Home

OSFM 2010 OVERHAUL is complete!

This is a discussion on OSFM 2010 OVERHAUL is complete! within the MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 12-03-2010, 09:15 PM   #1
Banned

khronikos's Arena

OVR: 4
OSFM 2010 OVERHAUL is complete!

Hello, this thread is being made for the completed rosters that were made from OSFM 4.3. These rosters under OSFM 2010 OVERHAUL include:

*Complete 40 man stat reedits for all teams including batters and pitchers and their pitches according to 2010 and real life

*Top 100 pitchers edited according to Pitch F/X including actual pitches, control, break, and speed

*Every damn trade I could find as of EOS

*Complete lineup editing according to EOS when possible

*Top 15 reedits for each position on defense based on fangraphs advanced stats 2010 (note: I did not mess with defensive ratings as much as I feel most were okay in 4.3 so a lot of bench players are mostly the same as they were in 4.3)

My personal sliders:

Hitting: All Star
Pitching: HoF

User:
Contact 9
Power: 5
Timing: 10
Fouls:5
Solid Hits: 8
Starter Stamina: 5
Reliever Stamina:5
Pitcher Control: 5
Pitcher Consistency: 6

CPU:
Contact, Power, and Timing and Solid Hits: 5
Fouls: 4
Starter and Reliever Stamina: ZERO (you must use this)
Pitcher Control: 3
Pitcher Consistency: 4
Strike Frequency: 6
Manager Hook: 3-4 (suggested)
Pickoffs: 5

Global;
Pitch Speed and Fielding Errors: 5
Throwing Errors: 4 (suggested)
Fielder Run Speed: 1 (highly suggested)
Injuries: 2 (either 1 or 2 no more--does not save this slider in franchise you must input it)

All the rest: 5 (baserunning is perfect for both on 5)

I would like to say it has been a while. I am sorry for the delays. But I have had some illness and college to worry about as well as other games. Please know that this is not the end of these rosters. Since I will not be getting MLB 11 I will be reediting these for opening day at a later date. I appreciate you guys waiting patiently for these. As something I want to get out right away about the rosters in general: When you look at your entire team in rosters do not be alarmed that your closers are super high on your list because they should be. Usually they have the best ERA's and are the best pitcher on your team though obviously they only pitch one inning. Also do not worry that some people are below others who should not be. It all works out. This game HEAVILY favors power and players that hit well below some guys but have more power for some odd reason are rated higher by The Show but that doesn't mean they are better by any means. The stats are all accurate. Just thought I would clear that up.

I would like to say a few things on why these things were made from the 4.3 set. The 4.3 set was in many parts very well done. Most credit goes to Knight for starting this process. He has put more time than anybody else into this. Without him and the creation tools none of this would turn out right. Credit to all the other guys that set out to reform the stats and accessories and whatever else was done you know who you are.

I would like to say however that there were many flaws in the 4.3 set. For one, many and I mean many pitchers and batters on the 40 man had ratings that were too high, too low, or just bizarrely out of whack. Guys would have 99 for all their pitch controls who wouldn't even be at 50 in reality and most batters had way too much discipline and little vision or vice versa and everybody had too much baserunning skill by far. Discipline is a major factor and needs to be done consistently across the board to make equal rosters. Baserunning is important as it throws off a couple different stats. Most guys were way above their running skills for bases on normal 5 sliders for the two inputs.

I have redone all stats for the entire 40 man according to my own little hierarchal system that has been born out of a LOT of testing and simming and of course many net sites with in depth stats. It was applied across the board. The 4.3 roster tools that were used are heavily flawed. Nobody plays like they did 3 years ago for better or worse and it has no relevance today. It screws up the teams completely. I could not deal with this so set out to do something about it.

Also, many pitchers were given improper pitches. The pitches were a large concern of mine for the top guys. 12-6 curves are rarely thrown in the MLB on an average basis and they need to be changed to one of the other curves as I found much too many of them for my liking. Texas Leaguers was my spot for Pitch F/X where you can see every stat you need about every pitcher and where he throws according to the x y axis. It helps a lot. Of course I could not get to half the guys I wanted too. I have spent about 60 hours on these sets and can do no more at this time. Many pitchers still obviously have slightly inaccurate pitches.

There are many 'rising' fastballs (in reality they do not rise but drop less) in the league imo. If you have a guy that throws more 'upward' and a lot also to his hand as compared to the guys with a lot of break downward and to their hand how do you differentiate that with the break stats? Imo the running fastball should be slightly angled downward where as the two seam should be more angled downward. I thought that giving them more break and running was the better choice if they threw in the 7+ in vertically on the Pitch F/X which was in the upper range and helped differentiate the horizontal movement properly.

Of course it must be said that with no FULL team control on I have no say over what the CPU does to lineups and what not. Anything can happen. I have no control over injuries or trades. Again, anything can happen. And of course there is a questionable point to point dictation on stats that seems to vary over the course of many sims. Some guys do well this year and less another. This kind of variation is inevitable and I tried my best to make it much better than it was. I am content with what I have.

I of course am a Twins fan and many will be happy to know they are done according to what they are today. I redid a few batting stances for Delmon Young, O Dog, and Valencia and they look much more accurate. Also realize that Thome is put in before Kubel no matter what and this extends to other teams with the same situation. Even with Thome's low durablility the CPU always puts him in over Kubel because Kubel really isn't very good and Thome is still a powerhouse. So usually Thome ends up playing the whole season and hitting a bunch more homers unless you choose to put Kubel in over him. In reality I would love if he played the whole season lol.

As far as the division races on my last Sim everybody who won their division did and the wild cards were also right on but realize on every sim this does not happen. There is much contention in certain divisions where injured players are not injured in game and so on. Usually it is a toss up in with NYY and that division. Some of the National ones also seem to vary quite a bit. SF usually wins but SD and LA can come close at times. The usual variation is expected but to me it's about as spot on as it can be. I worked a while on this.

I have a few concerns I must list. This game will never do walks correctly. So don't even bother listing that as a criticism. Nothing works. Also, complete games seem to be somewhat overdone and that cannot be helped imo. It's not too bad and varies from season to season. Pitching with my sliders I found things to be very accurate as to how their pitchers tire. 90 was the highest stamina I awarded to any pitcher and that went to Halladay. The CPU stamina for pitchers and relievers is on ZERO. You also must use this. Injuries are another concern. Too many and too harsh. You must use either 1 or 2 on the sliders no questions. Fielder run speed should be at 1 and throwing errors at 4 as there are too many when set to 5 imo. Have fun with these rosters and feel free to post some constructive criticism if you feel like it. Again it is under OSFM 2010 OVERHAUL DEC. 3 online.
When I upload it only lets me upload one of the files. I put the four links to each component of the file. You can put the files together in the folder named: BCUS98207_ROST_0000000051315026

Put this folder in the SAVEDATA folder and this folder into the PS3 folder and you should be good to go. Sorry if there was another way but this should be fine.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/ch5dlx
http://www.sendspace.com/file/e5mupa
http://www.sendspace.com/file/qbcva8
http://www.sendspace.com/file/remk70

Peace out.

Last edited by khronikos; 12-31-2010 at 11:33 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-03-2010, 10:03 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: OSFM 2010 OVERHAUL is complete!

Sorry about this question. Might seem kind of stupid but, I'm new to the forums and I'm sure there are some who are unsure of this as well. How exactly does one find the download for the files people have uploaded? It would really help if you had a step by step post on exactly how to do this. Thank you khronikos for the hard work you've put into helping improve the game. And also, I thank you once again if you would provide a guide on how to download these rosters, (or even anything offered at this forum if there is no manual link provided.)

Last edited by boredh1234; 12-03-2010 at 10:19 PM. Reason: forgot something
Old 12-03-2010, 10:33 PM   #3
Banned

khronikos's Arena

I will have a link with manual download when I have the time. Otherwise you log onto sports connect within the game and go to roster vault to upload or browse and download them. Make the date on the rosters so it is the newest ones. Very simple. Sorry I have other things to do tonight. I will try to get the manual out in the next few days. Anybody have a good site to use feel free to say so.

Last edited by khronikos; 12-03-2010 at 10:42 PM.
Old 12-03-2010, 11:11 PM   #4
Rookie

Thanks, I was wondering is it ideal to play with your personal sliders in conjunction with these rosters?(I ask this because you had on the bottom some specific instructions such as injuries at 1 or 2, or completely off) Or were they just thrown out as reference? Thanks.
Old 12-04-2010, 12:12 AM   #5
Banned

khronikos's Arena

Injuries must be at 1 or 2. Otherwise you get people injured every week and it's completely ridiculous. You also need to have fielder run speed at 1 and throwing errors at 4. You need CPU stamina at ZERO. Those are the ones you absolutely need to have.

I think my sliders are pretty realistic. I realize that they are high on the User side but that is just how I play. Any less and I feel like I cannot get into the game and hit properly with the guys that should be hitting. You should also definitely be using the stick to aim for the pitch. Even with those high settings I cannot fathom how people play this on Legend with normal settings. I did alright when I tried it but it wasn't realistic imo. I felt like I had to hit everything square on the ball even with guys like Mauer who basically hits anything. Your settings may vary.

Last edited by khronikos; 12-04-2010 at 12:18 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-04-2010, 12:18 AM   #6
Rookie

Cool, I really enjoy the work that you've done with this. Thanks for working so hard, been following the thread for quite a while. However, a question I have for you is: how in the world did you set the stats for players who were bench players? For example, Nate Schierholtz of the San Francisco Giants is an incredible outfielder. He has one of the best arms in the league, and his arm accuracy is really good also. However, he doesn't play much, so his stats aren't great(as in next to no assists) etc. The Show has him set with horrible defensive attributes, but this is simply not true. That's why I wanted to know how you dealt with cases such as these.
Old 12-04-2010, 12:27 AM   #7
Banned

khronikos's Arena

Well, I had to improvise. I cannot go too high and I can not go too low. I took his at bats and any other season statistics from others years and basically worked it out. I'm not sure those guys are going to be perfect and if you wish you can set them how you please. If they haven't played a whole lot then none of their stats matter imo. They have to prove themselves. They may be outstanding at defense in AAA or with batting or pitching but until they have a full year under their belt it is all up for question. he might be great sometimes in the outfield but then he might make a huge mistake like Delmon Young often does. I tried my best. According to fangraphs he does have a good arm not Cuddyer good but you might want to set him yourself. Right now he is at 67 and 59. A bit low probably but his batting is pretty spot on imo. His batting was subpar this season but I did just update him on my personal list for fielding. I gave him 85 for str and 81 for accuracy and then 80 and 78 for reaction and ability.

I really didn't change a whole lot on the defensive end as that would have entailed another 20 hours of work and I don't have the time but you guys can list and mention some people that may need to be changed for when I do opening day rosters for MLB 10.

As I said before, I can only do so much. Defense for bench players was the least priority. I would have liked to have gotten to a couple hundred more pitchers with pitch F/X but it is not happening. Sorry but I tried my best with what time and patience I have.

Last edited by khronikos; 12-04-2010 at 12:47 AM.
Old 12-04-2010, 12:53 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 3

You've done a great job with this roster set, thanks! I wanted to do some tweaks with pitchers and I'm using Texas Leaguers as a reference database, I was wondering how you determined 'control' and 'break' for pitchers, for each pitch type. Say a pitcher throws a curve that drops 6.5'' in the vertical direction and moves 4'' in the horizontal direction, what would his break for that pitch be?

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters »