Home

MLB The Show 16 OSFM HYBRID V1 Roster Available Now

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 16 OSFM HYBRID V1 Roster Available Now within the MLB The Show Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 05-26-2016, 12:56 PM   #193
TOMBA IS ONLINE

Tomba's Arena

OVR: 65
Icon14 Re: MLB The Show 16 OSFM HYBRID V1 Roster Available Now

using this roster you can SEE the difference. equip and animation pitching all look realistic.

This is a GREAT roster thank you for making it
Old 05-26-2016, 12:59 PM   #194
Go Cubs Go

WaitTilNextYear's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: MLB The Show 16 OSFM HYBRID V1 Roster Available Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Threeebs
LMAO spare me... I personally dont need any explanation. Just stating what I'm observing. You're taking this the wrong way.

This roster thread is doing exactly what it's intended to do, provoking observation, curiosity, discussion and questions. This is why I signed up quite frankly. It doesn't have to be created for my enjoyment. I'm just saying I like conversation on aspects of the thread within the thread rather than just jerking you off over the roster, know what I'm saying?

Healthy debate and good conversation is good for the mind my friend. It keeps you on your toes and keeps your brain functioning at a high level. I have no gripes with your roster. projections are projections. Just dont get so uptight when someone wants to talk about something within your roster. Other then that, you're doing alright. And if you really need it... Good job on the roster boys. The thought of doing a project like this has always crossed my mind, problem is life and work would never allow me to do something this vast and then get to be able to enjoy it...
1. Your initial tone was accusatory (you guys don't seem to know what you're doing! let AC come to everyone's rescue!), so it's more of a what you're putting out there issue as opposed to what you're getting back. If I recall, you got banned about this time last year for crossing the line with something similar and going off on someone who had sort of done their "own Hybrid roster." Sometimes, I struggle with tone also, so I can at least empathize.

2. No, this thread's main purpose is actually not discussion; it's to notify people that this roster is out there for them to use. All of the "discussion" is ancillary to that. For you, the main purpose might be discussion, but for the makers of the roster, it's the finish line not the beginning of some grand discussion.

3. If/when you do get around to that roster, and you do have people coming out of the woodwork to ask you the same questions over and over (and in some cases just flat troll you), I will be there to say the same thing. Take it easy
Old 05-26-2016, 01:15 PM   #195
Rookie

Threeebs's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaitTilNextYear
1. Your initial tone was accusatory (you guys don't seem to know what you're doing! let AC come to everyone's rescue!), so it's more of a what you're putting out there issue as opposed to what you're getting back. If I recall, you got banned about this time last year for crossing the line with something similar and going off on someone who had sort of done their "own Hybrid roster." Sometimes, I struggle with tone also, so I can at least empathize.

2. No, this thread's main purpose is actually not discussion; it's to notify people that this roster is out there for them to use. All of the "discussion" is ancillary to that. For you, the main purpose might be discussion, but for the makers of the roster, it's the finish line not the beginning of some grand discussion.

3. If/when you do get around to that roster, and you do have people coming out of the woodwork to ask you the same questions over and over (and in some cases just flat troll you), I will be there to say the same thing. Take it easy

I see where you're coming from brother. Even as I was writing the AC thing I had a feeling it was going to come across as indifferent. What I should have said was those with questions about steamer should ask AC because he's offered his hand at answering those questions.

Ya about that incident last year... I didn't like how that particular gentleman was reacting to those who asked politely to change his roster name. He acted like an entitled classless fool and when I see things like that it irritates me so I tried to put him in his place, which I shouldn't have. I learned my lesson lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-26-2016, 01:30 PM   #196
Go Cubs Go

WaitTilNextYear's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Threeebs
I see where you're coming from brother. Even as I was writing the AC thing I had a feeling it was going to come across as indifferent. What I should have said was those with questions about steamer should ask AC because he's offered his hand at answering those questions.

Ya about that incident last year... I didn't like how that particular gentleman was reacting to those who asked politely to change his roster name. He acted like an entitled classless fool and when I see things like that it irritates me so I tried to put him in his place, which I shouldn't have. I learned my lesson lol
No doubt, AC is knowledgeable about baseball statistics. We have had many a discussion going back several years mostly in the trade discussion forum. He's also just young enough to have been immersed in advanced stats as his baseball acumen was "gestating" lol. Unlike us "old-timers", who were raised on baseball cards and triple crown stats who have had to evolve from that. I do think that a "let me answer how projections work" would be a good idea for its own separate thread though. The underlying sentiment is a good one, but it would get really messy (probably even more testy in here if that's possible) in trying to make this into a multi-purpose thread like that.

Last edited by WaitTilNextYear; 05-26-2016 at 01:40 PM.
Old 05-26-2016, 01:37 PM   #197
Go Cubs Go

WaitTilNextYear's Arena

Just an aside, just wanted to say we've reached 2706+ downloads in just 4 days. I don't pay much heed to the rating % because Sony went and messed that up by allowing unlimited votes, but sorting by that we are #1 (it's a crime that OSFM isn't, imo). Anyhow, that's a pretty impressive number of downloads and it's quite satisfying to know that after plugging away for several months and fending off aggressive questioning, there are people probably getting some serious use/enjoyment out of this. Hope that some of you who held off for this roster are really starting to sink your teeth into this game now and have fun with it.
Old 05-26-2016, 01:42 PM   #198
Rookie

OVR: 0

Need help please, as I am from Europe and my native language is not English. I really do not understand this 30team control, so could I use this roster if I only control 1 team? What happens then?
Old 05-26-2016, 01:47 PM   #199
Go Cubs Go

WaitTilNextYear's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by PleasedToMeetMe
Need help please, as I am from Europe and my native language is not English. I really do not understand this 30team control, so could I use this roster if I only control 1 team? What happens then?
I'd suggest you go here: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...m-control.html

I think the people in that thread know the most about 30-team control.

I don't think it really matters whether you use 30-team or 1-team control as far as being able to use this roster, but there's no substitute for trying it out and seeing how it goes.
Old 05-26-2016, 02:36 PM   #200
Rookie

OVR: 0

I don't have the time to read through all 25 pages, so excuse me if this has been asked before, but how is it that some players in class A are rated higher than, or the same as proven MLB players? Ex: Alex Young rated the same as Rubby De La Rosa, and better than both Josh Collmenter and Tyler Wagner. He is also rated higher than top prospect Braden Shipley who is dominating at AAA right now.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters »