Home

Madden NFL 17: Play the Moments Is Better Than You Expect

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 17: Play the Moments Is Better Than You Expect within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-24-2016, 03:04 PM   #25
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

OVR: 50
Re: Madden NFL 17: Play the Moments Is Better Than You Expect

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjburrage
I think you get injuries in all speeds.
Just that if you use Fast or Normal - it uses the Sim Engine so includes O-Line Injuries. With Slow using the Game Engine it only has Skill Player Injuries.
Que? You are talking about the sim speed in Play of The Moment feature, right? why would the sim speed impact injuries?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2016, 03:04 PM   #26
Did I do that???

mrCPUgeek's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenglund
As someone already noted, is it basically the same as Supersim? For the past couple of years, since I have less time to play, I've played offense-only and supersimmed defense.

I've had pretty decent results with that. Just wondering if this brings anything more to the table than Supersim. Thanks!
I did that last year some too, but sometimes I would accidently supersim my offense too. So, that is one thing this does help prevent.

Also, it has a much nicer feel to it to me than last year. Much easier to watch the events fold out and keep up.

Last edited by mrCPUgeek; 08-24-2016 at 03:07 PM.
Old 08-24-2016, 03:45 PM   #27
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenglund
As someone already noted, is it basically the same as Supersim? For the past couple of years, since I have less time to play, I've played offense-only and supersimmed defense.

I've had pretty decent results with that. Just wondering if this brings anything more to the table than Supersim. Thanks!
In theory it's the same. But every super sim engine prior to this year has been dreadful. I'm impressed if you received realistics stats simming in prior versions. The fact is now it works - works really well - and creates scenarios where YOU don't have to manually initiate offense/defense only. It does it for you. Also as mentioned - the moments option works really well.
Old 08-24-2016, 04:21 PM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandwin
Que? You are talking about the sim speed in Play of The Moment feature, right? why would the sim speed impact injuries?
Yes, because there are 3 speed options of Play the Moment - Fast - Jump ahead as quickly as possible - and Normal - See details of every play - use the New Super Sim Engine that enables it to use dice rolls to determine injuries so means that Offensive Lineman can get injured.

Slow - Watch each play using the Broadcast Camera - is basically a spectator mode, with the CPU playing the game against itself until the moments pop up. One of the limitations with the Game Engine is that it determines injuries based on animations and tackles, therefore Offensive Lineman are unlikely to get injuries unless there is a fumble/interception and they get involved in the play from there.

Hence why in the article the writer mentions about Offensive Lineman getting injured at Fast and Normal speed. The user I responded to asked a question about whether injuries happened on Slow as it wasn't clear from the section of the article and I expanded on it.
Old 08-24-2016, 05:21 PM   #29
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjburrage
Yes, because there are 3 speed options of Play the Moment - Fast - Jump ahead as quickly as possible - and Normal - See details of every play - use the New Super Sim Engine that enables it to use dice rolls to determine injuries so means that Offensive Lineman can get injured.

Slow - Watch each play using the Broadcast Camera - is basically a spectator mode, with the CPU playing the game against itself until the moments pop up. One of the limitations with the Game Engine is that it determines injuries based on animations and tackles, therefore Offensive Lineman are unlikely to get injuries unless there is a fumble/interception and they get involved in the play from there.

Hence why in the article the writer mentions about Offensive Lineman getting injured at Fast and Normal speed. The user I responded to asked a question about whether injuries happened on Slow as it wasn't clear from the section of the article and I expanded on it.
I didn't realize that with slow. Thank you for explaining.
Old 08-24-2016, 06:27 PM   #30
Rookie

OVR: 0
Much better than I expected. Just the right amount of "moments" and excellent simulation stats when you're not playing. Allows for great Broadcast coverage.
Old 08-24-2016, 06:42 PM   #31
MVP

TheDutchDad's Arena

OVR: 12

One of my favorite new features. As a dad, work full time, wife, house, etc, this is a god send. I was able to use my little time I had last night after release to get 6 weeks into my CFM. At this pace, I'll actually be able to finish a good junk of seasons and develop drafted players. So fun!
Old 08-24-2016, 07:01 PM   #32
Rookie

slick1ru2's Arena

OVR: 4

So far, it's the only way I can win a game. I sabotage myself otherwise.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »