Home

MLB The Show 16 OSFM HYBRID V1 Roster Available Now

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 16 OSFM HYBRID V1 Roster Available Now within the MLB The Show Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 05-25-2016, 09:37 PM   #177
Go Cubs Go

WaitTilNextYear's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: MLB The Show 16 OSFM HYBRID V1 Roster Available Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynasty Legend 99
So.......

Budgets On or OFF?

Will teams be able to re-sign their guys and what not or am I better off turning it off?
I addressed this in post #154 of this thread.

And in post #142.
Old 05-25-2016, 09:48 PM   #178
Rookie

Dynasty Legend 99's Arena

OVR: 0

Apologies WTNY, Couldn't seem to find the Needle in a haystack of ratings comments.

All jokes aside,
Great Work Guys, really looking forward to setting up my Franchise.
Old 05-25-2016, 10:40 PM   #179
#Ace

Speedy's Arena

OVR: 27

There are and will be several users asking how "player x" got this rating/potential. In the same vein that PVarck was saying, asking people to bug off, don't download the roster if they don't like it or change it themselves is quite poor as most of these users are sincere in their inquiry as they try to figure out whether it's a viable roster. I used the roster last year and enjoyed it.

I'm curious myself how the ratings were derived though as I cannot recall. ZiPS projections? Steamer? I noticed Willard mentioned it was a weighted rating. Maybe it was covered already in the WIP thread or posted here and I overlooked it...
It's hard though...especially when I got my neighbor playing their franchise across the street...maybe I will occupy myself with Glamore Magazine.
Old 05-25-2016, 10:46 PM   #180
MVP

tonybologna's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy
There are and will be several users asking how "player x" got this rating/potential. In the same vein that PVarck was saying, asking people to bug off, don't download the roster if they don't like it or change it themselves is quite poor as most of these users are sincere in their inquiry as they try to figure out whether it's a viable roster. I used the roster last year and enjoyed it.

I'm curious myself how the ratings were derived though as I cannot recall. ZiPS projections? Steamer? I noticed Willard mentioned it was a weighted rating. Maybe it was covered already in the WIP thread or posted here and I overlooked it...
They didn't use ZiPS. They switched to Steamer. Williard posted it somewhere in this thread I do believe. Edit: found his post here: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...8&postcount=69
NFL- GO COWBOYS
NHL- GO PREDATORS
NASCAR- Chase Elliott
MLS- LA Galaxy

RIP Pat Summitt: We will all miss you!

Jeremiah 29:11

Last edited by tonybologna; 05-25-2016 at 10:49 PM.
Old 05-25-2016, 10:54 PM   #181
#Ace

Speedy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonybologna
They didn't use ZiPS. They switched to Steamer. Williard posted it somewhere in this thread I do believe. Edit: found his post here: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...8&postcount=69
Thanks Tony...I somehow overlooked it.
It's hard though...especially when I got my neighbor playing their franchise across the street...maybe I will occupy myself with Glamore Magazine.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-25-2016, 11:04 PM   #182
Go Cubs Go

WaitTilNextYear's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy

I agree totally. The issue is there are just enough trolls and ne'er-do-wells mixed in that sometimes a response is provoked to a post that isn't really deserved. It's more of a cumulative thing. I also think we are well within our rights to suggest that people use something else or make their own changes if they're hot and bothered over something and don't see eye to eye with our process. It's comical to think any roster will be one size fits all given all the fetishes that people have for their gameplay. Nobody is owed anything here, either, aside from a minimum of respect and civility. We could delete the roster at any time, no questions asked although I don't ever see that happening.

I think we can all agree that people could try to do a tad more research before asking questions since many of the popular questions (how did you rate the players? what about budgets? how do I do x, y, or z?) have been answered over, and over, and over, and over again, most of the time within the last page or 2 only. I think mods on OS would also do well to encourage users to research a bit (actually use the search feature, page back maybe 1 or 2 pages) and not let users become so dependent on someone else finding an answer for them and laying it out on a platter all of the time.

Last edited by WaitTilNextYear; 05-25-2016 at 11:06 PM.
Old 05-26-2016, 01:00 AM   #183
Pro

Mattchu12's Arena

OVR: 0

Hey guys, I love the rosters as always, but had one question:

Some of the multi-position guys got their back-up positions changed quite a bit. For example, Dustin Ackley no long can play 1B, 2B, and the OF and is instead outfield only. Brock Holt is only a corner outfield guy, I think. Javier Baez is another guy that lost his outfield ability as well. Any reason why in particular that happened?
Old 05-26-2016, 02:48 AM   #184
Go Cubs Go

WaitTilNextYear's Arena

To answer your question, below is an exchange from earlier in the thread (around posts 40-45).

As for Baez, he has played the outfield only twice in his MLB career and never before this year. As a Cubs fan, he has no long-term future in the OF with the Cubs. He really doesn't need OF eligibility.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattchu12
Hey guys, I love the rosters as always, but had one question:

Some of the multi-position guys got their back-up positions changed quite a bit. For example, Dustin Ackley no long can play 1B, 2B, and the OF and is instead outfield only. Brock Holt is only a corner outfield guy, I think. Javier Baez is another guy that lost his outfield ability as well. Any reason why in particular that happened?
Quote:
Originally Posted by keymax
Thanks and I really appreciate the work that hss gone into this. As someone who dabbled with ZiPS projections for MLB the Show, I know how much effort this takes. One quick question, why were so many players secondary positions changed? Guys like Brock Holt, Leury Garcia and others who played numerous positions are now more limited.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaitTilNextYear
Unfortunately that happened in the editing process. Kike Hernandez was another ******ty. When a lot of people are making a lot of edits, mistakes can be made. It's not like scores and scores of players, either. It's just a few. Some of the secondaries are obsolete anyway and haven't been played by guys in many years.

It's too bad that positional eligibility is still so fidgety. It should be more customize-able and the almost religious devotion required to keeping eligibilities intact and never being able to fix a mistake is on Sony quite frankly.

If you are a Brock Holt user (he has LF/IF as his positions in this roster...yeah, not ideal but he hasn't played any other positions yet this year) and it really bothers you, you can just change his primary position before any game you want to give him a start at say, RF or CF. In some ways this might be better, because secondary positions come along with attribute hits, so always listing a versatile guy like Holt with the primary he's going to be using probably makes him play more realistic anyway. The downside is you have to remember to edit the position from time to time.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters »