing to notice the game is really more sim than other versions. In other words you really have to play the game realistically not running around shooting any shot, not making a shot just because you're wide open, and etc. yes being so realistic can be frustrating for some of us, but then others it can be a great thing that we've always wanted.
Very true. 2k14's theme should be "We got some flaws (kickballs) but we are more realistic". In 2k10-2k13 if you left David Lee open for a 15 footer from the corner he was making it 90% of the time. Im not picking on Lee. He can make that shot but the reality is that shot was too money for bigs with decent shots. There is a little more randomness to the shooting and better interior defense.

Last edited by Kaanyr Vhok; 10-14-2013 at 05:55 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-14-2013, 06:35 PM   #12
Banned

I have huge trouble with the new controls. I can't even defend drives to the rim on AllStar-Sim and on offense its so hard to get to the basket.
Old 10-15-2013, 08:37 AM   #13
MVP

thanks for all the feedback picked up the game and it really does play miles [email protected] man its hard stopping and get to the rim...but i love it...O and it does look better on my rig.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K PC Forum »