Home

Madden NFL 17: Play the Moments Is Better Than You Expect

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 17: Play the Moments Is Better Than You Expect within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-29-2016, 03:25 PM   #49
Rookie

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjwhite001
Does anybody know if this play the moment mode or slow sim mode is in PS3 version?
Nope, XB1/PS4 only.
Old 08-29-2016, 08:00 PM   #50
Just started!

PTM still has some issues:

1. HB run for 4 or 5 yard gains far too frequently, and not enough 0, 1, 2, or 20+ yard runs. Because of this, in short yardage situations, running plays are successful 95% of the time.
2. Thrown-to stat is not recorded (as mentioned in the article)
3. Penalties are infrequent. However maxing out the penalty sliders seems to help.

My main peeve is #1. Anyone have a solution for it?
Old 08-30-2016, 11:23 AM   #51
Pro

T5063's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Madden NFL 17: Play the Moments Is Better Than You Expect

I like the mode overall but I'm seeing weird things like the CPU RB running the ball for 5-6 plays straight without even subbing for their backup... any way to fix this?

Also, XPs should be 'play the moment'. Deciding to go for one or two is a big thing IMO.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2016, 12:34 PM   #52
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

OVR: 22
Madden NFL 17: Play the Moments Is Better Than You Expect

Quote:
Originally Posted by extremeskins04
This feature is fantastic and I love how you still get ALL injuries because it's technically simming but visually. It's perfect for us coach mode or cpu v cpu guys.

Definitely this. Being i know that coaches don't call every play on both sides of the ball, play the moments cpu vs CPU on slow speed is what coach mode should be!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-04-2016, 04:03 PM   #53
MVP

OVR: 3
@All -

Was wondering if I could use "Play the Moment" and hop into the game and ONLY play offense (for the entire game) and let "Play the Moment" engine kick in for defense? Is that possible?
Old 09-04-2016, 05:38 PM   #54
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Madden NFL 17: Play the Moments Is Better Than You Expect

Loving this mode but made a thread about RB attempts being way to high. Like 30-38 very single game for the RB1.
Old 09-07-2016, 10:08 AM   #55
Banned

I was so wrong about this. I mean, I guess I was right in that you could just do this with old super sim and by paying attention, but PTM is in point, fast, and fun.

I was wrong.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-21-2016, 01:37 PM   #56
Rookie

Play The Moments is an amazing feature to me. The way that I play, is I start every game normal without play the moments, I play the first offensive and defensive series every game, then do play the moments for the rest of the game. I love it because you get to play and have an impact in the game, but your also simming and it gives you an idea of how your team plays without you. Not only that but you see injuries to linemen in which you would not see if you were playing the full game. It is quick, fun and for those who like to see how their team they put together (seasons down the road) plays its great. I am at the midway point as the Panthers owner in year 1, we are 6-2, have the 3rd best defense, and 21st in offense. The statistics are great. I just wish I coukd figure out auto subs because I had one game where Stewart ran the ball 31 times, and Newton ran it 6 and tolbert ran it twice, but no other backs got carries. I would like to have it where Stewart runs 20-24 and Artis Payne runs 5-8. But all in all it is a GREAT way to play. I used to play 6 games and simukate the rest in my franchises but this is 10 times better.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »