Home

Put your "wishlist" things HERE (even though it's too late for The Show '10)

This is a discussion on Put your "wishlist" things HERE (even though it's too late for The Show '10) within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare
Closed Thread

Old 03-27-2009, 04:52 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 7
Put your "wishlist" things HERE (even though it's too late for The Show '10)

I know some may think this is premature, but it's never too early to look forward to improving next years title. We can get this started now, get the devs involved, and get ready for next years title.

First off, I'd like to say that MLB 09 The Show is a great game. It's one of, if not the best professional sports game I've ever played. I'm a sports fanatic, but I don't usually tend to be a die hard fan of baseball. I like and enjoy watching it, and I follow pretty closely, but I'm not the MLBs biggest fan. Even so, this game has me hooked, and I can't put put down. Although it's an excellent game, it's not yet perfect. So let's go Show fans, lets throw our ideas out here and help the SCEA devs to create an even better Baseball Sim.

1. Collision detection. It's hard to believe that with all the attention to details placed in this title that the the collision detection is sort of bad. Not a major flaw, but it def needs to be worked on.

2. Add WBBL teams. On some of the next gen basktball games you have the option to play with some of the olympic teams. It'd be nice if we could have the World Baseball Classic teams added.

3. I like the equipment options on this game, however I believe it can be pushed even more. Let's have the option to choose what color we want our arm bands and such to be. Also, if SCEA is capable of it, let's try and get a deal with Nike, Under Armor, and Reebok, to add their cleats in the game. It'd be nice to have the option to choose between multiple brands and variations of cleats, as well as an option to change the colors.

It'd also be nice to have the option to head gear such as Du Rags, and wave caps, and bandannas that players tend to wear. Kind of like Mannys.

Not really a big deal, but a lot of players wear chains and ear rings during games. I'd also like the option to add and remove those.

4. Let's further improve the commentary. The commentary's good, but it can be further improved.

5. The Presentation on this game is excellent imo, but let's further push it if possible. Maybe somehow, we can get some type of ESPN involvement in the game with top plays, and Baseball tonight shows during Franchise. I don't know, there's many things that can be done.

6. I'm not exactly familiar with it, but I believe there's a Uphoria Engine or something of the sort that further improves animations as far as fluidity is concerned. The animations in this game are great, but if this can push the game to the next limit, then why not add it?

7. Further improve upon player specific styles.

That's all I can think of at the moment.

I know some of my request seem nit picky and such but there's so much that can be done with these systems, and although this game is great, there's more things that can be done to make this game perfect. I don't want this to be a thread that bashes the game, I just want everyones opinion on what they think can make the game better.

So what do you guys want to see in next years title?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-27-2009, 05:27 AM   #2
Banned

Re: MLB 10 The Show Wishlist

I just thought of something. NBA Live has implemented a tech in their game called DNA that on a daily basis downloads team and player specific stats as well as tendencies. Meaning it records how much a player drives from the baseline, or takes a jumper from the perimeter, or how many times a specific team runs a specific play, etc. I hope something like this is added to MLB 10 The Show. It's measure pitcher tendencies as far as pitch selection and how many times a specific pitch is thrown, or how successful a batter is against a specific pitch, or how often they hit the ball to a specific part of the field, etc. Something like this added to the game would be great.
Old 03-27-2009, 08:37 AM   #3
Rookie

krmarks's Arena

OVR: 5

1. I would love to see improved RTTS options....like actually making your the money you earn mean something, maybe temp bonuses you could buy or equipment or extra coaching/BP something. I would really like it if it was similar to Power Pros 2008 on the wii/ps2 (not the whole storyline part, but the equipment/crib type stuff).

2.Classic baserunning option would be nice too so I can just push the dpad to go to a specific base.

That is all I have at the moment...
Old 03-27-2009, 10:42 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 1

Improved interface for roster management.
Old 03-27-2009, 10:43 AM   #5
Banned

I really can't think of a lot of things to improve this game?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-27-2009, 10:51 AM   #6
Banned

OVR: 60

There's an MLB Feedback Forum up above that is addressing this kind of stuff. Russell is asking for pros/cons/how to improve the game, etc.
Old 04-18-2009, 04:46 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 1

If your franchise has enough funds build a new stadium, design jersys, and relocate the team like in Madden nfl
Old 04-18-2009, 05:10 PM   #8
Pro

OVR: 12

the Euphoria Engine was designed for action games, it makes the character model fight to stay standing when being attacked, shot at or blown up

it wont do anything for sports games (except football, see Backbreaker)
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »