Home

MLB The Show 23 Franchise Mode Discussion

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 23 Franchise Mode Discussion within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 03-24-2023, 12:00 AM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
MLB The Show 23 Franchise Mode Discussion

Get your franchises setup and discuss!
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-24-2023, 08:04 AM   #2
Rookie

DirtBallNation's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: MLB The Show 23 Franchise Mode Discussion

First off, great to be back for another year! Secondly, obviously the launch roster isn’t perfect but I honestly am impressed with the rosters this year. There are a lot of prospects (more than I think we’ve ever seen at launch). With that being said. My first initial franchise was kind of a test… but I kinda enjoy the way it’s going that I may continue it for awhile!

I decide to start a franchise with the Reds. This was gonna be a test for new scouting/drafting system.

First year, I barely played any games. Pretty much simulated it all so I could go through the draft process. After I gotta say, I love the new scouting/drafting/signing process. Such a new look and feel, definitely improve. Ended up with (what I think will be) 2 pretty good starting pitchers, a serviceable outfielder and a catcher who may get some time in the majors far down the road. But I guess it’s too early to tell, which is awesome.

I’m going to continue this franchise until Full Minors comes out and then start one where I’ll try to play all 162.

GREEN BAY PACKERS

MILWAUKEE BUCKS

WISCONSIN BADGERS
Old 03-24-2023, 11:04 AM   #3
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Cardinals win their Spring Training opener over the Nationals

The Cardinals got the 2023 Spring Training season off to a good start by defeating the Nationals 8-5 on Saturday afternoon.

The Cardinals put up 13 hits with those 8 runs and were led by Juan Yepez who was 3 for 3 with a double and 2 RBIs. Dylan Carlson, Tommy Edman and Paul Goldschmidt also collected multiple hits on the day and each drove in runs.

Adam Wainwright took the ball to start and went 2 innings giving up 1 hit, 2 walks and recorded 2 strikeouts. Jojo Romero would get the W although he benefitted from the Cards bats coming alive in the 5th inning.

Drew Van Hagen, Jordan Hicks, and Ryan Helsley eached pitched perfect innings to secure the win.

The Cardinals will play visitor to the Marlins on Sunday.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 03-24-2023, 11:43 AM   #4
Rookie

dragster646's Arena

Not sure if I should keep posting my Nationals franchise in the '22 thread or start using this one...
Old 03-24-2023, 11:47 AM   #5
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragster646
Not sure if I should keep posting my Nationals franchise in the '22 thread or start using this one...
Use this one!

All franchises are welcome!

I didn't start the thread, but I don't see an issue with it. We did it last year.

And if Steve says boo about it, well I'll just send him a letter...

Please don't ban me Steve

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-24-2023, 12:32 PM   #6
MVP

Jeffrey Smith's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
Cardinals win their Spring Training opener over the Nationals

The Cardinals got the 2023 Spring Training season off to a good start by defeating the Nationals 8-5 on Saturday afternoon.

The Cardinals put up 13 hits with those 8 runs and were led by Juan Yepez who was 3 for 3 with a double and 2 RBIs. Dylan Carlson, Tommy Edman and Paul Goldschmidt also collected multiple hits on the day and each drove in runs.

Adam Wainwright took the ball to start and went 2 innings giving up 1 hit, 2 walks and recorded 2 strikeouts. Jojo Romero would get the W although he benefitted from the Cards bats coming alive in the 5th inning.

Drew Van Hagen, Jordan Hicks, and Ryan Helsley eached pitched perfect innings to secure the win.

The Cardinals will play visitor to the Marlins on Sunday.

Country Boy, just curious what you did with the missing players in the default roster? Did tou create Tatis and the Japanese imports, or are you just rolling without them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
NBA: TORONTO RAPTORS
Old 03-24-2023, 12:54 PM   #7
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffrey Smith
Country Boy, just curious what you did with the missing players in the default roster? Did tou create Tatis and the Japanese imports, or are you just rolling without them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I roll without them. I don't like creating missing players due to a) not being able to generate their career stats and b) because I don't like having to rate guys/create attributes.

What I do is add in draft classes after the first season. I don't re-rate players or anything, just change name and likeness.

Last year was the only time that I made roster changes to the default/launch day rosters, simply because marquee players were in the game as free agents.

Old 03-24-2023, 01:52 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

Caulfield's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
I roll without them. I don't like creating missing players due to a) not being able to generate their career stats and b) because I don't like having to rate guys/create attributes.

What I do is add in draft classes after the first season. I don't re-rate players or anything, just change name and likeness.

Last year was the only time that I made roster changes to the default/launch day rosters, simply because marquee players were in the game as free agents.
same. I didnt miss Cano last year, I wont miss Tatis this year.
if these guys want the honor of being in my franchise, they gotta start doing the honorable thing and treat the game with more respect. I got 3000 other guys more willing to do the right thing, I'm not gonna miss a handful of bad apples

A Work in Progress

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »