Home

NBA 2K12's Greatest Games/Moments

This is a discussion on NBA 2K12's Greatest Games/Moments within the NBA 2K PC Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K PC Forum
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 10-18-2011, 01:10 AM   #65
CEO - BSG Network

Behindshadows's Arena

OVR: 50
Re: NBA 2K12's Greatest Games/Moments

12 Minutes of Sim Gameplay Pro Default - Last Video of 1st Post in my video thread....Be sure to watch all the way through in HD...Some nice plays took part in this video...

And some nice examples on the CPU taking advantages of your mistakes..

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...ollection.html
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-18-2011, 05:46 PM   #66
MVP

OVR: 10

8 min games.. I need to make some tweaks. It's too easy to dive and dish on the pc. In this case, drive and dish it to Blake or Chris. Also grabbing a rebound and going coast to coast. I'm not exploiting it, but there are times where the D just part like the read sea.
Old 10-19-2011, 05:30 AM   #67
Rookie

OVR: 0

Yesterday I played a great Lakers-Celtics game in Pro/Default, 10min quarters. The game felt real, although FG% could be a little high, mainly from the three point line.

I was playing with the Lakers, and the team is amazing. You simply can't miss with Kobe from midrange, and even the threes were falling for him. In the post, Gasol is a beast, and once you get some buckets in a row with him, the defense starts focusing on him and throwing occasional double teams in the post, letting the shooters get free (Derek Fisher took full advantage of that with 3 three pointers) Bynum got some offensive rebounds and dunked afterwards, but besides that he wasn't very effective. And Ron Artest was like real life RonRon, lost on offense and sticky in defense.

For the Celtics, Rondo was exactly like his real life counterpart. The guy has no shot, so I let him operate around the three point line, forcing him to shoot and using my PG to throw double teams here and there, and to try to play the passing lanes. Anyway, he found the way to contribute driving, giving assists... He finished with a very Rondoesque line (like 14 pts, 9 assists, 5 rebounds, 5 steals) Ray Allen is simply annoying. You give him one inch, he gives you three points against. You get trapped in a pick for a milisecond, he makes a three pointer. To sum up: you commit the tiniest mistake, he punishes you. Paul Pierce was kind of the lider of the team, though, ballhogging sometimes but very effective with his shot from midrange and from downtown, and also driving past the defender when I tried to play tough on him with Artest. Finally, KG was off the whole game, he only scored 10 points or so. Some beautiful turnaround jumpers in the post and a tipycal KG shot from the top of the key, but not much more. Gasol destroyed him in every possible way.

The game was close the whole time. Some lead changes, some times when a team looked like they could pull away, but they never did. It was a tie game with 1:40 to play, but Kobe honored his closer reputation and made some impressible shoots under pressure. With the desperation fouls in the last plays and a final 3 at the buzzer, finally the score was 100-90 (Lakers win), being that 10 points the biggest difference in the whole game.

Kobe was the player of the game with 40 points, and Gasol filled up the stat line with 18-12 and 3 blocks.
Old 10-19-2011, 06:07 AM   #68
Rookie

OVR: 0

My third game. Still same default settings/pro. Pierce with the 3pt shot game winner I had 0 offensive rebounds :O

After playing three games:
- I will lower shooting sliders, 3pt in particular must be tuned down for the user.
- steals and blocks down
- fatigue up
- adjust foul sliders mainly for cpu
- maybe 11 min quarters for more realistic scores

I dont know is it good or bad but you can do fast breaks all the time. CPU is not good with transition defense.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg kurewka.jpg (96.6 KB, 71 views)
Old 10-19-2011, 07:06 AM   #69
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

OVR: 38

Just finished 2 great games in the greatest mode, both default 5 minute quarters. First was With Dr. J's Sixers team-My 2nd attempt at winning it (the first time I tried, I got crushed by the Bucks). I was down most of the game (as much as by 9) and kept fighting, fighting until I was close. I tied it with about a 1:45 left and we went back and forth, either trading buckets or stops for the next minute or so...I couldn't seem to grab the lead. Down 1 with about 22 seconds left, I hit a running floater with Dr. J to go up by 1.

I played pretty tight defense and timed jump into a passing lane perfectly. The only trouble was it was a fake pass! I bit so damn hard trying to jump the lane that I left my man wide open. Upon trying to recover, I got too aggressive and made a bonehead foul on Dunleavy. He made the shot and got to the line for the "and 1" and the Bucks were up 2 with 2.4 seconds left.

I called time to get the short inbound. The Bucks did a great job of forcing my guys outside for a deeper shot. I tried to run a guy inside for the pass but he was pretty well bottled. I ended up hitting Cheeks on the nearside wing and heaving up a 3 THAT WENT IN! I was so stoked that I dropped my controller and literally jumped out of my seat...lol. It was easily my most dramatic win ever in an NBA video game and maybe my most exciting win in any sports video game. I was feeling so pumped up that I moved onto my nemesis...Portland.

I haven't been able to win with Magic's Lakers to save my life. I've tried at least 5-6 times and failed each one, getting as close as within 2 points and losing by as much as 14. I don't know what it is about that team, but Portland kills me inside (on both ends) and I can't hit a jumper to save my life. Also, at some point in the second half, Terry Porter just starts hitting everything and puts me away. He must have that "spurtability" Clark referenced after every 3rd quarter in 2K11...but I digress.

Anyway, this game started off much the same all my others with the 91 Lakers did. I marveled at how smooth it felt controlling Magic and yet didn't do a whole lot with it...lol. It was a pretty tight game for the first quarter and 1/2. Then I discovered that I had started to figure out James Worthy's release and was becoming pretty money with him. That opened things up tremendously as the CPU started (Finally) having to respect at least one of my guys' jump shots and I was able to then start threading an occasional pass inside and open up some scoring for Divac, Green, Campbell, etc.

At the same time, I really focused my D on Porter and kept him pretty much quiet for most of the game. I actually went up by 9 at one point mid 3rd quarter and was actually feeling like I could win. Then Drexler did to me what Porter usually did and started taking over the world. In my video game battles with Porter, I somehow forgot about the all too real threat of Drexler. By the time I started focusing on him more, he was red hot...Jumpers, dunks drives for fouls, etc...killed me in every way possible. I saw my lead get chipped away until it was all tied up with just under 30 seconds left.

I was able to milk the clock a bit and hit a running hook with Magic (who kind of quietly had a great game for me) to go up 2 with 7 seconds left. I guarded the inbound pretty well, but with 2 seconds left, one Terry Porter got enough separation to get a decent jumper off and hit it...off to overtime!

Overtime was close, but relatively uneventful for the bulk of it. We traded baskets for almost the whole quarter. Then, holding onto a slim 2 point lead, I picked up a bad dribble and took it back for a dunk to go up by 4 with a minute left. I got another stop after that, and then it was a festival of sending me to the line on every possession until I eventually won the game 58-50.

Anticlimactic finish (especially in light of the last game) but it was a tight, fun contest the whole way through and probably more rewarding overall since 91 Portland has been kicking my *** since I fired this game up on the first day.

Anyway, the pacing and feel of these games are so good. I had some close games in 2K11 as well, but these games have an even better sense of flow to them IMO. I love to how I have to adapt to different play styles even more and that just playing with a good team doesn't equal a W. I'm having such a blast that I've been up all night messing with 2K12...lol.

A couple of things I'm noticing (minor annoyances):

1) Regardless of play (meaning legend or current) there are occasional instances of the AI pulling some crazy moves. Doesn't happen often, but it looks ridiculous when it happens (like a guy suddenly just taking off and dunking over like 4 guys clogged in the paint-Had Rondo pull that one...looked weird and kind of floaty).

2) The AI's end of game foul logic is a bit wonky. They do it at the right time, that's not the issue. The issue is that they don't pay attention to who's fouling. Three times now I've seen guys foul out while giving end of game fouls. For example, Magic fouled out for me when the AI kept having him grab the guy...went from 4 to 6 fouls in 3-5 seconds. It's not a huge deal, just weird.

Last edited by SoxFan01605; 10-19-2011 at 07:10 AM.
Old 10-21-2011, 01:55 PM   #70
Hall Of Fame

aloncho11's Arena

OVR: 61

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtownballa
Joe Dumars did a off vert tip dunk on me.. lol... I'll report any findings.
that happened sometimes in 2K11 too (with default rosters) try editing his attributes and tendencies.
Old 10-21-2011, 09:20 PM   #71
Just some guy

mrprice33's Arena

OVR: 16
Just had a fantastic game in the second game of my association with the sixers at home against the pacers.

Down 8 with a minute left, Andre iguodala drives and dishes to jrue holiday for a 3 on the wing-sixers down 5. I play the next possession out, and Danny granger hits a fadeaway in iggy's face to put the pacers up 7. Then I find speights under the basket for a layup and 1 with about 35 seconds left, now down 4. Play the next possession out, and I force a granger miss with about 10 seconds left. Inbound the ball to holiday, who nails a DEEP 3 with 8 seconds left. Sixers down 1. Foul on the next play, dahntay jones hits both. No more timeouts, down 3. They choose not to foul (which is dumb IMO) and I drain the 3 in collison's face with holiday with .6 seconds left!!

Fast forward to OT. Tied at 120, Elton brand turns it over. Collision hits a jumper in transition and puts the pacers up 2 with about 50 seconds left. I run some clock, and find Jodie Meeks wide open on a drive and kick and he nails the 3 with 27 seconds left to put me up one. Granger runs clock and drives on iguodala, brand comes over and blocks a layup try! Meeks gets the board and hits 2 fts to ice it. I win 125-122. Great game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-29-2012, 11:00 PM   #72
Rookie

filename1's Arena

OVR: 1

this might just be xbox but, on pro/default it seems that rubberbanding is horrific. I was playing a fantasy draft team, and i had jason terry up and undering D-howard for the score. Also a couple times Dirk literally ran right through David Lee. This happened in the 3rd quarter on, after i had a very comfortable lead. I also had some trouble with O-bounds, Brook Lopez was yankinem down over David Lee and D-howard which is blasphemous, I just want you pc players thougts on this.

Now Playing
CH2k8
NBA 2k11
X-Com UFO Defense
Skyrim

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K PC Forum »