Home

MLB The Show 16 OSFM HYBRID V1 Roster Available Now

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 16 OSFM HYBRID V1 Roster Available Now within the MLB The Show Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 05-27-2016, 01:28 AM   #217
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: 2016 OSFM HYBRID V1 (official release thread)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willard76
How I Use 30 Team Control

Many have asked, and for myself being a guy who in the past only like using single team control, it took some adjustment and playing around to find setting for 30 team control I liked.

1. Set up 2 Profiles, 1 for your team, 1 for CPU teams

2. Profile 1, I set everything up on Manual Control to start the season

3. Profile 2 is a mimic of Profile 1 for Spring Training, then I transfer everything but lineups and 40 man to AUTO, (this way you can move players up and down to your roster through spring training and not lose guys on waivers)

4. Start your franchise - leave CPU trades turned ON (more about this later)

5. Play spring training - no injuries will happen unless you turn on injuries, you can move about 5 players up and down per day, they will use up one of their options but you won't loose them to another team - just make sure you move the player to AAA before taking them off the 40 to make room for your call up

6. At the end of spring training make sure you set your proper 40 man roster, then change Profile 2 to Auto for all categories

7.Every day during the season, scan through proposed trades and veto any bad trades the CPU makes, also sim every game but your teams and then scores will appear on the scoreboards as if they were happening at that time period.

That's about it! (I think)
With which profile do you play during spring training? Profile 1 or 2, and which do u use after spring training?
Old 05-27-2016, 02:59 AM   #218
Go Cubs Go

WaitTilNextYear's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: MLB The Show 16 OSFM HYBRID V1 Roster Available Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisac
Willard/WTNY
You guys may want to look look at some of your OF'S
Im using your guys roster (awesome by the way) to make a current 25man and Ive noticed more than a handful of OF'S who throw lefty are throwing righty in Roster
Ellsbury and Gardner come to mind
Just a FYI
Great work again and
Willard you and your family are in mine and my wifes prayers!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jermars666
On the topic of handedness... In free agents I noticed Josh Wall as L/L. He is R/R I know so minor and I have no idea why I noticed. But just a fyi.
Just finished checking our roster looking for any incorrect handedness issues after seeing these above quoted posts, and it looks like there aren't any other errors aside from Logan Morrison should throw lefty.

So, there's no need to restart a franchise or wait for a new version, you can just change Ellsbury, Gardner, and Morrison.

I'm not sure what happened with Josh Wall but he may have been like that in the roster update we started with since we didn't do much with free agents because they all retire at the end of year 1. Didn't make much sense to waste much effort on them.

I also fixed Kyle Higashioka thanks to a tip from ShowTyme. The Dayan Viciedo exorcism was successful and a clean version (no stats) of Higashioka is in the vault (PSN = KeepChooglin). You can import him in over the tainted version.
Old 05-27-2016, 07:39 AM   #219
MVP

bravesfan1984's Arena

OVR: 6

After running a quick sim last night, just to see what stats looked like, I have to say wow! Numbers looked great overall and looking over the standings, teams that are dominant in real life are dominant in the sim. The Cubs were unreal, but somehow lost in the NLDS...the curse lives with this roster too! LOL

Old 05-27-2016, 09:49 AM   #220
Sexiest Woman Alive!

Peji911's Arena

OVR: 17

I'm one of the few that need updated rosters when it comes to baseball as well.

Assuming all the guys are named properly, do you think this is something that is "easy to do"?

Also, anyone know the best source for transactions? I am not too worries about 25/40 man rosters, but more-so trades, signings, etc
Old 05-27-2016, 10:01 AM   #221
Rookie

IUThor40's Arena

Can you guys tell me what the latest SCEA roster update was used in your roster? So if I wanted to import new guys from the latest live rosters and relate to your ratings, I know where to start?

And I could do the same with guys like Holt, Ackley, etc. in order to recover eligibility, correct?

Thanks for the hard work and providing the community with this!
Indiana Pacers
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-27-2016, 10:31 AM   #222
MVP

Willard76's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by PleasedToMeetMe
With which profile do you play during spring training? Profile 1 or 2, and which do u use after spring training?

I switch all teams to Profile 1 during Spring then switch all but my team to Profile 2 at the end

Quote:
Originally Posted by bravesfan1984
After running a quick sim last night, just to see what stats looked like, I have to say wow! Numbers looked great overall and looking over the standings, teams that are dominant in real life are dominant in the sim. The Cubs were unreal, but somehow lost in the NLDS...the curse lives with this roster too! LOL

Thank you - my big beef was earlier in the thread people not doing this and looking straight at numbers! Wait til you use the players in game now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peji911
I'm one of the few that need updated rosters when it comes to baseball as well.

Assuming all the guys are named properly, do you think this is something that is "easy to do"?

Also, anyone know the best source for transactions? I am not too worries about 25/40 man rosters, but more-so trades, signings, etc

It is a lot of work. I think I may take the equipment updated roster and add in transactions. When I do it I cross reference between Baseball America Minor League Transactions and MLB.com Transactions

Quote:
Originally Posted by IUThor40
Can you guys tell me what the latest SCEA roster update was used in your roster? So if I wanted to import new guys from the latest live rosters and relate to your ratings, I know where to start?

And I could do the same with guys like Holt, Ackley, etc. in order to recover eligibility, correct?

I believe we used the release the day after OSFM was released. I will warn you of 3 things if doing this - transactions with our roster and a current release won't match up, and you will no longer have the ratings we did to SCEA players. As well importing is a very long and tedious process and if you aren't very careful you can end up losing players along the way.

OSFM BLUE JAYS Creator

Soundpack Contributor

Associate Creator and Godfather of the OSFM Hybrid Roster

follow me on twitter @billybrent
Old 05-27-2016, 11:05 AM   #223
Rookie

IUThor40's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willard76

I believe we used the release the day after OSFM was released. I will warn you of 3 things if doing this - transactions with our roster and a current release won't match up, and you will no longer have the ratings we did to SCEA players. As well importing is a very long and tedious process and if you aren't very careful you can end up losing players along the way.
Hmmm. Ok. Can someone remind me of the pros and cons of importing the SCEA players versus not?
Indiana Pacers
Old 05-27-2016, 11:09 AM   #224
Go Cubs Go

WaitTilNextYear's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by IUThor40

No, you can't simply import in new versions of SCEA players. If it were that easy....

What you'd have to do is re-import the entire roster of created players into a roster that already has Holt, Ackley, etc.. listed with correct secondary positions. Not really worth the effort for a half dozen or so players, imo, when you can work around this easily by editing their primary position from time to time if they're even on your team to begin with. Most of these "utility" players aren't starters anyway.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters »