Home

NBA Live 10 - First Adjustments

This is a discussion on NBA Live 10 - First Adjustments within the NBA Live Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live > NBA Live Sliders
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-03-2009, 06:58 AM   #1
Rookie

Zeppelin8's Arena

OVR: 8
NBA Live 10 - First Adjustments

I've got the game last night (I'm from Europe, different time zone). Anyway here it goes...

I had the chance to play 4 12 min quarter games. I was Boston for the whole time, I played Philly and Raptors twice on All-Star difficulty. Neither of these games were close, most of the time I've got blown out, lol. (Scores were like 119-94, 112-101 etc..)

First of all, Live is a solid bball game out of the box. But still there are some adjustments need to be made. Shooting percentages are fine out of the box, which is kind of shocking to me. There are times that CPU hits too many contested shots, but we come to that later.

I'll start with fouls. There are not enough free throw attempts. I raised foul sliders a bit, it got slightly better but still not good enough.

My suggestion will be putting these sliders close to highest. Maybe not highest, but pretty close.

Last game, philly attempted 110 shots against me - it's way too much. This is mainly because lack of fouls but most importantly, CPU doesn't commit reach-ins, even if you max the reach-in slider.

Because of that, 12 mins are way too long for a real sim style game. Game doesn't stop and shot clock resets rarely, because there is a huge lack of reach ins. So, 12 mins goes to the trash, I'm thinking of changing it to 10/11 minutes.

We can still survive without reach ins - but to get enough free throw attempts,we need to bump up other foul sliders.

Another issue is that CPU committing not enough turnovers. I though I might raise user steals sliders a tad. I only get around 4-5 steals per game, it will be more realistic if I get that number up to somewhere between 7-9.

Rebounds seem to be okay, good balance between offensive and def. rebounds. Off rebounds can use a slight bump, but to be certain, I need to play some more games.

At some point, CPU was hitting way too many contested lay-ups and shots. I hope that this can be resolved by dropping Shot Alter sliders for CPU.

If you have the habit of over-using pump fake, it might get a little easier for you. So if that's the case, I suggest you to raise CPU fakeout discipline slider.

Summary (Edited)
*Quarter length 10 minutes.
*User Steals slider could use a bump. Passing/Ball control related CPU sliders might need to go down as well.
*All Foul Sliders needs a huge bump.
*If you tend do use pump fake too much, then you can raise fakeout discipline slider for cpu.

By only raising foul sliders and playing 10/11 quarter games, you can get pretty realistic stats. These are a MUST.

Last edited by Zeppelin8; 10-03-2009 at 02:28 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-03-2009, 11:22 AM   #2
DC
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 39
Re: NBA Live 10 - First Adjustments

Yep, not much needs to be changed. I feel that players don't tire enough.

I play on 10 mins
Fatigue: +8 clicks
Collision shot success (Hum/CPU): -8 clicks
Fouls: Still tinkering

As far as the CPU turnover issue, I agree. I would look at the CPU's pass accuracy before I look at bumping the steals for the user.

Great game out of the box
Old 10-03-2009, 11:28 AM   #3
You Dead Wrong

Jano's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeppelin8
Summary:
*Quarter length needs to go down to 10/11.
*Cpu Shot Alter needs to go down.
*User Steals slider could use a bump. Passing/Ball control related CPU sliders might need to go down as well.
*All Foul Sliders needs a huge bump.
*If you tend do use pump fake too much, then you can raise fakeout discipline slider for cpu.

By only raising foul sliders and playing 10/11 quarter games, you can get pretty realistic stats. These are a MUST.
Shot alter effects the cpu's ability to alter your shot success so I wouldn't touch that unless you are having issues w/ that.

The slider you should edit for that concern is CPU contact shot percentage.
Old 10-03-2009, 02:25 PM   #4
Rookie

Zeppelin8's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jano
Shot alter effects the cpu's ability to alter your shot success so I wouldn't touch that unless you are having issues w/ that.

The slider you should edit for that concern is CPU contact shot percentage.
Thanks for the info, I'll edit my post. I've thought the opposite.

Yeah fatigue needs to go up as well. I played with Miami, even my fatigue slider is pretty bumped up, Wade didn't get much tired. Basically, he could play all 40 minutes.
Old 10-03-2009, 03:31 PM   #5
You Dead Wrong

Jano's Arena

OVR: 27

Another thing I want to add is in Live 09 huge adjustments to the fatigue made jumpshooting even more difficult because players got tired even faster.

It kind of displayed the differences between the well conditioned athletes like Wade and Bron vs guys like Shaq. They were able to sustain a higher of level play over the course of the game better then your avg player.

So Wade should be able to play well for a while bt the same shouldn't hold true for some of his teammates.

It added another level of strategy to the game. Because if you didn't use players effectively early on it made it harder later in the game.

Once he started to get tired shots would stop falling and you would have to rely on your stars but if they weren't having good games either you were stuck Lol.

Last edited by Jano; 10-03-2009 at 03:35 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-03-2009, 04:09 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 2

sounds good. the demo didn't play too bad. imma rent both 2k10 and live10 before i purchase. so far i am leaning 2wards live but i like the my player mode idea too

do u have to pay for a live 365 subscription?
Old 10-03-2009, 06:14 PM   #7
Rookie

Zeppelin8's Arena

Fatigue differentiation between players is nicely done.

I've almost maxed out fatigue slider (let's say 90/100). While guys like Rose, Wade only needs small rests, Shaq gets wasted pretty quickly.
Old 10-04-2009, 03:24 AM   #8
Hall Of Fame

LingeringRegime's Arena

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by toosmoothforya
do u have to pay for a live 365 subscription?
Should be included in the box. It was last year.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live > NBA Live Sliders »