Home

Madden NFL 17: Play the Moments Is Better Than You Expect

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 17: Play the Moments Is Better Than You Expect within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-21-2016, 03:03 PM   #57
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: Madden NFL 17: Play the Moments Is Better Than You Expect

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicl8t
PTM still has some issues:

1. HB run for 4 or 5 yard gains far too frequently, and not enough 0, 1, 2, or 20+ yard runs. Because of this, in short yardage situations, running plays are successful 95% of the time.
2. Thrown-to stat is not recorded (as mentioned in the article)
3. Penalties are infrequent. However maxing out the penalty sliders seems to help.

My main peeve is #1. Anyone have a solution for it?
#1 is kinda funny though, I did PTM vs the Vikes in my Jets CFM and Peterson had something like 13 straight 5 yard runs to score a TD on their opening drive. Couldn't help but laugh.

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet
Old 10-22-2016, 04:43 PM   #58
Did I do that???

mrCPUgeek's Arena

OVR: 0

What would be cool for me is if you could do all offense and PTM on defense. Game would go quicker and I'm not big on playing D.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-24-2016, 09:17 AM   #59
Rookie

Does anyone else have issues with only one RB getting all the carries? In PTM, I find my starting RB finishing with 30+ carries and my back up with 0.
Old 10-24-2016, 11:46 AM   #60
MVP

mjavon's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteezyKen
Does anyone else have issues with only one RB getting all the carries? In PTM, I find my starting RB finishing with 30+ carries and my back up with 0.
One workaround is to use formation subs to stick your HB2 into a handful of different formations. They'll get some touches then.
Old 10-24-2016, 11:51 AM   #61
Go Pack Go!!

NateDogPack12's Arena

I notice that as the Packers, I have almost NO big plays on offense. My longest play to end a season will be like 32-yards. This may have to do with the McCarthy playbook. Anyone else have experience with this?

I do love that you can configure your formation subs and play the moment will account for them. It's a great way to get your rotational guys on the field.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-27-2016, 07:20 AM   #62
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrCPUgeek
What would be cool for me is if you could do all offense and PTM on defense. Game would go quicker and I'm not big on playing D.

I skip a lot of moments because I'm not a great play caller. To the point where I eventually just go full on CPU vs CPU lol

Old 01-06-2017, 09:17 AM   #63
Rookie

OVR: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by T5063
I like the mode overall but I'm seeing weird things like the CPU RB running the ball for 5-6 plays straight without even subbing for their backup... any way to fix this?

Also, XPs should be 'play the moment'. Deciding to go for one or two is a big thing IMO.
As someone mentioned in another thread, fatigue must be set to around 75-80 for more realistic number of carries. Mine is set to that and I typically see accurate run stats
Old 01-07-2017, 08:06 PM   #64
MVP

Bondsfan's Arena

OVR: 8

Play the Moment saved Madden for me. Every year I would play one or two seasons until All Pro got too easy. Then Id get frustrated playing All Madden and just quit and sell the game. With play the moment, not only can I get through seasons much faster (the draft is my favorite part of the game anyways), but also the fact that the game relies on sim makes the difficulty level less of a big deal. Im now in 2033, and played the first 13 years on all Pro. I switched to All Madden, and just won the Super Bowl on a last sec play.

I "play the moment" every game except the super bowl. Playing the super bowl, complete game on all madden actually made it feel like a great challenge, which it should, its the super bowl! Winning hat game, on all madden, may have been my favorite madden moment in the past 20 years of buying this game.

I have to give credit to the developers. PTM was so well integrated, and the difficulty levels this year are much better (all pro is a little harder than it used to be and all madden is a little easier, or at least less cheesy). With these changes, Ive played this game this year for more hours than the last five versions combined. This dev team has definitely won me over.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »