Home

Old 04-27-2024, 08:35 PM   #19409
Hall Of Fame

Master Live 013's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: MLB Off-Topic

What exactly does he do and what is "his streak"?
Old 04-27-2024, 10:11 PM   #19410
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Live 013
What exactly does he do and what is "his streak"?
He's a ballhawk. He goes to games, arrives early for batting practice, and his goal is to get as many balls as he can. He'll catch ones that are hit, thrown, not caught by others, and use devices to pick unreachable ones out. He stays for the game as well obviously, but his footage prominence is about the balls he can snag.

His streak was something like 1000+ games having gotten a ball hit or thrown to him, whether in BP or in game, and has retrieved over 10,000 baseballs in MLB games in total. He was the one who famously caught two home run balls at Coors Field in the same game (maybe the same inning?).

His videos are fun to watch, though. He shows many intricacies of stadiums that I don't get to see if I haven't been there, especially in the outfield area. It's cool when he calls out to guys like Mike Trout and he'll go to him and say what's up. I think he's perhaps outgrown what he started off as at the time, kind of like Green Day trying to look like how they once did 30 years ago lol, but I think any so-called notoriety that he has adds to the flair of some of his videos as well.

Once again though, I haven't seen any of his videos in over a year, but I think it's overall pretty harmless and YouTube is a good platform for him to showcase it on.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 04-28-2024, 08:26 PM   #19411
Hall Of Fame

Master Live 013's Arena

Quote:
The union informed players of the coming changes in a letter that placed the blame on Nike and the debut of its Vapor Premier uniform, which was advertised for its superior performance but remains disliked by players.

"This has been entirely a Nike issue," the memo to players said. "At its core, what has happened here is that Nike was innovating something that didn't need to be innovated."

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/...aints-per-memo

Damn, take that Nike.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-30-2024, 01:24 PM   #19412
Hall Of Fame

reyes the roof's Arena

OVR: 6

I was hoping the reason I haven’t seen the Mets wear any alternate jerseys yet this year besides city connect was because they’re trying to look like less of a bush league organization..but it turns out Fanatics just hasn’t shipped them their alternate pants yet
Old 04-30-2024, 04:32 PM   #19413
Keep the Faith

TripleCrown9's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by reyes the roof
I was hoping the reason I haven’t seen the Mets wear any alternate jerseys yet this year besides city connect was because they’re trying to look like less of a bush league organization..but it turns out Fanatics just hasn’t shipped them their alternate pants yet
The Mariners don't have their Sunday uniforms. The Cardinals are missing one of their alternates (can't remember if it's the creams or the blues).

Several teams are missing alternates. The Fanatics move has overall been a complete disaster.
Old 04-30-2024, 05:25 PM   #19414

Majingir's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by reyes the roof
Seems to be a yearly thing.

When Jays first debuted their new alternates a few years ago they couldn't wear them for a while because the team never even got the jerseys.

All these problems just point at Nike more than anything.
Old 04-30-2024, 10:26 PM   #19415

Majingir's Arena

OVR: 22

Manfred touring the Rogers Centre today.

Probably not the best game for the Jays to showcase the stadium.....A Tuesday evening game against KC, that's not exactly a big crowd drawer.

Either way, the speculation is that he's here checking out all the new changes (maybe even changes from last season too depending when on the last time he came here) for a potential 2027ASG.

All these new changes in the stadium and 2027 would be the Jays 50th anniversary, makes perfect sense.

Wonder if there's even any player in that game who'd have even been born last time the Jays hosted an ASG (they'd be 36 by then).

Perfect scenario is good weather so the roof is open, especially for the HRD so balls will fly. Given this city's history with big events, it's probably raining all week.

Last edited by Majingir; 04-30-2024 at 10:30 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-01-2024, 01:26 PM   #19416
Horror Movie Guru

Dead2009's Arena

https://www.mlb.com/news/grayson-rod...r-inflammation

Oh no

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball »