Home

NBA 2K12's Greatest Games/Moments

This is a discussion on NBA 2K12's Greatest Games/Moments within the NBA 2K PC Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K PC Forum
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-12-2011, 10:38 PM   #1
WTF
MVP

WTF's Arena

OVR: 50
NBA 2K12's Greatest Games/Moments

For some reason this evening, I decided to switch from Pro/SIM or All-Star/SIM to straight up Pro/Default. I wanted to see exactly what the differences were, if all sliders were straight up default 50's.

What did I get? I got possibly the best game of virtual bball that I could garner.

I was the Wizards at the Verizon Center taking on the traveling Heat, and their 3 headed monster. Game started off pretty intense, trading baskets back and forth, and Lebron absolutely going nuts on me. He was literally a virtual Lebron. I've never seen anything like it. Dude made one drive through the lane, and whipped the ball around his head to a cutting Haslem for what would have been an easy duece, had Javale McGee not been there to throw Haslem to the ground. Lebron was the facilitator, and playing the drive and kick game. Wade was in attack mode, and Bosh was typical Bosh, there when you need him.

It was the perfect representation of the Heat basketball squad. Fast forward, 16 minutes into the game, Wade is wide open on the right baseline, LBJ finds him, Wade elevates, and so does Blatche... collision, and Wade goes down hard. Out for the rest of the game.

What does that mean for the rest of the 32 minutes? LBJ Time. He went into straight attack mode, and we were trading the lead, back and forth for the vast majority of even the 4th quarter, until Nick Young got scorching hot, draining back to back to back threes.... giving the Wizards a comfortable lead.

Final score ended up being 110-102, but it was MUCH closer than that. And that was all without Wade, who had 8 points in 16 minutes. Lebron had a CRAZY statline of 42 pts, 9 Rebounds, 9 Assists.

Fortunately for me, Nick Young who played all but 2 minutes had 46 points, 4 assists, 5 rebounds, and 3 steals. Wall Had 27 points, and Javale had 20 points.

Easily, the best game that I've EVER played period. There were deflections, traps, flops, just an all around more organic game. I didn't once feel cheated, (and I was down 7 on a 10-0 run)... it was a thing of beauty. If you all haven't at least tried the Default setting instead of SIM, I think you're missing out. It will remain on Default from now on, until something makes me change it. Screens and videos will be up from the game tomorrow.

In the meantime, post your favorite moments, games...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-12-2011, 11:34 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K12's Greatest Games/Moments

That's cool you play with the Wizards even though their D rating is atrocious.
I actually have decided to play with them this year, too (one of my 3 fav teams). Last year I pushed with the Thunder but this year I want to challenge myself more, play with the home team, and also have a variety of jerseys to pick from.

FYI, my other favorite team is the Knicks. Obviously most people will be playing with the Thunder, Knicks, Heat, yadayada, so I figure if I torch someone with the Wizards, they'll be extra upset. And if I lose? Well, it's the Wizards.

By the way, have you been using Andrae Blatche? He's got the skills to pay the bills. I've been trying to use Wall with Isomotion but I've had some trouble nailing his jumper.
Old 10-13-2011, 03:46 AM   #3
Lie,cheat,steal,kill: Win

trobinson97's Arena

OVR: 44

Like I said in the impressions thread, this game plays pretty well out of the box. I thought I would have moved up to All-Star sim by now but I'm still using pro defaults, well technically custom but the only thing I toned down was the 'Play the passing lanes' slider.

SteamID - Depotboy

...2009, 2011, 2012, 2015, 2017, 2020....
What a run
Roll Tide

Old 10-13-2011, 08:07 AM   #4
WTF
MVP

WTF's Arena

I wouldn't move to the SIM slider setting for anything. I think a LOT of the ball warping, defender warping, etc comes from moving to that setting. THe game I played last night, was about as flawless as can be. Give it a try guys.
Old 10-13-2011, 11:43 AM   #5
New Ork Giants

Goffs's Arena

OVR: 30

hmm gonna try this out...

What minutes did you play wtf? I like to play 12 minute quarters and I found this years versions pacing is a bit off. I can score 40 points in the first quarter...It's not like last year where the pacing seemed fine to me...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-13-2011, 11:50 AM   #6
WTF
MVP

WTF's Arena

I played 12 minutes, but I'm a walk the ball up the floor otherwise type of player. Something that I did find odd after I looked at the game recap, there were no subs by me in the entire game... so autosubs may have a problem. My guys were tired, but I guess my timeouts saved them from lagging too much. Fatigue may need to be tweaked... but this was the best game I've played so far, bar none. Makes me want to power it up as soon as I get home, unfortunately, I can't.
Old 10-13-2011, 12:04 PM   #7
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

Pro default? Really
Old 10-13-2011, 12:56 PM   #8
WTF
MVP

WTF's Arena

Indeed. Pro Default. I remembered the first few games that I played, I saw a lot of deflections, etc... then I changed to SIM because that's what I normally played on, All-Star SIM.

But I stopped seeing all of the deflections, hustle plays, loose balls, better physics, etc. Changed it back over, and BAM.... there they were. Default, IMO, plays a much more fluid game. I have some plays saved where the players are moving around like crazy, running the play. I'd stop to go into replay to watch the CPU running their play... VERY fluid motions. I'm going to play a few more tonight hopefully to make sure it wasn't a fluke... but man, if last night was any indication, then PRO/All-Star Default it will be for me.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K PC Forum »