Home

MLB The Show 16 OSFM HYBRID V1 Roster Available Now

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 16 OSFM HYBRID V1 Roster Available Now within the MLB The Show Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 05-26-2016, 05:22 PM   #209
Go Cubs Go

WaitTilNextYear's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: MLB The Show 16 OSFM HYBRID V1 Roster Available Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisac
Willard/WTNY
You guys may want to look look at some of your OF'S
Im using your guys roster (awesome by the way) to make a current 25man and Ive noticed more than a handful of OF'S who throw lefty are throwing righty in Roster
Ellsbury and Gardner come to mind
Just a FYI
Great work again and
Willard you and your family are in mine and my wifes prayers!
Thanks for pointing that out.

How this happens is that when editing positions (likely somebody was changing Ellsbury's secondary position from OF to LF because Ellsbury doesn't have anywhere near the arm for RF), scrolling by catcher automatically changes lefty throwers to righties to avoid lefty-throwing catchers. Clearly we should have caught this and changed them back to lefty with whoever was editing the Yankees. Thankfully, Sony has made handedness editable for SCEA players. In years past, a thing like this could have legitimately broken the roster (to use the most over-used term on the forums) because it was impossible to edit after screwing up.

If you find anyone else with an error in handedness, please post it here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattchu12
I don't know how I missed that, I should've searched. I thought I'd read every page, but yeah, no biggie. I was just curious if there was like a rating reason or something like that, maybe usage or retirement, before I made the changes similar to your suggestion. Love the roster as always.
No worries man. I am as disappointed as some of you guys are about reduced 'exotic' secondary positions in this roster, but that's the way the cookie crumbles sometimes. Nothing we can do unfortunately short of re-importing the entire roster which is not something I am upset enough about this issue to do.
Old 05-26-2016, 05:34 PM   #210
MVP

tonybologna's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaitTilNextYear

How this happens is that when editing positions (likely somebody was changing Ellsbury's secondary position from OF to LF because Ellsbury doesn't have anywhere near the arm for RF), scrolling by catcher automatically changes lefty throwers to righties to avoid lefty-throwing catchers. Clearly we should have caught this and changed them back to lefty with whoever was editing the Yankees. Thankfully, Sony has made handedness editable for SCEA players. In years past, a thing like this could have legitimately broken the roster (to use the most over-used term on the forums) because it was impossible to edit after screwing up.

I did not realize this could be done with SCEA created players. The bold above I'm referring to in changing handedness. I haven't really checked into this before but I did not know about this. When did SCEA start allowing this for their created players? This years version of the game or before that? Thanks!
NFL- GO COWBOYS
NHL- GO PREDATORS
NASCAR- Chase Elliott
MLS- LA Galaxy

RIP Pat Summitt: We will all miss you!

Jeremiah 29:11
Old 05-26-2016, 05:36 PM   #211
Go Cubs Go

WaitTilNextYear's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonybologna
I did not realize this could be done with SCEA created players. The bold above I'm referring to in changing handedness. I haven't really checked into this before but I did not know about this. When did SCEA start allowing this for their created players? This years version of the game or before that? Thanks!
I think this year actually. Maybe last year at the earliest. But it is a relatively new thing. I remember screwing up Ryan Ludwick's handedness when I started working on rosters 3 years ago and not being able to fix it scarred me for life.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-26-2016, 05:40 PM   #212
Rookie

jermars666's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:

No worries man. I am as disappointed as some of you guys are about reduced 'exotic' secondary positions in this roster, but that's the way the cookie crumbles sometimes. Nothing we can do unfortunately short of re-importing the entire roster which is not something I am upset enough about this issue to do.
On the topic of handedness... In free agents I noticed Josh Wall as L/L. He is R/R I know so minor and I have no idea why I noticed. But just a fyi.
Old 05-26-2016, 06:13 PM   #213
MVP

tonybologna's Arena

Quote:
I think this year actually. Maybe last year at the earliest. But it is a relatively new thing. I remember screwing up Ryan Ludwick's handedness when I started working on rosters 3 years ago and not being able to fix it scarred me for life.
I don't believe it was in 14 version. That was PS3 for me though on 14. But, Like I said, I never even looked into this because I figured it wouldn't even be possible since SCEA has always been strict on not being able to edit their created players. Thanks for letting me know buddy.
NFL- GO COWBOYS
NHL- GO PREDATORS
NASCAR- Chase Elliott
MLS- LA Galaxy

Old 05-26-2016, 06:59 PM   #214
MVP

Houston's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonybologna
I don't believe it was in 14 version. That was PS3 for me though on 14. But, Like I said, I never even looked into this because I figured it wouldn't even be possible since SCEA has always been strict on not being able to edit their created players. Thanks for letting me know buddy.
Lorne started allowing this in 2014 where we can change this ourselves offline instead of having to wait for them to do it in roster updates. The issue at first was Efren Navarro 1B L-L in 2014 but when you changed him to LF it got all screwed up making him R-R, but everyone else you were able to edit without any issues.
Old 05-26-2016, 07:13 PM   #215
MVP

tonybologna's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston
Lorne started allowing this in 2014 where we can change this ourselves offline instead of having to wait for them to do it in roster updates. The issue at first was Efren Navarro 1B L-L in 2014 but when you changed him to LF it got all screwed up making him R-R, but everyone else you were able to edit without any issues.
Gotcha. I thought it might not have been allowed until 15 but I didn't even notice we could do this anyhow until WTNY posted about it.
NFL- GO COWBOYS
NHL- GO PREDATORS
NASCAR- Chase Elliott
MLS- LA Galaxy

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-26-2016, 08:26 PM   #216
MVP

Willard76's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbacksfan23
I don't have the time to read through all 25 pages, so excuse me if this has been asked before, but how is it that some players in class A are rated higher than, or the same as proven MLB players? Ex: Alex Young rated the same as Rubby De La Rosa, and better than both Josh Collmenter and Tyler Wagner. He is also rated higher than top prospect Braden Shipley who is dominating at AAA right now.

Could be that Young has better pure stuff pitch wise where the other guys have made it further with better /9 stats which weigh less in overall

OSFM BLUE JAYS Creator

Soundpack Contributor

Associate Creator and Godfather of the OSFM Hybrid Roster

follow me on twitter @billybrent

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters »