Home

Will College Basketball Return to the Next-Gen Sports Lineup?

This is a discussion on Will College Basketball Return to the Next-Gen Sports Lineup? within the Other Basketball Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-29-2013, 06:48 PM   #17
Banned

js3512's Arena

OVR: 5
Here's an idea, release it just before or at the same time as the NBA games. Take football for instance, many hardcore gamers here will purchase both Madden and NCAA but for alot of the more casual and/or more financially restricted consumers, they have to make a choice between the college game or the pro game and I would be willing to bet that if NCAA released after Madden it's sales would take a HUGE hit. Yes, I'm aware that Madden outsells NCAA despite that but I think that's more because of the NFL's huge popularity and the name Madden. With basketball, many fans, perhaps a majority, prefer the college game to the pro game but the preference may not be enough to convince them to wait an extra month for a new game. I'd bet that if consumers had the choice of either/or on release day of two identical games, one an NBA version and one an NCAA version, many would choose the NCAA game.
Old 03-29-2013, 06:50 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 4
With the recent success of the NBA 2K series I dont see why College Hoops couldn't have great success with a game that is cheap to make. Obviously this has to do with licensing fees, but we shall see. I also believe release the game early for the hardcore fans, but then have a huge marketing campaign including a combo pack with NBA 2K when February and March roles around. The fact that NCAA Basketball 10 sold double of College Hoops 2k8 and was half the product and didn't even work for many proves EA did a good job marketing. Step up your marketing game 2K and you will see sales.
Old 03-29-2013, 10:03 PM   #19
Rookie

JaySwizzlez's Arena

OVR: 1
I think that 2k could definitely pull it off, but I just don't see it happening, as much as I would like a new game to come out.
Old 03-29-2013, 10:06 PM   #20
Banned

js3512's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHammer113
With the recent success of the NBA 2K series I dont see why College Hoops couldn't have great success with a game that is cheap to make. Obviously this has to do with licensing fees, but we shall see. I also believe release the game early for the hardcore fans, but then have a huge marketing campaign including a combo pack with NBA 2K when February and March roles around. The fact that NCAA Basketball 10 sold double of College Hoops 2k8 and was half the product and didn't even work for many proves EA did a good job marketing. Step up your marketing game 2K and you will see sales.
Jordan in his tar heel gear lol
Old 03-30-2013, 12:47 AM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by MHammer113
NCAA BB 10 sold dbl of C Hoop 2k8, because that was the only college BB game out. If you add the total number of sales for CHoop2k8 and NCAA BB 8 they're about the same as what NCAA BB 10 had.

I would think that if 2k took there NBA game and turned it into a college game they would sell around 400-600k copies.

NBA 2k sells in the 4mil plus range. If 2k could make a college hoops game that transfers well to the nba game and release the college hoops game before they release the NBA game, then I could see a large increase in sales. If draft classes and player creations could transfer to the NBA then I could see people buying the C Hoops game to create a player/career starting in High school and then through college and then taking them into the NBA game , giving their created player a stat/skill point increase for the NBA
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-30-2013, 01:36 AM   #22
Banned

js3512's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ven0m43
NCAA BB 10 sold dbl of C Hoop 2k8, because that was the only college BB game out. If you add the total number of sales for CHoop2k8 and NCAA BB 8 they're about the same as what NCAA BB 10 had.

I would think that if 2k took there NBA game and turned it into a college game they would sell around 400-600k copies.

NBA 2k sells in the 4mil plus range. If 2k could make a college hoops game that transfers well to the nba game and release the college hoops game before they release the NBA game, then I could see a large increase in sales. If draft classes and player creations could transfer to the NBA then I could see people buying the C Hoops game to create a player/career starting in High school and then through college and then taking them into the NBA game , giving their created player a stat/skill point increase for the NBA
I've always thought that going into the bigger consol generations of the PS4/720 and beyond that eventually the NCAA/Madden games would eventually merge into one larger, all encompassing football game and I could even see the same happening for basketball games. You'd have a core group of gameplay developers who handle the gameplay for each but then seperate teams for the presentational elements. As games get more and more costly to consumers it only makes sense otherwise sales are going to continue to drop as more and more consumers are forced to choose between one or the other. I think a football game or a basketball game doing this would result in record sales for their respective sport. Of course there'd be hurdles to getting to that point but in the long run it only makes sense. Otherwise more and more sports games are gonna fall by the wayside.
Old 03-30-2013, 12:53 PM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 1
I think 2K should sell college and NBA together as An upgrade Pack
Old 03-30-2013, 04:44 PM   #24
Rookie

iDaulton's Arena

OVR: 0
God I'am missing some College Basketball on my Xbox. 2k make it happen!

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games »