Home

Really hope that managers/coaches get some much needed TLC in '24

This is a discussion on Really hope that managers/coaches get some much needed TLC in '24 within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 11-09-2023, 10:20 AM   #1
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62
Really hope that managers/coaches get some much needed TLC in '24

With the hot stove heating up in baseball, the biggest news maker has been the hiring of managers. And with that brought up my hope, as it has been for several years now, in that SDS will put some TLC/life into the managers/coaches for franchise mode in MLB '24.

First and foremost, please I am begging now, let us edit managers/coaches in the same manner we do players. I'm several years into franchise mode, and most of the managers/coaches are generic. I would love to be able to edit these managers/coaches into being past players, actual managers/coaches, that aren't in the game due to licensing issues, minor league coaches, maybe collegiate coaches, etc.. And in that, please let Boog and Singleton say the generic/created coaches names....PLEASE!!!!

The next biggest hope is that manager/coach hirings and firings will appear on the transaction page just like roster moves and injuries. If the Cubs hire Craig Counsell then I want to see the deal be announced on the transactions page. Dusty Baker retired, let me know!

Next would be, have manager of the year awards.

Finally, please get rid of the attribute grades for coaches/managers and the +/- affect on attributes and give the managers/coaches some individual characteristics and managing styles. How they handle bullpen, aggressive on the bases, how likely they play small ball, defensive positioning, etc...

Managers and coaches are lifeless in this game. They seemingly have no impact or bearing on the game at all other than being shown in the dugout, or walking to the mound to make a pitching change. Please...make managers/coaches matter, meaningful, and impactful, starting with '24.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-09-2023, 10:32 AM   #2
MVP

bryanm1982's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Really hope that managers/coaches get some much needed TLC in '24

That is a great point and suggestions. Especially give them traits instead of the +/- boosts. The Yankees 1B coach that has a +2 speed isn't really going to make Stanton run faster.

https://twitch.tv/bryanm1982

Braves Franchise

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing
Old 11-10-2023, 02:53 PM   #3
MVP

dran1984's Arena

OVR: 2

The attributes grades are so stupid, they will have good managers rated C or D. Like they just randomly assign a grade.

Also, they need to update the dugout jackets. Most managers wear a pullover of some kind these days. I'd like an option to be able to choose jersey or pullover as well as editing the names and faces/skin tones.
Old 11-14-2023, 07:01 PM   #4
Pro

BigOrangeVol4Life's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
With the hot stove heating up in baseball, the biggest news maker has been the hiring of managers. And with that brought up my hope, as it has been for several years now, in that SDS will put some TLC/life into the managers/coaches for franchise mode in MLB '24.

First and foremost, please I am begging now, let us edit managers/coaches in the same manner we do players. I'm several years into franchise mode, and most of the managers/coaches are generic. I would love to be able to edit these managers/coaches into being past players, actual managers/coaches, that aren't in the game due to licensing issues, minor league coaches, maybe collegiate coaches, etc.. And in that, please let Boog and Singleton say the generic/created coaches names....PLEASE!!!!

The next biggest hope is that manager/coach hirings and firings will appear on the transaction page just like roster moves and injuries. If the Cubs hire Craig Counsell then I want to see the deal be announced on the transactions page. Dusty Baker retired, let me know!

Next would be, have manager of the year awards.

Finally, please get rid of the attribute grades for coaches/managers and the +/- affect on attributes and give the managers/coaches some individual characteristics and managing styles. How they handle bullpen, aggressive on the bases, how likely they play small ball, defensive positioning, etc...

Managers and coaches are lifeless in this game. They seemingly have no impact or bearing on the game at all other than being shown in the dugout, or walking to the mound to make a pitching change. Please...make managers/coaches matter, meaningful, and impactful, starting with '24.
This and the ability to download user created real life draft classes from the vault
Old 11-19-2023, 08:32 AM   #5
Hall Of Fame

reyes the roof's Arena

OVR: 6

We need the ability to edit their uniform numbers too. It’s an immersion killer when my first base coach is wearing a retired number
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-19-2023, 10:46 PM   #6
Cod
MVP

Cod's Arena

OVR: 10

I've always wondered why managers, etc. aren't given more attention because the MLBPA license covers managers, coaches, and trainers. They are not part of the CBA, but things such as benefits and licensing agreements does include them. If you're paying the cost for the license, why not use it to the fullest extent possible?
Old 11-22-2023, 04:14 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 3

Just read a thread the other day where this was being discussed, asked for. From 2013. Terrifying. Its 2023 now. Needless to say, nothing is changing in this area.
I am building a website that will host classic sport gaming rosters from years past. We have lost many great rosters for good over the past several years due to expired links. If your interested in contributing, please PM me and let the work live on forever!

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »