Home

Old 04-14-2012, 09:34 PM   #1
MVP

grgmths1433's Arena

OVR: 7
Da Astros

Is the Astros a small ball type team because the lack of power? Wandy Rodriguez and Lucas Harrell I can go deep into innings. I still trying to see how can I manage the Strongest without superstars. Like someone said last night Carlos Lee and Wandy Rodriguez is all I have to work with right now. If I could get power from JD at the bottom of the lineup things could be interesting. True not a playoff team but with some trading bait I could get some power. I believe Astros has some talent in the minors just not big name folks. I hit the ball pretty good with Jason Castro but I need to find a defensively catcher to give him some rest when needed. Marlins was high on Chris Synder few years back but I would like to get a Jason LaRue or Jason Kendall type backup to help develop Castro. What's yall take?

MLB- Milwaukee Brewers
NFL- Green Bay Packers
NBA- Milwaukee Bucks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-15-2012, 12:46 AM   #2
Sic 'em Bears!

BaylorBearBryant's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Da Astros

J.D. is your superstar. Really the only guy that plays small ball is Schafer. Maybe Altuve a little bit. Buck and Maxwell are good off the bench. Downs and Snyder kind of suck.

Bullpen needs work. Myers is okay, but Lyons is a little overrated IMO. Rhiner Cruz might be worth keeping.

Could upgrade 3rd base, catcher, or RF.

Baylor Bears - Texans - Astros - Rockets - Avalanche

Follow me on Twitch: twitch.tv/osovideo
Old 04-15-2012, 01:12 AM   #3
Fear The Spear

37's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by grgmths1433
Is the Astros a small ball type team because the lack of power? Wandy Rodriguez and Lucas Harrell I can go deep into innings. I still trying to see how can I manage the Strongest without superstars. Like someone said last night Carlos Lee and Wandy Rodriguez is all I have to work with right now. If I could get power from JD at the bottom of the lineup things could be interesting. True not a playoff team but with some trading bait I could get some power. I believe Astros has some talent in the minors just not big name folks. I hit the ball pretty good with Jason Castro but I need to find a defensively catcher to give him some rest when needed. Marlins was high on Chris Synder few years back but I would like to get a Jason LaRue or Jason Kendall type backup to help develop Castro. What's yall take?
you're right....the Astros are not loaded with big boppers....that doesn't mean u can't win....Through 8 games in my franchise, i have a grand total of 5 dingers...i don't even try to hit homers and focus on gettin men on base and finding the gaps to manufacture my runs....as far as your back-up catcher is concerned, how about Jose Molina? even tho he's a starter on the Rays, he's been an adequate backup for a few years
Old 04-15-2012, 01:14 AM   #4
MVP

grgmths1433's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaylorBearBryant
J.D. is your superstar. Really the only guy that plays small ball is Schafer. Maybe Altuve a little bit. Buck and Maxwell are good off the bench. Downs and Snyder kind of suck.

Bullpen needs work. Myers is okay, but Lyons is a little overrated IMO. Rhiner Cruz might be worth keeping.

How would you think Austin Kearns fit in right field? I always liked Austin Kearns. I think he could be a decent fit.

MLB- Milwaukee Brewers
NFL- Green Bay Packers
NBA- Milwaukee Bucks
Old 04-15-2012, 01:16 AM   #5
Fear The Spear

37's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaylorBearBryant

im finding out the hard way Chris Johnson ain't the solution at 3B lol....Bogusevic and Altuve have been good to me so far...Schafer's really surprising me (in a good way).....Myers is awful so far but Lyon is pretty decent...all in all, more good than bad through 8 games
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-15-2012, 01:17 AM   #6
Fear The Spear

37's Arena

Quote:
How would you think Austin Kearns fit in right field? I always liked Austin Kearns. I think he could be a decent fit.
would be a good platoon guy with Bogusevic and an upgrade to the bench
Old 04-15-2012, 01:20 AM   #7
MVP

grgmths1433's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoFatGirlz4Me37
you're right....the Astros are not loaded with big boppers....that doesn't mean u can't win....Through 8 games in my franchise, i have a grand total of 5 dingers...i don't even try to hit homers and focus on gettin men on base and finding the gaps to manufacture my runs....as far as your back-up catcher is concerned, how about Jose Molina? even tho he's a starter on the Rays, he's been an adequate backup for a few years
I really don't wanna take away another teams starting catcher, if that make sense. What your take on Jeff Mathis? Would he be a decent pick or what? I love to have to work to get a win and use stragey.

MLB- Milwaukee Brewers
NFL- Green Bay Packers
NBA- Milwaukee Bucks
Old 04-15-2012, 01:22 AM   #8
Fear The Spear

37's Arena

Quote:
I really don't wanna take away another teams starting catcher, if that make sense. What your take on Jeff Mathis? Would he be a decent pick or what? I love to have to work to get a win and use stragey.
if your focus is strictly on defense then Mathis is a good choice....he's just never been known as much of a hitter

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »