Home

Konami's Making Power Pros 2016 (PS4/PS3/Vita) & Pro Yakyuu Spirits Ace (iOS/Android)

This is a discussion on Konami's Making Power Pros 2016 (PS4/PS3/Vita) & Pro Yakyuu Spirits Ace (iOS/Android) within the Other Baseball Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 05-31-2016, 03:07 AM   #257
MVP

strawberryshortcake's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Konami's Making Power Pros 2016 (PS4/PS3/Vita) & Pro Yakyuu Spirits Ace (iOS/Andr

Different concern. Is there a way to get a "clean" screen? To remove the balls/strikes/foul indicators, but especially the players on screen information (name, special abilities, etc) for both batters and pitchers.
Madden/Live Animations Walking, Throwing
Old 05-31-2016, 07:50 AM   #258
Rookie

Shadak's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Konami's Making Power Pros 2016 (PS4/PS3/Vita) & Pro Yakyuu Spirits Ace (iOS/Andr

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberryshortcake
Different concern. Is there a way to get a "clean" screen? To remove the balls/strikes/foul indicators, but especially the players on screen information (name, special abilities, etc) for both batters and pitchers.
strikes/balls I think will stay there but there is options in Pitching/Batting that remove some information. And also one of the last menus in settings is stats and you can hide name, special skill, graphs, pitch speed gauge etc.
Old 05-31-2016, 01:20 PM   #259
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadak
strikes/balls I think will stay there but there is options in Pitching/Batting that remove some information. And also one of the last menus in settings is stats and you can hide name, special skill, graphs, pitch speed gauge etc.
Are you personally able to do it yourself? I know I can do with with Pro Yakyuu Spirits 2015, but with Jikkyou, I'm not sure how to go about doing it. Do you have a screenshot of either it in action or the exact location for the option to turn off the pitching/batting on-screen information?
Old 05-31-2016, 02:15 PM   #260
Rookie

Shadak's Arena

ummm sorry for some reason I thought you were talking about PYS2015
Old 05-31-2016, 02:35 PM   #261
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadak
ummm sorry for some reason I thought you were talking about PYS2015
No worries. Honest mistake considering I was talking a lot about PYS a few post back, so it's definitely understandable.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-31-2016, 07:51 PM   #262
Rookie

Spirits Translation's Arena

In Match Settings page 3 - 2nd option the last two will show either ratings or stats then fade out. I haven't tested out all 5 settings so you'll have to experiment to figure out which one you like best.

PawaTranslation.com

SpiritsTranslation.com
Old 06-01-2016, 05:13 PM   #263
graphic artist

C.J.S.'s Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberryshortcake
this is what i did too in PYS. i hate all that junk on screen.
Old 06-01-2016, 07:49 PM   #264
MVP

Is there a way to fully customize the players ratings, attributes and abilities (i.e. change a player's throwing motion, or change his pitching arm from right to left, if I want the pitcher to have a curve ball who doesn't have it, is it possible for me to give him that ability? I know I can rename players (i.e. Clayton Kershaw, Madison Bumgarner, etc), and change their appearance (i.e. eyes, color of skin, etc), but what about actual baseball attributes/abilities that affect the actual gameplay?

I'm essentially trying to recreate the MLB and customize the rosters to meet the current MLB roster. I've already manage to recreate the uniforms for all 30 teams (requiring me to customize the actual colors, because some of the available default colors didn't look right. Sometimes I had to deviate with small details to the uniform to make them look more polish given the limited amount of body part customization space available. I'm still tweaking the uniform palette for all teams, adjustment is still a work in progress.

Plus there isn't a logo creator, so I had to improvise.

I know these MLB teams will only be playable during exhibition mode, and possibly only importing 4 total custom made team into franchise mode (at least I think Jyoung said there was a maximum of 4 custom teams that one could bring into NPB franchise mode, or was it more than 4 custom teams?). My wishlist for Jikkyou would be to allow the user to create their own league. That would be the next step: Either recreate the MLB with multiple seasons ongoing (30 years, 50 years, or forever years) or completely mesh the NPB and MLB together to create a sort of master league. One can only hope.

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.J.S.
this is what i did too in PYS. i hate all that junk on screen.
PYS is still such an amazing game. PYS is still an extremely difficult game on rookie, which is absolutely fantastic still. Finding it still challenging on beginner mode simply means the game will stand the test of time as far as having a competitive CPU.

In addition to the fantastic bat-ball-turf physics, one absolutely great thing about both games is the pitching mechanics, which into itself is able to counter bunts. In MLB16, once you decide on a pitch location, your stuck. PYS and Jikkyou allows you still to make last microsecond pitch location decisions independent of the pitch you've selected just like it is in real life.

If only somehow Konami (or someone else) would bring the engine stateside, despite what may have happened in the past with MLB Power Pros or MLB Bobbleheads. Major League Baseball truly deserves Konami's baseball engine right now. If Microsoft actually secures the rights to the engine, I would honestly jump ship and fully go xbox. As it stands, theShow no longer brings me the same joy. Mlb16 may very well be my last MLBtheShow.

I've been getting better at Jikkyou. Either I'm getting better at Konami baseball, or it's easier to hit in Jikkyou (at least on the default level). But that one Jikkyou game could be an anomaly where I actually scored 7 runs in the 2nd inning after the other team routed me in the top half. I eventually lost 9-7. I failed to score any runs after the 2nd. Which is truly great. I thought I had mastered hitting on default level in that 2nd inning, but reality set back in, which is great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spirits Translation
In Match Settings page 3 - 2nd option the last two will show either ratings or stats then fade out. I haven't tested out all 5 settings so you'll have to experiment to figure out which one you like best.
Thanks. Found it. I guess it's the "best" available option at this time (the last two options, both of them worked the same). Batter/Pitcher hud would display for a brief moment, and disappears immediately before the first pitch and wouldn't return during the at-bat. However, once the next batter comes up to bat, the on-screen display sequence would rinse and repeat.

Would have preferred if it simply disappear for the entire game if possible (yes, I realize that players abilities are extremely meaningful and is essentially what drives the game, but I would have like to have "discovered" each players ability while playing so to speak. If a batter is a speedy, I'll eventually figure it out, etc.

Last edited by strawberryshortcake; 06-01-2016 at 08:21 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games »