Home

Konami's Making Power Pros 2016 (PS4/PS3/Vita) & Pro Yakyuu Spirits Ace (iOS/Android)

This is a discussion on Konami's Making Power Pros 2016 (PS4/PS3/Vita) & Pro Yakyuu Spirits Ace (iOS/Android) within the Other Baseball Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 05-09-2016, 06:56 PM   #233
Rookie

Shadak's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Konami's Making Power Pros 2016 (PS4/PS3/Vita) & Pro Yakyuu Spirits Ace (iOS/Andr

Cursor setting is under batting options (for cursor changes when batting).
I started with Fade and increased pitch speed to still make it challenging.

As for previous versions, that would just be as a collectors items yes
Old 05-12-2016, 02:16 PM   #234
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Konami's Making Power Pros 2016 (PS4/PS3/Vita) & Pro Yakyuu Spirits Ace (iOS/Andr

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyoung
Yes, but there was a licensed MLB version called MLB Bobblehead Pros if you prefer to play with that league on PS3:

Looks like it goes for $8 on Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/MLB-Bobblehead...=operasport-20

This disc version is the only way to buy the game now since the digital version was removed from PSN and XBLA once Konami's licensing agreement with MLB expired.
I just said screw it and bought it. It's only $8.xx. Thanks for the heads up.
Old 05-15-2016, 11:44 PM   #235
graphic artist

C.J.S.'s Arena

iv'e been playing success because it's free on psn.

i enjoy it more than MLB the show.

now if i could just read it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-16-2016, 04:29 AM   #236
Rookie

Shadak's Arena

Dont want to digress but I find japanese language really interesting. Tried numerous times to dive into it, learned parts of their "alphabet" but something always came up that stopped me from progressing sadly... It doesnt push you as much when you dont actually use the language actively. And I assume it would take quite a lot of time to actually be able to tell what the commentators were saying for example.
Old 05-16-2016, 06:22 PM   #237
graphic artist

C.J.S.'s Arena

well, i can't read success but i understand the function of it, so i try to build my team and win games.

watching youtube video helps too.

i have rosetta stone been doing some japanese on it.

Last edited by C.J.S.; 05-16-2016 at 06:39 PM.
Old 05-16-2016, 08:55 PM   #238
MVP

strawberryshortcake's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.J.S.
well, i can't read success but i understand the function of it, so i try to build my team and win games.

watching youtube video helps too.

i have rosetta stone been doing some japanese on it.
What about the google translate app for ipad/iOS or android? That's what I'm using to get a handle on Pro Yakyuu Spirits 06/and 2015. It's not the greatest but it's something.
Madden/Live Animations Walking, Throwing
Old 05-16-2016, 10:43 PM   #239
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

Success mode has tons of text. It's basically an RPG with baseball matches replacing the random battles.

Google translate is fine for navigating menus, but not good enough to make sense of full sentences.

You're better off buying Power Pros 2008 for PS2 if you want to play Success mode IMO.
Old 05-20-2016, 01:51 PM   #240
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

Here's a walkthrough of everything you need to know to play the new Powerful Festival mode:

I thought it was going to have lots of story like Success mode but it's actually pretty straightforward and easy to learn. I've had a lot of fun playing it aside from the settings restrictions it places on your pitching and hitting cursors. The hitting assist is completely turned off, plus you don't get the option to remove the baseball icon and the white background from the shrinking circle if you choose to pitch on 2-button mode. Because of that, I'm not hitting or pitching nearly as well in this mode as I have been in versus and season modes.

Last edited by jyoung; 05-20-2016 at 02:07 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games »