Home

Pro Yakyuu Spirits 2011 Impressions

This is a discussion on Pro Yakyuu Spirits 2011 Impressions within the Other Baseball Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 05-20-2011, 04:10 PM   #1
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40
Pro Yakyuu Spirits 2011 Impressions

I’ve been aware of Pro Yakyuu Spirits for a while, mostly through random YouTube videos and forum chatter. It wasn’t until this year that, given a chance to play this Japanese import, I realized how differently this game plays in comparison to American hardball titles.

However, to make it clear from the start, I can’t quite review this game because the vast majority of the game’s text is incomprehensible to me. However, I can share with you why I think PYS’ gameplay is unique, thanks largely to www.spiritstranslation.com. If you decide to purchase this game (and aren’t fluent in Japanese), this site will be a huge help.

Anyway, PYS tweaks the standard American baseball formula in some meaningful (and mostly good) ways. In some cases, these modifications actually make reference to things we have seen in past American games but were later lost in modern incarnations.

Read More - Pro Yakyuu Spirits 2011 Impressions
Platform: PS3
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-20-2011, 04:29 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 4
The video of Pro Spirits looks awesome. The batting cursor that is shaped like an actual bat is genius. I would love to see this game "Americanized", especially on the Xbox 360. It has been a long time since I have played a baseball game in which I enjoyed fielding. Come on Konami,2k, or even EA. Bring this to the U.S.
Old 05-20-2011, 04:40 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1
Great game. Fantastic feeling.
You may play from a simple to a really hard baseball. A recommended game for anyone.
Old 05-20-2011, 09:45 PM   #4
Pro

Super Glock's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Pro Yakyuu Spirits 2011 Impressions

Awesome plug for this game Chase. I am glad to see it getting the exposure it deserves. This is definitely my favorite baseball game, heck my favorite sports game. It plays so great and the hitting physics is phenomenal. I just can't go back to any other baseball game after trying the hitting system in this game. And the graphics for 2011 are legit.
Old 05-20-2011, 10:18 PM   #5
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Glock
Awesome plug for this game Chase. I am glad to see it getting the exposure it deserves. This is definitely my favorite baseball game, heck my favorite sports game. It plays so great and the hitting physics is phenomenal. I just can't go back to any other baseball game after trying the hitting system in this game. And the graphics for 2011 are legit.
Hey, glad you like the article, thank Caley though, the writer of the article.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-20-2011, 10:26 PM   #6
Pro

Super Glock's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Pro Yakyuu Spirits 2011 Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaseB
Hey, glad you like the article, thank Caley though, the writer of the article.
Oh my bad, thanks Caley!
Old 05-21-2011, 09:31 AM   #7
Rookie

gigadkc's Arena

OVR: 3
Quote:
I wouldn’t be the first to wish that this were turned into a full-featured MLB game
so true. Great article, nothing to add here.
Old 05-21-2011, 11:43 AM   #8
ShowTime!

NAFBUC's Arena

OVR: 43
Pro Yakyuu Spirits gets the runner-up ribbon, The Show is hands down number 1. I have I played all three baseball games and PYS is an overall better baseball game than 2k. It has a very smooth fielding interface and I also like the occasional signs you can see in the crowds. If they would make an english version, I would purchase every year.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games »