Home

Will College Basketball Return to the Next-Gen Sports Lineup?

This is a discussion on Will College Basketball Return to the Next-Gen Sports Lineup? within the Other Basketball Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 03-29-2013, 10:27 AM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
Will College Basketball Return to the Next-Gen Sports Lineup?

If no college basketball game releases on the PlayStation 4 and Xbox 720, it will mark the first generation of consoles without an NCAA basketball game since the days of the NES, Atari and Sega Master System.

Starting with 1992's NCAA Basketball, multiple college basketball games have appeared in every console generation since the Sega Genesis and Super Nintendo.

Read More - Will College Basketball Return to the Next-Gen Sports Lineup?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-29-2013, 10:46 AM   #2
Rookie

SpergLordStuntn's Arena

OVR: 1
i believe there is a market for college hoops simply because the nba 2k series has really evolved into a great game. arguably the best game on the sports market and if they just apply what they have done so far with nba into college ball it would sell. that combo pack is even a great idea at first
Old 03-29-2013, 11:38 AM   #3
Banned

OVR: 0
If you buy it during March Madness then you will get bored after a few weeks because the tournament ends. This is a great sales technique if all you care about is money and not your consumers.

The problem is the NBA early entry rule. It takes the recognizable star power away from College Basketball and makes it much tougher to get emotionally invested in a team when it is completely different w/ no "elite" players to market. It's all in the NBA's hands to raise the age limit thereby making College basketball much more interesting to the fair weather fans.

One of the best games i own right now is CHoops 2k for ps3. If you gave it the NBA2k treatment and really went into detail im sure it would catch on enough to make a profit.

But yea if it's all about making money and screwing the consumers then i agree they should release it in February.
Old 03-29-2013, 12:38 PM   #4
Beat the Heat!

chi_hawks's Arena

OVR: 14
I hope so. College Hoops 2k8 ws awesome.
Old 03-29-2013, 12:50 PM   #5
Rookie

ozzy57's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Will College Basketball Return to the Next-Gen Sports Lineup?

I disagree you would screw the customers releasing the game in February. A lot of people don't start following it until around February I know the hardcore fan follows it at the start of the season but it has to compete with the NFL, NBA and NHL all games that release between August-October. Most people buy the pro game because of the names in the game, however if they made a quality College Basketball game and release it around February but do something they haven't done and make the draft classes able to import onto both the preceding NBA game and the upcoming unreleased pro game I think they would have good sales.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-29-2013, 01:04 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 30
Just seeing that SNES box got me all misty eyed. Lol. I had that game and swore it was the ish...
Old 03-29-2013, 01:34 PM   #7
Rookie

Kentucky_Wildcat23's Arena

OVR: 21
I will take just about any game 2k is willing to give. I'd take a downloadable game from the XBOX market place. Even if they only pushed a game out every few years with updates and new rosters I'd be fine with that.
Old 03-29-2013, 01:39 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 19
Right there with ya Trey!!!
The good ol days.

Gamers these days are spoiled.

Man you put the game in the system and made the best of it.

It was like someone calling a "Carry" on the court. (you'd get punched in the mouth).
So you just rolled with it and handled your business...

miss those days when it was about the sport itself.

Anyway, I just left college again this past fall, and College Sports is not like the Pro's.
Most folks follow a College team more so because of a personal identification rather than what particular player is on it.
Ohio St follows Ohio St...
Michigan follows Michigan...
Fresno St follows Fresno St....

We've been so long without an actual College BBall game, folks would purchase it just to see or just to have.

Now days, I believe most gamers want developers to build from a simulation foundation, provide an open editor and get out of the way...

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games »