Home

PS3 2013/2014 Roster Project

This is a discussion on PS3 2013/2014 Roster Project within the College Hoops 2K Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > College Hoops 2K > College Hoops 2K Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-31-2013, 07:58 PM   #1
Banned

Akermanmrdelete's Arena

OVR: 1
PS3 2013/2014 Roster Project

I am thinking about trying to get a roster set out for next season. The idea being to use past statistics, some preseason mags, and community input to get a really accurate roster set. Along with this, also go through and edit coaches, team colors, etc. I have already put some time in but before I get too crazy I wanted to know what the interest level was. I would hope to get some feedback along the way to make this a true community effort. What do you guys think?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-02-2013, 06:28 AM   #2
Rookie

WeinerSnuggie249's Arena

Re: PS3 2013/2014 Roster Project

I have actually slowly started this already. Let me know if you want to throw some ideas back and forth.
Pittsburgh Penguins
North Carolina Tar Heels
Old 04-02-2013, 09:30 AM   #3
Banned

Akermanmrdelete's Arena

Great. I am curious as to your method of rating players, after looking at it I think this is the biggest issue with any roster set. I have looked at several different roster threads and their seems to be some different schools of thought in this. I am by no means a college basketball expert so I was leaning towards some sort of model based of statistics.
Old 04-02-2013, 01:00 PM   #4
Pro

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akermanmr
Great. I am curious as to your method of rating players, after looking at it I think this is the biggest issue with any roster set. I have looked at several different roster threads and their seems to be some different schools of thought in this. I am by no means a college basketball expert so I was leaning towards some sort of model based of statistics.
Keep it simple is the key, ya a formula is great but stats dont tell you everything, there are plenty of guys shooting 30% from 3 pt range that are better shooters than that and guys that shoot 40% who are not that great of shooters. Some keys that I use are:
-38-40% 3pt and shoots at least 2-3 a game get an 80+ rating
-FT% - if someone shoots 75% he gets an 80 rating, 80% he gets a 85 rating.
-If a big man shoots 55% or better with at least 6 or so shots a game, he gets an 85+ close shot range.
-If a player avgs 1 steal a game he get a 75, 2 steals= 80, 2+ steals= 80+.
-Rebounding, if a player avgs 10 per game or close to it he gets 85+ for both off and def rebounding.
-Ratings such as "Lay-Up" are harder to quantify, kinda gotta watch some games or at least be familiar with some players, but its safe to assume most guards have decent lay-up skills .
-Overall player ratings go something like this, just an example, ACC conference gets an avg "All-Conference" player rating of 80+, while a leage like the Big Sky might avg 74 for players dubbed "All Conference"
-But one thing you have to remember is that we are all human with natural bias and opinions, so its always going to be skewed for the creator, doesnt mean you cant put together a kick-a** set, just means your personal feeling will be reflected somewhat.
-Its a good idea to have a scale for Freshmen as well, ie. ESPN or Rivals Grade = what. 99-95 = 80-88 or something like that. But I wouldnt rate freshmen any lower than ~55 or they will just get recruited over and never really play in legacies, also I would put everyones potential to at least 78-80, otherwise they will not improve at all basically.
-Offensive and Defensive awareness are the single most important attribute that will affect a players overall rating, I like to rate a players skills first then go back and tweak awareness to get the desired overall.
Old 04-03-2013, 06:44 AM   #5
Rookie

WeinerSnuggie249's Arena

Thanks for the info Raiderfan, ratings are def. a tough thing to judge.
Pittsburgh Penguins
North Carolina Tar Heels
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-06-2013, 09:00 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

vtcrb's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akermanmr

The easiest way to do it would be Pick 2 teams. Edit both fully, including Coaching Profiles. Then watch a CPU vs CPU game. Then after you watch game, do 2 things. 1st being look at stats and the 2nd being decide if you thought the guys played like they do in Real Life. If you decide they looked good then you have a BASE to use when Editing other teams.

Twitter: @VTCRBTEC

Youtube Channel:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKL...1uva35l4zFEofg

Roster Editing for Over a Decade
Old 04-24-2013, 07:13 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 0

Im a huge fan of college basketball and would love to help out
Old 05-01-2013, 08:35 PM   #8
Rookie

ticats8's Arena

OVR: 2

I'm down to help out!

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > College Hoops 2K > College Hoops 2K Rosters »